Sign in to follow this  
Valenhil

FFXII Zodiac Age now has a Nexus page

6 posts in this topic

Just a heads-up, accessible here. I've been waiting for modding opportunities for this game since forever, and it seems a handy browser tool has already been developed. Might take a shot at overhauling it myself, depending on how much we end up being able to change.

Edited by Valenhil

Seems there's a file just for treasures. I'd like to at some point finish what they started with IZJS.

Back in the original FFXII, treasures were mostly pointless, so in IZJS they changed chests so there's a lot of good equipment in the zones. However, they're still mostly equipment available in a previous shop (except if you do the Mosphoran sequence break), and they still require a lot of mindless walking back and forth due to the chance of spawn, chance of gil, and chance of item. I'd like to change all equipment treasure chests to be one-time only, always have only a piece of equipment of the next shop you're about to visit, and say, 80% chance to spawn. That way the player is rewarded for fully exploring every new zone.

Technicks should be changed almost entirely, use them to give license boards some unique tools. But aside from that I'd only really change the Time Battlemage and the Machinist a little bit.

Edited by Valenhil

This is interesting.

I agree on technicks they should be rework some useless technicks could be remove for adding other (like some elemental technicks like some ennemies can use for physical attacker for instance), I also think the Bushi should be change a bit if we take the job alone you have a physical attacker with neither Adrenaline or Focus (while he has Serenity and spellbreaker with no spell to use outside of Shade of black), Heavy Armors only late game and that wear Mystic Armor but has almost no way of using his magick power (not to mention that for Katana strength is more important than magicks) and no use for his MP, the Time Battlemage almost the opposite.

Also regarding Magicks especially in the Black Magick I still don't get while we only have access to Water but neither Watera or Waterga (while these spells exist and are use by ennemies) same with Aera which does exist but we never get it and also there's no Earth spell, as for Time Magick the spell Comet should be given to them this is Time Mage's spell in FFV so why not here and Comet already exist and is use by the Esper Exodus.

Just some ideas.

Every file I think may be something good is either a .cm, .efb, .ebp, and I don't know what any of those extensions are, but there's a bunch of interesting .bins alongside the license boards, like ability_data and license_data and more importantly, waza_data, which I'm pretty sure it's Technicks.

Edited by Valenhil

a general increase in the hp of late game monster and overall bosses (along with stat tweaking) I really wanted the bosses to feel epic as they try to grind me to dust. A general increase of hp for late game hunts as well and some stat tweaking. The ideas for changing teck is sound but something I personally would like to be looked at after some of the things previously mentioned. Goodluck!