Sign in to follow this  
fabio73

Brave New World 1.9.0 Character Planner

6 posts in this topic

Back during the 1.7.4 release of BNW, I stumbled upon a BNW character planner for download on the Insane Difficulty forums.  According to the character planner Excel sheet, the tool it was created by BTB and Mishrak, and as far as I can tell, there hasn't been an update to this tool since the 1.7.4 release.  So what I decided to do, was to go ahead and update the character planner to reflect all the character, Esper, and equipment stats from the 1.9.0 release, and provide it here for everyone to download.

I compared the updated information on the character planner with the 1.9.0 Printme.xls several times to ensure that the information was entered in correctly but, if you do come across any discrepancies, let me know and I'll fix them.

The character planner itself is REALLY easy to use.  You basically select the character you want from a drop down, select from another set of drop downs, the weapons, helmet, armor, relics, and Esper you have or want to equipped on that character, enter in your level and which Espers for that character you want to invest Esper Levels into, and the tool will nicely display your character's stats based on the choices you've made.  Be sure to create a copy of the Character Planner tab for each character though, the tool won't allow you to plan more then one character at a time otherwise.

BNW 1.9.0 Character Planner.xls

Edited by fabio73

The BNWCP is updated for every release and is included with the download of the mod in the "Unlockme" archive.

I had a feeling that might be the case.  Thank you for confirming my suspicions, BTB :-).

I know you need to beat the game to get the password that unlocks the "Unlockme", and I would have done that a long time ago, but I REALLY want to stream my play through on Twitch once I've built my streaming PC, so I've only played BNW up through the Battle of Narshe.  It's been really tough not to finish it LOL.  I'm building my streaming PC soon so I won't have to wait that much longer.

The character planner doesn't seem to have the information for hidden items like the Lazy Shell or a certain relic that Celes likes.

The unlockeme version should.   However it’s purposely missing a few things.

Edited by Mishrak