Sign in to follow this  
Lutonio

Tips for levelling up reserves?

5 posts in this topic

Looking for some advice on grinding levels with my back up characters.  I'm fairly early in WoR and getting back some characters who are around 20 and unable to contribute much.

What have you found to be the best way near this point?

The intended method is to rotate your party out frequently, mixing parties with high-level characters and low-level ones.

Honnestly just switch things up I suggest progressing like BTB everytime you go to a new area take your lowest Level party member sure they probably will have a rough time at first but they will catching up of course be mindfull of the party composition I suggest always having at least a Tank (Cyan and Edgar can be build that way and they both have good support ability to complement there tankiness, Shadow to can be a good Agi Tank against ennemy that rely a lot on physical but he lacks support options outside of items) that will cover your weak allies and a Healer (Setzer, Celes, Relm can fill that position quite nicely) for obvious reasons for the 2 party members left to do how you want.

Too catch up faster, start with all 4 party members alive, kill off all but one enemy, then have your higher level characters run away (or die) so the lower level members get more exp. per battle.  Best to leave a weakened, status-inflicted enemy, defend with low level members (so their ATB resets), then run with high level members while their ATB is full.

Back in 1.6.x, our group (since it was multiplayer) used Edgar with Flash, Setzer with Slots, and two other party members.  We walked around the overworld with the battle Memory option on and, with the game playing at doulle speed or faster, we just farmed things.  Slots guaranteed the Blackjack or Mugu Mugu results and Edgar's Flash did lots of damage.