BTB

Brave New World 1.8.5 is now available!

103 posts in this topic

Expect streaming of this whenever I get back home or thereabouts, assuming I'm not trying to mess with a FFT mod.

5 hours ago, Nakar said:

Expect streaming of this whenever I get back home or thereabouts, assuming I'm not trying to mess with a FFT mod.

Awesome!

If one were to put a publisher name for this romhack to make it available to someone(s) somehow what should one put?

Edited by Drithe
implicit data removed

Updated OP with links to fixes until we can put out 1.8.6.

In addition to those, I will also add another hint about fighting Phunbaba, likely to Terra's dialogue so that the player doesn't miss it. 

Another minor bug: the Kagenui is mistakenly set to 0 BatPower. Below patches will fix.

(EDIT: see Seibaby's patches below)

Edited by BTB

Will there be a rolled-together version at some point, a la 1.8.5a or whatever? Just wanted to be sure before I start any major undertakings that I don't screw up any patching orders.

When Synchysi gets back from vacation, we'll put out 1.8.6 proper, which will basically be 1.8.5 with these patches applied (the order in which they are applied does not matter).

Cool. Will he be gone a while? I'll go ahead and just patch if he's going to be away for too much longer as I don't want to delay just because of that.

1 hour ago, thzfunnymzn said:

Nakar, will everything be streamed, or will you upload youtube videos also?

I'll record and upload, provided the recordings work. If not I'll probably pull and upload the vods.

16 minutes ago, ayzia said:

does this mod work 100% with no graphic glitches on it, with the hotfixes

To the best of our knowledge, yes.

The only graphics glitches that should remain would be vanilla ones and typically with sprites during battles. 

15 minutes ago, ayzia said:

does anyone have the brave new world mod v 1.7.4 that they could send me please

Hey there.  If you go to the downloads page for BNW:

You will be able to scroll down and you'll see a changelog section.  If you click on the change log button you can choose the Version you wish to look at and download.  Let me know if this helps.

2 hours ago, ayzia said:

Can someone patch the 1.8.5 version of brave new world mod for me with the hotfixes on it and then send me the patch please

because i can't patch romhacks anymore myself

No. Patching isn't difficult and BNW even includes an easy to use patching program. We don't distribute patched ROMs as the website stays on the proper side of the law.

Any tips for surviving fights after the difficulty spike at the siege of Narshe? Random encounter enemies on the way to and in Zozo can oneshot Gau, in the backrow with the best defensive equipment I can get him, so I feel like I must be doing something wrong. My guys are level 10~11, which I understand to be the expected level for this point.

The siege itself was extremely painful, too, since the game explicitly told me in the beginner's school not to minmax, so I did it the intended way (with three parties) rather than the cheesy way with one party that beelines the boss. Enemies just seem to do an absurd amount of damage, so I burn through my MP and healing items very quickly.

Gau getting one-shot is almost to be expected, he's not a very durable character. Tek Armor rage has innate Safe so that could help. Battle @ Narshe is a difficulty spike, and is intended to be one.

As far as consumables go... buy a lot of dried meat. There's a reason it's cheap. In addition, you have means to debilitate enemies that you can't kill instantly.

i think most people beeline the boss. i know i do. edgar's bio blaster makes the the battle at narshe a breeze. 

for gau, i like to gear for evade rather than defence. i haven't tried tek armor in a while, but i really like antlion rage; it sets stop on or outright kills pretty much everything.