BTB

Brave New World 1.8.5 is now available!

103 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, thzfunnymzn said:

Wait, another hint is needed against Phunbaba? Really?

You went all-out offensive so you really didn't notice.

Turtling against him... does not end well >.>

Edited twice.

SoooOOoo...I decided to be cute and bring X-Mog into Owzer's Mansion as well. Try out X-Rasp. (Muddle goes without saying - it worked like a charm for 4/6 of the randoms there).

Killing things was more efficient than Rasping them.

There are two enemies in Owzer's that you can't Muddle, but that you do want to Rasp. For both:

• Dahling's would move before Rasp struck, so I got Fire 3'd anyways. By the time Rasp hit, Setzer & Cyan just killed them anyways.
  • Nightshade's Starlight is an "Enemy Ability," so it doesn't use MP anyways. #NT$(TUNVNA

So...sorry, BTB, Rasp ain't working as a "neuter mages before they strike." Might work if the mages were bulky & hard to take down, so maybe for the Fiends in Kefka's? I'll test it out as a gimmicky way to kill undead later on, but don't hold your breath for anything amazing.

Muddle + SleepX should work like a charm when I get it.

Also, Tapir is a very disappointing 1/16 animal buddy to get from Dance. Specter re-charges Mog's MP properly - Tapir, the 1/16 step, re-charges ~60 MP to the whole party. Um...thanks? I shouldn't be wishing that Mog had gotten the 7/16 re-charge instead of the 1/16 re-charge. If a party wide MP restore is op, plz just have Tapir do something like "Fully restores Mog's MP" or something else basic.

Also, not sure if Rage Rod Gogo is working appropriately. I did the full set-up of Punisher, Hero Ring, Power Glove, Dragon Rage, and was even hitting low p.def foes. Gogo only did 2k damage. Gau, with a similar set-up, vigor stat, and level, was doing nearly 3k to foes with normal p.def. Also, Gogo's MP was being drained from the Punisher, like auto-crit is supposed to be. I think something's b0rked.

Setzer & Cyan go without saying. Cyan never died and blew things up with 3k Dragons while Mog and Gogo were playing with they're toys. Setzer swept with Blackjack, murdered a demon at 5k a pop with Avenger + Demonsbane, and killed the stupid Dahling's & Nightshades. I'll be fair to Mog - X-Break worked like a charm for Chadarnook as well. Matched Setzer's output, and Chadarnook died right when Mog's MP ran out.

Blackjack is freakishly good AoE for the midgame (2k AoE). I think the old Shock was better, but that's about it. In the past, I've had to dance around with X-Fight, Doom / Shoat, Bio for humans, and Cure 2/3 for undead, to get offense out of Setzer. Now? I just spam Blackjack. Dunno if that's a good or bad thing.

Then again, just noticed that Setzer's overleveled (26), so meh.

Off to the Ancient Castle.

Edited by thzfunnymzn