Sign in to follow this  
ronlyn

My Monster Tactics Datalog: The Misadventures of Oersted

64 posts in this topic

Good Day/Evening/Night everyone. The name's Ronlyn and I invite you across this lovely game called.............................
cEXog11.jpg

Made by Emmy, this mod can claim to be called "original and fresh" in all the extend of those words: New monsters, classes, skills and items will make your experience across this twisted Ivalice a rather fun diversion. But before that, some notes:

- THIS IS NOT MY FIRST TIME ON MONSTER TACTICS BY ANY STRETCH. I beat it waaaaaaaaaaay back at version 2.29 and I'm very aware of how it works (Of course, Emmy made sure that 2.49 had A LOT of shining new stuff to keep me on my toes)

- I will mostly put my thoughts and analysis of each battle: Augustein it's doing wonders when it comes to LP this game, so I will focus on details like monsters performance on each chapter, enemy composition and difficulty ranking of each battle from my point of view

- I hope I can do at the very least three update per week, so I apologize in advance if I can't keep this at a reasonable pace

With all that said:

5Z5kHLh.jpg

Born at January 13th (because my birthday kinda sucks in Ivalice)

Entry 1 - Orbonne Intro 

Rankings: 
1/10 (first time playing FFT)
0.5/10 (You have played FFT, FFT 1.3 or some FFT mod)
0.1/10 (2nd Playthough)

The Prelude to the strange yet possible world of Monster Tactics. We starts off with our typical party of Oersted, Agrias, Gafgarion and..................three chocobos.............against another three chocobos, a bomb and finally their boss, a baatezu. Sounds about right in my book

Nothing too worrysome, just play with the new mechanics and you should be fine. The difficulty come when you actively avoid tooltip something and end up prolonging this battle (not more than ten minutes thanks god).

Entry 2 - Gariland

Rankings: 
1/10 (First timer)
0.8/10 (Normal Player)
0.2/10 (2nd Playthough)

85jAoZi.jpg

GB51dyp.jpg

Our default team. I can already tell Emmy has touched some numbers here and there with the new EXP/JP system going on, but regardless of that we have in our pockets all the basic cover: Healing/Revival, Buff/Debuffs, Physic/Magic attacks and Unique niches. Ramza of course it's your typical jack all trades, so use him as you see fit

qAS4QIi.jpg

I decided to put both my Chocoling, Goblin cub and Kitten on stand-by because I don't need them here (And before you ask, I will change their names later)

sZgkouj.jpg

The foes. I kinda like how despite all the hype we got from the game, this squire over here ends up being the most dangerous since CT Save it's so powerful on tanky units

YOf3I8Y.jpg
ly5lufg.jpg

The battle it's just a matter of who gets the first strike. I waste a turn of my Pisco because I forgot the fact that he still doesn't have enough MP for spells.

0ovXl5S.jpg

Sadly, they make a huge mistake: One of the flotiballs gets on critical and the goblin decides to heal him, wasting his turn and also killing his partners since I took down the thing before his skill resolved, giving me a full round of hits on them.

Overall, this is just prologue part 2: Enemies are more dangerous since they are more competent, but you should beat them if you know how CT works (and even then sandbagging like crazy can also do the trick)

mjWKXGD.jpg

Before ending this little update, I noted this brand new skill on Delita. I cannot wait to abuse the hell out of it

Entry 3 - Mandalia

Rankings: 
2/10 (First timer)
1/10 (Normal Player)
0.5/10 (2nd Playthough)

XwSM0Dx.png

Behold.........MY NEW TEAM (sans Airburn and Dusk since I like those guys.They can stay)

Oersted: Wait a sec: Lynn, why did you change your name?

Pisco: Well, you see....................

JVbWcCr.jpg

P9STl3y.png

I decided to change Oersted into Chemist because being versatile its the best thing ever. He learns:

Squire:
Wish: Revive with 1% Hp
Tackle: Physical hit. Can Proc Silence
Remedy: Heals several status effects
Yell: Add Haste on target
Cheer Up: Add Protect/Shell on target
CT Save: Br% chance of restore 20 CT when hit

Chemist:
Plume: Add Reraise on target
Potion: Restore 50% Max Hp

JVo3skC.png

Team formation. But before doing anything, let's see what old Balbanes has to say

Qv9NnHC.png

Yeah..........Moving on!!!!

9smt5QE.png

Do you really have to ask? (Spoilers: Screw his ass)

bqN2wiF.png

The oposition: they're kinda handicap since those thiefs are like: "GOTTA GO FAST!!!!!..............and do 1 damage"

GuBvzao.png
UyGSkyy.png

First order of business: NO REVIVES ALLOWED

4Zy0dB9.png
MtvKLco.png

Since the AI doesnt recognize some of emmy new skills until certain levels (like Siphon), they just got stuck dealing weak damage via tentacle (rule 34 strikes again)

NFmO5Fo.png

In the end, I got old fashioned and do an Overkill because (Really, I'm loving the new Delita)

Overall, it's kinda telegraphed: Chocobo will go and suicide on Ramza and Co if Algus becomes less of a desirable target (easily done with a Plume), Piscos will go kamikaze on me just to die horribly and the thieves are the bards of this fight. I do like how despite of that, you can still lose if one of the thieves manage to land a steal heart or the chocobo evades every hit (which is quite possible). Good battle, but easy nonetheless

And before going to sleep..........................

lOWKYFw.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Spoilers: He comes with us  (-_-)

Guess who didn't know that epsxe has an screenshot function (F8) :P

Entry 4 - Igros Castle

Rankings: 
3.5/10 (First timer)
1.5/10 (Normal Player)
1/10 (2nd Playthough)

EgNETxp.jpg

First of all: best to get those poison ivys since poison it's fucking powerful on CH1. Going back to the story:

hBhzqKi.jpg

"I don't know, he just keep following me talking nonsense about revenge and become my servant"

hkRUti2.jpg
cop2BbC.jpg

GET BENT

BX8kdPu.jpg

Battle formation

G1j9VJl.jpg

Oersted goes to spend some quality time with his elder brother, so Algus decides to pester Delita about his boring and yet annoying backstory

B0VCLJy.jpg

Good lord there was a ambush out of nowhere to stop his bitching

U99Z1Wd.jpg
EExwx1S.jpg
QPTwP1a.jpg

This map it's straightforward like almost all CH1: Beat their shit and avoid getting destroy

WbKfYhF.jpg

Alma doesn't seems to get the memo however.........

AjBxmja.jpg

Here is where I notice something: Dusk decides to go around, chasing some ladies while Othelos and Xipha gets fucked

H9Uq4ir.jpg

Algus does something for once and poison the boss and with just that I won this battle

hLbW0Hi.jpg

It's not like it was struggling or something however

qbqCtxg.jpg
RKaUmG5.jpg

Poor thing.......he just wanna go home...........

NkTHVlX.jpg
tFpOdTp.jpg

As his last move, decides to seppuku on me just to die by triggering counter flood. I guess that's better than poison ticks

Overall, this is quite a good show: ??? enemies are quite the roadblock if you're going for the first time, but this is also the best of times to show off status effect as the best answer to deal with those enemies (confusion being my personal favorite: I just cannot get tired of seeing units being goofy). Vanilla and 1.3 players can also be surprise by how tamed this bosses can be when you know their weaknesses (this can also backfired in some situations, however)

Entry 5 - Sweegy Woods

Rankings: 
3.5/10 (First timer)
1.8/10 (Normal Player)
1.5/10 (2nd Playthough)

WslKbod.jpg

Learned skills:

Chemist:
Poison Ivy: Inflict Poison on target
Throw Item: Use item command at 4 range

What's better than one person applying poison? TWO persons applying poison, of course

4t8QPSv.jpg

KRceyDn.jpg

Delita it's looking more like my inner thoughts by the minute, folks

qz2DMCi.jpg

Jk9hox8.jpg2cq3hPN.jpg

Battlefield: This is one constant on Monster Tactics: Most of the time, you're outnumbered and you gotta play smart the first couple of turns or otherwise, you're getting raped

qx6ORc3.jpg

Also, don't rely all your offense or support duties on these two: Their equipment and skills gets randomized between fights

oSXS5AA.jpg

Ramza starts doing his only job: Haste everyone 

NyqRXBr.jpg
qu8r8gh.jpg

Airburn does quite a chunk of damage on the goblin over here, attracting the chocobo on my trap, eliminating both as a threat

U6WqZDq.jpg
u5Nv3mk.jpg

Algus does his best at being nasty and gets blow up as result

2f794GP.jpg
XOixJ2M.jpg

The real MVP it's Airburn however: Endeavor it's quite the useful skill when it's combined with reraise/a well timed revival

uRqzaM8.jpg

Helligor doesn't slack off however: cat kick it's the perfect thing to avoid short range sandbagging 

IcycGs4.jpgNIzvxs0.jpg

Delita also dispose of the second Goblin while the last one reflex about his life choices as he dies on poison food

qxaS46I.jpgJIGGzuN.jpg

And since this is and LP, it has to end with a Self-destruction

This is by far the hardest battle for new players on CH1: This is the first time you get a lot of things happening on screen and little time to react accordingly. My best advice it's to chill out where you start and let them charge at you so you can pelt them from apart while they waste their CP chasing you. Hell, even veterans can find themselves losing the battle just because of a nasty self-destruct, so keep you AT list on hand and think before act and you should avoid unnecessary deaths (Algus was on purpose because fuck him)

Well, it is time to deal with that one map........

Entry 6 - Dorter Trade City

Rankings: 
4/10 (First timer)
2/10 (Normal Player)
2/10 (2nd Playthough)

f6gigdj.jpg

Oersted feels the magic and decides to go full nuke as Wizard

Learned Skills:

Chemist:
Soap: Inflict Regen on target
Plague Skull: Inflict Mist on target
Auto Potion: Use Potion when attacked

Wizard:
Nanoflare: Non-elemental spell (Range 4, no AoE)

xinmcym.jpg

My team. Oersted is making the game slightly hard since he got a lead on lvls and the enemy scales with the highest lvl in the roster

u6Fy3Hb.jpg

"Ohhh shoot: Bad guys at three o'clock. Please be quiet every-"

bNcaBzt.jpg

"DAMMIT ALGUS!!!!!"

uogFnyH.jpg
LEOkeHy.jpg
XNw3kSZ.jpg

The opposition. Getting rid of those kittens it's top priority for now

jr25jcg.jpg

Setting up my emergency plan

P4NYt4o.jpg

Our friend over here decides to spam mana bomb on Chikka, but Delita goes in with the objection

s9wj5fH.jpg
sxL8H7U.jpg

Dream team confirmed

OgvMiKi.jpg

Oersted too stronk, pls nerf

1Umwr38.jpg

Helligor it's all bark, but no bite

nFF7198.jpg

Chocobos does excels at their jobs: Being a nuisance in general

q5yH3e4.jpg

They almost manage to delete Chikka from existence too

I7N28gK.jpg

Bad chocobos: GET SPANKED!!!!!

30deB5N.jpg

And to keep up with the festivities........

SP6YK4B.jpg

"It's a frigging bird. Just let me handle this"

"Hmph......As you wish............"

"Hey buddy: The name's Oersted. See this seed sack? If you don't want that thing in a "unpleasant" place, you better start talking NOW, capiche?"

M9nRaXC.jpg
wDGuaSX.jpg

I was about to do a joke but it was too mainstream so....................

Let's talk about this map: You already know how handle several enemies, but this time you can get completely decimated by their superior jump. as last time, stay inside the starting zone and make your way killing one at a time. Chocobos are the least of your troubles since wish it's just prolonging the inevitable, but a well place bite/sleep can mess you up pretty badly, so watch out and keep everyone spread. This place it's a field-trip with a Squid, so bring it if you can (not doing it here since next time can also be useful)

Entry 7 - Sand Rats

Rankings: 
3/10 (First timer)
1.5/10 (Normal Player)
1.5/10 (2nd Playthough)

guBNGA5.jpg

Going back to basics

Learned skills:

Priest:

Cure: Restore Hp (Range 4, AoE 1)
Raise: Revives unit with 50% Hp (Range 4, no AoE)

Time Mage:

Haste: Accelerate CT gaining by 50% (Range 4, AoE: 1, no height tolerance)
Slow: Decrease CT gaining by 50% (Range 4, AoE: 1, no height tolerance)

PKLdn4X.jpg

XdpQUrp.jpg
xvtVIa9.jpg

Being killed by the plot or my hands? A hard choice indeed........

kkhTRNG.jpg

CJtN7Io.jpg
NKVlByN.jpg
YcR6dCq.jpg

Today's battlefield. Jellies are a nuisance if you rely on magic to deal damage, meanwhile bomb can be quite dangerous since critical quick/self-destruction never gets old. Please take note of Delita's PA

PzkUcGo.jpg

Le buffs and bait

qyhsr97.jpg

Just look at this beautiful clusterfuck...........They already lost

6iMErYq.jpg

Goblins are generally good in this match-up: Eye gouge can shut down any threats, meanwhile endeavor can bypass their hp advantage and put them on the kill zone quite fast

wQJNGt2.jpg

Delita or Oersted can also contribute to the cause drying out their mp reserves to avoid nanoflares and MP-switch procs

lfM7YzK.jpg

random attack + counter flood: A confused ranger

Cb6F82Z.jpg

Delita + Bloodlust: A scary foe

ZNmeZg9.jpg
dwrpLx7.jpg

Airburn manages to piss off everyone out there. I must give him a cookie 

ZEkFlW3.jpg

HA:The joke's on you!!!

7AJ051S.jpg

Just look at this monstrosity.........To put it on context: Oersted will reach that PA naturally by CH4

3PKOc1o.jpg

"You can't go from pickpocket to outright kidnapping people"

"And what are you arguments?"

"Well, you see................."

Vw5OFtz.jpg

"That's.............pretty convincing.......BLARG"

9d2r07i.jpg

"I.....think I'll come back later, kay?"

HSBsCrw.jpg

And this is why you don't send three squires to do an army's job.

Overall, I feel this battle a little easy compare to the last time: The enemy once again needs to catch you before doing anything and Jellies can be dealt easily since they lack long-range options.You can also put a meat-shield in front of one door and watch as they pile up trying to kill said unit, just to get them destroyed by the rest of your party (hasted to make it more quick)

Our first real assassination attempt ever!!!  :bsnsguy:

Entry 8 - Miluda I

Rankings: 
1.5/10 (First timer)
0.5/10 (Normal Player)
0.2/10 (2nd Playthough)

nsYMpt2.jpg

I need bloodlust in my life, if you don't mind

Skills Learned:

Squire (MASTERED):

Throw Stone: Deal damage at distance
Arms Mastery: Inmunity to steal/break skills, unit can exchange equipment mid-battle, unit can found items on hidden tiles
Poison Heal: If unit has poison, it heals 1/4 Max Hp
Rough Skin: Deals 4 x PA back to the enemy when attacked

Knight:

Mp Break: Deals Mp damage + Inflict Rasp

Ranger:
Neutralize: Removes Faith and Innocent
Guts: Unit deals 50% more damage if it has a negative status effect

tM5bTcy.jpg
lmzLx8f.jpg

Cutscenes: Delita decides to be a bro and take one from the team, but I'm better than that

b0aQQRn.jpg

("AAAAAND this is the part where Delita and I get expeled")

4rMbhGE.jpg

Okay..................("...............WHAT JUST HAPPEN HERE?!?!?")

J79dKJs.jpg
xXOe2ws.jpg
RnA1O42.jpg

Old Balbanes wasn't kidding when he entrust us with the task of being a true Beoulve it seems.........

Yes, I'm tweaking the story: FFT has several weak points and the story it's one of the most undeveloped points in this game, and since MT doesn't exactly take it too serious, I won't either. give your opinions about this

qcbMDbS.jpg
pSPBcMs.jpg
rr0aqeQ.jpg

So........We're going to fight against the only female captain, huh?

c5Je2Ye.jpg

I prefer your rather not, Algus

aYfDQ7n.jpg

As I said before, today's objective differs from the last few battles:

ODFh24B.jpg
COhZv0n.jpg

Birds are generally just hard to hit and chocobos don't need any explanation whatsoever. Miluda however can solo your whole party if you let her do her way

5udBiD5.jpg
MVPXqY3.jpg
9frt3gy.jpg

Algus decides to put some use to his rather underwhelming reactions by proc Mega-Flare on the poor bird (that spell cannot be reflect BTW) 

or2gBOE.jpg

Delita and Oersted should dry their Mp to avoid Mp switch and annihilate the chocobo as fast we can muster: Haste or Shell/Protect on Miluda it's outright a reset unless you have a sparkle ready to self-destruct

xwfdUzq.jpg

Poison Heal + Poison + Guts: A wreaking ball (And I'm getting bloodlust after this)

v1qhLAN.jpg
pfe3vRw.jpg

The birds this time manage to inflict Haste,Transparent,Reflect and Shell on Oersted in this battle. I won't complain (I still reraise the sparkle since the two previous attempts ended up in defeat after they proc charm on Delita and he just destroy my ass along Miluda................)

Iplnrcv.jpg
BPkAc5H.jpg
Dt4TlE3.jpg

FFT AI: Shit, they're about to kill her........let me throw sorcery at her!!!!!!!!  :yes 

hEqGfBH.jpg
t1GpChM.jpg

"You're fucking fired"

fw7yRHi.jpg

Can just calm down, dude?

8C6L1rX.jpg

"Feh..... sympathy it's for the weak. Next time, I'll kill you for sure!!!" *Escapes*

NE5uSYM.jpg

I'm asking the same to you, you psychopath

There's no too much to be said: Miluda will try to kill everything on they field, you dispose of her before that happens. The only threat the rest of the enemies would pose it's getting charmed or they focus on your designed nuker, but otherwise a easy battle overall

Edited by ronlyn

Entry 9 - Mandalia II

Rankings: 
4/10 (First timer)
3.5/10 (Normal Player)
3/10 (2nd Playthough)

Cutscenes incoming, please skip if you're wanna go straight into the gameplay

CoM62eD.jpg

Meanwhile..............

gowhynd.jpg
OtPHA6I.jpg
aB05y3h.jpg
xgccwmA.jpg
VROYgR6.jpg

So yeah: Golagros just manages to kidnap the only brunette in the whole Ivalice, yet everyone know by a fact that ALL beoulves in history are fucking blondies. This is why you deserve to die, you nickwit

3egzFnp.jpg

ZZRcdqb.jpg
xSWMF0b.jpg
fx65BpB.jpg

*Google translate said: Sorry, she's fucked. Can someone take me to the bathroom?*

1k5iTWp.jpg
kgFvoSV.jpg

"No one called you, Algus"

xRweJ8W.jpg
uRDARzv.jpg

"Well..........fuck"

Kmtpg8g.jpg

Delita proving that bloodlust wasn't a waste of a skill on him

UBFXdvR.jpg

#FRIENDSHIPITSMAGIC

UP8WVdX.jpg
oDLG9OH.jpg
turbFVl.jpg

And that's the last thing we know from Algus (at least for now). Oersted decides to clear his mind killing monsters somewhere, thus getting some new skills:

Knight:

Circle: Reduce MA by 3
Square: Reduce PA by 3
Bloodlust: Br% of gain +1 PA after succefully deal an attack with the grasp flag

Gameplay:

GpwrGWT.jpg

Since Oersted has gone missing, the monsters decides to follow Delita for now

6DScuYZ.jpg

Best plot device to start a battle IMO

AzT4vm1.jpg
5djA4ya.jpg
eCeZMcj.jpg
kXZh2iW.jpg

Today's we're literally in a hellhole: those Wizards can basically nuke anyone out there without any hassle, Squids can potentially ruin the day with confusion/sleep and birds aren't exactly tame, so we need drastic measures here

ojTxDm1.jpg
51Nay7a.jpg

Xipha being a progessive......squid I guess, goes and input confusion on her fellow friend over there, while Darvos exhaust the wizard's mp via flare star procs

sJ4vqwH.jpg
vRWW9Eo.jpg
kLIEH9v.jpg

Once I close the space between me and them I realize something: all of them rely on charged spells to do anything resembling damage, leaving them quite vulnerable to status/attacks (even better, if said spells goes after a character that was targeted by it, move it near them to ensure that karmatic death)

aND1Vpj.jpg
auTlsnf.jpg

Delita and Darvos are my only powerhouses (especially Delita) so I keep them apart

5f2hY7B.jpg
StevykX.jpg
j6fZ0ur.jpg

Status can make it or break it easily here

rZJPW9r.jpg
b0znj4w.jpg

I finally manage to get back poor Airburn after almost crystalize on me........just to die immediately

NrWBFYX.jpg

For some reason, that manages to trigger the AI and she kills everyone sans Wizard, Delita and Darvos

ff7owSO.jpg 

Not that it changes anything in the end, thought

sOb8yDH.jpg

"Althought, My sunset it's a little more.....gruesome I guess"

obOLMCJ.jpg

You would be more efficient if you changed to other classes to learn skills

2AWJCnU.jpg

Sadly, my epsxe doesn't record this sound, so................

Yeah, this was tought even when I got plenty of experience dealing with this: Enemies can cover the whole screen and you can do little about it. Unlike the maps before, going in and kill them fast it's the best course of actions: Less foes means less attacks to deal with in the futurem so remember that. I suggest an sparkle here just in case you need to end those Wizards soon

Entry 10 - Random Battle #01 (Pudding),  Miluda II

Rankings: 
1/10 (First timer)
0.8/10 (Normal Player)
0.5/10 (2nd Playthough)

mtb6hs8.jpg

Ki16ev0.jpg
zCUy1h6.jpg

Gonna catch'em all

utlwedI.jpg

For balance reasons, this bad boy wont see the light of day until CH2 kicks in

21SdzuJ.jpg
mb3jSX6.jpg

Oersted gonna practice his heals since they're worthy on MT (Also before I forget: this a No crystal inheritance run, so I must prioritize which class needs JP to get certain skills/reactions/jobs)
Urbe9tT.jpg

"Not be so dumb, they will surely kill us"

tIIJlTC.jpg

I already know Xipha's little secret. I'm not afraid

mQ08h45.jpg

Props to that little bird: It ends up making me laugh for hours

JAMS62q.jpg
45Fybsf.jpg

Jellies and Squids make a surprisingly stunning combo: since the latter will snick on you status effects, the former can walk like a dog in his home and take you down rather effectively while the bird it's the nurse. Miluda it's just a pain in the ass in general since she can cover all the mentioned points

odhtL26.jpg

Status effects everywhere

aMVKxuo.jpg
QojEqkt.jpg
M5bfPI4.jpg

Odpil1h.jpg

And screw them he does.........

OecSDB8.jpg
emDAmn2.jpg

Endeavor abuse and Oersted get mist out o that thing, just to be afflicted with innocent the next turn (Very funny, game)

ewytmCf.jpg

Yeah.......Whip that ass!!! (......................Does jellies have ass thought?)

n40DnAa.jpg

Poor bird gets locked into a reraise loop

6grYWR5.jpg

Miluda also gets screw by the RNG missing FOUR raises in a row. I guess that's what she gets from being a total bitch on Delita

JGUmtDy.jpg
tOTpxcI.jpg

Let me explain this picture: Xipha cast sleep, Jelly moves in between my monsters, spell goes off, everyone goes zzz and Othelos's Synchronize goes off, essentially shitting down four of six party members. The AI sometimes scares me

KgtTNeq.jpg
qTrEubt.jpg

And then she dies from poison. LAME

Overall, status effects deal quite well with anything this battle can throw at you. You should take this chance and unlock some classes since CH2 could potentially get you locked out (not as 1.3, but your strats would be more prone to luck than anything)

Entry 11 - Wiegraf 

Rankings: 
0.7/10 (First timer)
0.5/10 (Normal Player)
0.3/10 (2nd Playthough)

A0Sl4Po.jpg

QXGOlos.jpg

Oersted got into power rangers recently, so here's his loadout:

Priest:

Protect: Reduce physical damage by 50% (Range 3, AoE: 1, no height tolerance)
Shell: Reduce magical damage by 50% (Range 3, AoE: 1, no height tolerance)

Wizard:

Sheer Power: Damage increased by 1/3, attacks no longer inflict their random procs  

VlEdM6n.jpg

"But.....all of her family it's blonde. Doesnt that sounds little too suspicious to you?"

"Huh? I was looking thought the window, did you say anything?"

"..................Nevermind"

pvwpMBS.jpg

"And her last words were: Cheap tactics?!? URG, no one it's a dick on her except ME"

w7Z0ZOT.jpg
iRn6ev0.jpg

I see what you did there with Golagros, Emmy (No I don't)

TCaadgJ.jpg
2Gdstf1.jpg

The monsters aren't worth mentioning so I will go straight to him: Be aware of his stupidly high speed or be completely surrounded

cTp848r.jpgnzwpRvG.jpg
dCxhnej.jpg0e2Bt1E.jpg

5Gq43AV.jpg

AAAAAAND done.Not exactly something I would call extremely challenging

vAnah65.jpg
UfmPfRP.jpg

Angst Delita almost makes me cry, but another part of me believes that Teta would tear a hole on the fabrications of reality if she becomes playable. Just another Aerith I guess................

Strats? Just smack him hard and fast and be quick with it

Entry 12 - Random Battle #02 (Dragon), Algus 

Rankings: 
2.5/10 (First timer)
2/10 (Normal Player)
1.7/10 (2nd Playthough)

hWflUan.jpg

eQp7t31.jpg
w5tvuy0.jpg

First off, let me show off my new slave companion: like the last time, wait until CH2

YtdSQhg.jpg
DivV3mv.jpg

Oersted decides to go classic into the last map of CH1

Learned Skills:

Ranger:

Reincarnation: Revives unit with 10% max hp (Range 4, AoE: 1)
CT Burst: Deals more damage to targets with lower CT than the user (Range 4, Arc range)
Bulletproof: Unit Evades bows,guns and missile attacks

i5mmxur.jpg
LxvZomj.jpg
WuSUjly.jpg

Well...........that's leaving a mark

"Oh no........"

"T-Teta?"

"Sorry big brother........I couldn't fulfill.... our promise........"

MqrNmZt.jpg

After all this years........THIS still gets me (Go and eat your heart off Aerith, this is really sad)

mWH16Ew.jpg
SC9prhR.jpg

"Don't have to tell me twice"

CC5qshl.jpg

For the first time in ages...... we're having a 6 vs 6 battle

F9APRm7.jpg
ma68Ky9.jpg
N45y00p.jpg

Today's lackeys are here just to make killing Algus all the more annoying

gCnZfXs.jpg

Speaking of which: Just stay spread so neither death sentence or Leaf dance hit multiple people
kOaGlWP.jpg

And off to a good start we go!!!

WHBzqSh.jpg

Did you know that Counter not longer sucks? 

nUyFPuk.jpg

One down, three more to go (Sorry Bomb, you're not worth my attention)

aFR0wnw.jpg
YeMxOK6.jpg

He even tries to protect his allies to no avail

dGB5JqD.jpg
AM1H8T9.jpg
f77jCfd.jpg

Oersted gets to finally start the buffs on Delita: IDK if Algus AI it's bugged, but he will make a beeline to Delita, so you should use that to keep him busy while dealing with the others

cf2J3kj.jpg

Gonna admit: CH1 does his job when it comes to create an antagonist that we have good reasons to outright kill out of despise

PVjU7Pg.jpg
fSuaWom.jpg

Sadly, that doesn't mean the gameplay will match this characterization at all

wk96hS3.jpg

Not that it matters when you get distracted by big numbers like these

8AS2baA.jpg

Next time you should check out monsters inmunities/weaknesses before become one yourself, lad

HuWcY9l.jpg
2l3M301.jpg

Ehhhh.......Haven't heard about Beetlejuice? If you keep repeating his name like a pokemon who knows what will-

"DELITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

D16Pj3p.jpg

I told you

Overall, I like the pace of the last of the prologue battles: Lots of things to get care of, a boss which can perfectly deal with you even alone and an actually useful NPC for once. Just choose whoever you see fit and roll with it since this is the final test before shit starts to get real. next time I'm posting CH1 analysis tomorrow, so stay tuned!!!

Interlude: Review and Analysis of CH1

Heya everyone, I'm here to input my thoughts and impressions of what it is to me the wildest and well-craft mod on the Final Fantasy mod in this forum (Before you ask: BNW doesn't count because I made clear the fact that at this point, BNW it's the oficial FFVI release and vanilla/advance versions are just some kind of watered down version of it)

Let's start with some words from the very creator of this mod:

"The idea I had with the creation of this mod was because the two things that every mod out there doesn't do so well is monsters and bosses"

Since the start of FFT modding waaaaay back at 2005, the one objective every person who set aim to change this humble gem of the psx was the same: Enhance all the mechanics and fix bugs/glitches/problems with the original game to make the experience more enjoyable. Several mods and patches were made across the years (FFT Tournament and 1.3 being the most prominent out there), but on June 6th of 2015, the first female modder ever since the foundations of ID share a modified FFT mod with the name "Monster Tactics", shaking the foundations of the common knowledge about FFT modding in general.

"A mod about monsters?" 
"That's so crazy"
"It must be a joke or something"

But it wasn't: As the days passes and new versions become available, the mod was seen as less of a joke and more as an stand-alone game: 1.3 was on hot wheels until mid 2016, but Monster Tactics keep growing into the mod that I would come back every three months or so to have some fun (and even if that wasn't a good enough reason, a really good updates schedule from Emmy will always make sure to lure you into play to try out those new changes)

Now with the real juice of the game:

"If you had only a word to describe you mod, what would be?"

"Chocolate"

MT does make sure to establish himself as a standalone mod out there: New and completely reliable monsters, revamped jobs and brand new maps ensure that the experience you will get of it will completely differ from any other mod out there. The only problem with playing this mod it's the fact that at first everyone will expect a FFT experience and that's just a wrong assumption: Monster Tactics can be grabbed, put into stream, and could perfectly pass as some kind of weird cousin of FFT. 

Going into the gameplay (the part I'm pretty sure attracts the 80% of players out there) I must say...............It's good enough: Monsters having differents reactions/innates/Inmunities/weakness between families make sure that you always have a favorite setup to play with while the game tries his best to not punish you for playing one way or another (something I always complain about 1.3). My only call-out would be that sometimes monsters seems a little too much overpowered since they can basically do almost everything while have nice perks that makes them more appealing that even most of human jobs in the regular game.

Putting my lens on CH1, I can clearly discern his concept: It's a tutorial to get accustom to this crazy alternate reality to the old and classic game from 1997, which works fine to me because I ended up this chapter fighting a flying one eyed monster that was my former companion (my HUMAN companion now that we're at it). The story while in general unchanged, does make sure to establish the monster as the primary moving force in the world of Ivalice: They can live in cities, have works like us, hell they even hold important charges and that's quite bizarre yet awesome since I can already tell by experience that an chocobo that can attack, run and think by himself it's a huge asset to an army for example.

Going back into the gameplay, new skills means new situations to deal with, and MT doesn't come short to show how easily can change the dynamic per battle: In one you can see yourself tanking all the hits and avoid splinting up your party members since that would otherwise being destroyed and impossible to revive and being forced into a loop of revive units until death comes eventually, and the next you can find yourself running like a mad dog to kill all the enemies to avoid unpleasant situation that can rend the encounter imposible to beat.

With this premise explained, here it is the averages from all kind of players about CH1 difficulty:

2.3/10 (First timer)
1.4/10 (Normal Player)
1/10 (2nd Playthough)

Ch 1 Average: 2.1

Something to make crystal clear: Even thought several playthoughts can shatter the game's difficulty, a good/patient new player can achieve the same results as me, and the same can be said about veterans getting stuck on some parts because of how the RNG works at times, so I can't get mad at the game getting unfair at times (althought half of them were my fault, but details).

Since this is a tutorial, you will get what you expect: battles with a clear objective and ways to procede on it, a pretty balanced party to get accustomed, a lot of patterns and AI quirks to learn for the future and finally, a real challenge from the game. My only complaint would be that at times it's fells......slow, but that's something superficial since I will eat my words as soon CH2 becomes a thing.

Without anything else to say, I bid my farewell for now: This is my first time doing this so I kinda expecting several errors here and there so make me aware of them if you can. Thank you so much for reading this, I hope you guys are enjoying this and if you have any suggestions please let me know of them.

EDIT: CH2 starts at monday

Let's get into business, shall we?

Entry 13: Dorter 2

Rankings: 
2/10 (First timer)
1.5/10 (Normal Player)
1.2/10 (2nd Playthough)

5wROQTY.jpg

"Speaking of fishy: You were standing right there looking into the lake for like an hour, did something happen?"

"I......."

*Door opening*

VzcTm7P.jpg

*light steps*

"Excuse Agrias, where's Ovelia?"

PdyY8nB.jpg

"..............Do you realize I'm a knight with a sword, right?"

SMLuCjz.jpg

It's not like you have choice, little fella: She pays you for something

gSFs7JC.jpg
cvFmqe9.jpg

While Oersted dwell into his past year, all the monsters manage to digivolve growth into their adults forms. We also gain new allies (As to why Murkton was replaced, let's just say his taste was quite intriguing............)

YOfaaG3.jpg
BLRiUDI.jpg

Oersted decides that the best way to deal with life's problems it's to punch them until they disappear:

Chemist:

Light Curtain: Adds Protect on target
Lunar Curtain: Adds Shell on target
Mirror: Adds reflect on target
Ether: Restores 50% max MP

Monk;

Spin Fist: Attacks targets around the user (AoE 1)
Wave Fist: Attack target from affar (Wind elemental, Range 3)
Revive: Revive target with 33% Max HP (Range 3)

"Shhh: I can hear some people talking......."

3CbMBls.jpg

"(Hmph: A least someone recognize my real value here)"

rj4sO5h.jpg

"OH, COME ON!!!"

"It's them, ATTACK!!!"

T6zgRpf.jpg
g5iisHP.jpg
pFbN7cg.jpg

Today's battle it's a pain in the ass: everyone can revive each other (or even worse: apply reraise/protect/shell). dragging the battle until you get screw by the RNG eventually. Not dealing with that

X5ftZtV.jpg
qopKHG4.jpg

Since both Gaffy and Agrias got Item/throw item combo, I just park myself there an buff my units

DmpfOYv.jpg
nD1FlEn.jpg

Both chocobos decides to mana bomb my party, so Helligor goes in with a paralize, also hitting a nearby thief (Sadly, Agrias doesn't get the same luck)

rUqvKUi.jpg
cTMGMh4.jpg

Things like interrupt can take you far here

qwE3h4K.jpg
KUwRmSk.jpg

thanks for the clutch HP restore: Let me repay your kindness :)

X49sNy9.jpg
zSJmFsZ.jpg

And down he goes

Y6ik10T.jpg

"............Would you care to explain where the hell are we going? I'm not exactly a Psico"

"So you wanna-"

"DON'T YOU DARE, XYPHA"

I would like to upload more images but this battle was that easy: Chocobos can't deal well with things like sleep or confuse, and thief are only dangerous at turn 1 since they move first, but they are as tanky as Edward, so there's that too

Entry 14: Araguay Woods

Rankings: 
1.5/10 (First timer)
1/10 (Normal Player)
0.5/10 (2nd Playthough)

kpob2ne.jpg

rsHIMHU.jpg
J5J23qp.jpg

Learned Skills:

Monk:

Chakra: PA based Hp and Mp healing (AoE 1 around target, heals undead units)
Stigma Magic: Heals Several status effects (AoE 1 around user)

Note: From now on, I will do a random battle in-between battles to even out lvls between party members

SREEioe.jpg

Cut-scene: Some monsters are discussing if chocobos could be use at KFC

pIoRcIJ.jpg

That "OMG" really ruins the whole scene, thought

MC4Qo4E.jpg
sUBdnAk.jpgQcYaYj9.jpg
vQT06Rw.jpg4KY4q5W.jpg
GB5mB8D.jpgJDb9u7X.jpg

This battle it's filler: Those dudes can't do jack shit until they're near and the Taiju it's the glue that keeps everything going here (not that she will do a good job at all but whatever)

Sb7hGGT.jpg

#BashTheChicken

JQR2Q4J.jpg
tHdNgen.jpg

I'm starting to recall why I don't use dragons at all

h1jmBYN.jpg

Let's see: Raise, Divine Intervention, Arise.............Nope, you're screw buddy

ZXfDlAT.jpg
ZMtJwwe.jpg

They decide to do something resembling a threat and target both attacks on Agrias. The bad new? it would kill her. The good news? They're put themselves in front of me

RA92S0d.jpg

Taiju comes to the rescue.........and then she gets stopped

6m0t4UM.jpg
uYU8hCn.jpg
z6QenZD.jpg

And down she goes. Man, I starting to wonder if I should add more restrictions............(spoilers: I won't since that's outright suicidal)

IrMBSz3.jpg

"That dude was speaking nonsense about using common sense and stuff. He was badungus!!!"

c1NcdMV.jpg

Hey Chikka: Guess who's going back to the barn

I don't even need to explain this: Just be aware that Taijus are magic tanks and you're fine

Entry 15: Zirekile Falls

Rankings: 
4/10 (First timer)
3.5/10 (Normal Player)
3/10 (2nd Playthough)

Ts4CnN2.jpg

3OTQCBd.jpg

I decide to leave him as Time Mage since Short Charge and 8 speed can dominate pretty much the entirety of CH2

Learned Skills:

Time Mage:

Short Charge: Halves CT charging of spells

Oracle:

Blind: Inflict Blind on target (AoE 1, Range 4)
Paralyze: Inflict Don't Act on target (AoE 1, Range 4)
Sleep: Inflict Sleep on target (AoE 1, Range 4)

wb09NX7.jpg

...................Should I call the police or the PETA?

8k9iAWJ.jpg

"I'm telling you this isn't the right way- huh?"

DjxjCGi.jpg
GmPZrFT.jpg

I would be surprised if I didn't know that he's an asshole thought and thought

Gv51jOE.jpg

"SHUT THE HELL UP YOU TWO!!!: I'm tired of follow everyone's wishes and neglect my own will. I'm saving that Morbol because I WANT TO, ALRIGHT!?!?!?"

BF62Fjf.jpg
gHM23kg.jpg
fNc03dM.jpg

Today's map it's quite dynamic: Gaffy dealing scary amounts of damage, Squids pilling up status effects, Priests being annoying as balls and Morbols are just a whole different level of dangerous with a AoE party wide nuke attack 

8qgwjS0.jpg
lllwgMb.jpg

First off: Oersted puts to sleep half of their team (That poor Morbol got petrified by a random proc from Delita's counter flood triggered by Gaffy's Night sword)

Q4wKuJu.jpg

Thanks god I did plan ahead of time, because otherwise I would had to deal with three confusing song, two holy and maybe a bad breath on top of that

QZX5V3b.jpg
C2X7DK8.jpg

Let's waste their turn, shall we? (This will bite me in the ass later, so keep that in check)

sy8Xw0Q.jpg
SFJ2SuW.jpg

Hasting the whole team and Airburn goes kamikaze before going down like a boss

TGbxlrN.jpg

>Delita use "If I were a boy - Beyonce"

> IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!

jUMOJYx.jpg

I.........I got nothing: She's just that DUMB

e0D1onl.jpg
hClfi86.jpg

At least she can keep Delita "lubricated" if you know what I mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (Also, Agrias stop doing that: You're getting Copyright)

FYGCSIO.jpg

I just LOVE how Gaffy decides to unceremoniously wake up, snark at us and then get back to sleep. It's just a perfect example of how I see senile people on a battlefield

WW76Qf3.jpg
a7VnCDf.jpg

So.....I stop/petrify this dude, then Othelos throw Esuna to cure Airburn's poison and hits Ovelia by mistake, who had reflect previously set by Agrias, thus bouncing off the spell all the way back at the Morbol, healing his petrify/stop

And this is why you won't see me abusing reflect

s9NnCul.jpg

Gaffy get destroyed by all the sins he carries (and a well put eclipse), but ends up escaping

KREgY3d.jpg

And thus, it all depends on this little fella over here. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

(spoiler: He doesn't make it)

FR0fDCb.jpg

Rule 34 got

IYk8wJT.jpg

I'm kinda curious now that you ask

yXxmf9c.jpg
Q5aAAcU.jpg

Ohhh Delita, you're such a charm!!!!

Overall, I like this: Status effects are quite dangerous now and being bombarded by all of them at once let's you realize how useful reflect has become (or how annoying reflect shenanigans can get further ahead). I suggest to bring someone with 8 speed so you can at least disable Gaffy since Moxie can turn anyone into a murder machine (let alone someone with geomancy)

EDIT: I kinda brain-farted at Oersted image of badassery at the start of the battle, now it's fixed

Entry 16: Random Battle #03 (Behemoth), Zaland Fort City

Rankings: 
5/10 (First timer)
4/10 (Normal Player)
2.5/10 (2nd Playthough)

UGiR5Xn.jpg

On my way into the next battle, I caught this beauty. I won't change her name because LMAO (Yes, it's a she)
68Nqwq3.jpg
tqVXrkh.jpg

Oersted goes full anime this time:

Summoner:

Moogle: Heals Hp ( AoE: 2, Proc:Reraise, Damage undead)
Titan: Earth Elemental spell (AoE: 2, if target has float --> Heals Hp, Proc: Protect)

Time Mage:

Haste 2:Accelerate CT gaining by 50% (Range 3, AoE: 2)
Float: Adds Float on target (AoE: 1, Range 4)

FTXNUz2.jpg
67kJbbD.jpg
5w7a5gC.jpg

#YOLOTactics

wyB53dg.jpg
O36aYec.jpg

IDK why we get a choice here since this is a "But thou must" situation, but hey we get to stab some dudes/dudettes

bRdF01s.jpg
BbM96TU.jpg
UwQY8tq.jpg
C9iBlRA.jpg

This place it's AWFUL: Unlike Sand Cellar you got both a height and position disadvantage, thus be prepared to be bombarded by several spells before you even reach Mustadio

PAQUisr.jpg

Not that he will survive long enough to do something................

dRkL2Qc.jpg
qz5nrH8.jpg

I kinda mind-fucked the AI: Since most of my team it's weak to confusion, the dragons decided to throw confusion song, thus putting themselves right in front of this wall, where Dusk was waiting with a nice and warm mimic daravon, while Agrias baits someone else to avoid any meddling. I love being miles ahead the enemy for once

sMXeCLh.jpg

Boco's Geomancy and +2 range kinda owns (especially with these kind of procs)

jvgWtnF.jpg

This is how I beat this chapter:

veWF9KO.jpg

Titan+ Sheer Power + Short Charge + 13 MA =

eRhnr7Z.jpg

A lot of corpses
5OQAopk.jpg

How cute, he thinks I will let him heal himself

KMVuMs1.jpg

Since you can already guess how it went, let's go back to the plot

bghM4bt.jpg

"Not that I had a choice........"

"Did you say something?"

"NOTHING!!!"

Ruxy4YS.jpg
YiVxKIX.jpg

"WOAH THERE!!! That was.............sudden"

"It's not like I don't trust you, but Titan it's right behind you and I can't stop him from break this joint unless you talk, so....................."

UkDCHia.jpg
yxREH5W.jpg
pesV4hk.jpg
gLZHpB5.jpg

And then Agrias spoils the fun

Let me say this straight: DON'T TRY TO PUSH YOUR WAY INSIDE THE CITY!!!!!!!!!!

Just react to their behavior accordingly, kill them off fast with AoE spells (Like Titan here) and forget Mustadio: his fatass was destined to get nuked since the word go, so avoid rely on him

Entry 17: Zaland Fort City 2

Rankings: 
4/10 (First timer)
3.5/10 (Normal Player)
2.5/10 (2nd Playthough)

pEKrZf9.jpg

Today's team. I'm not including Oersted's setup since he's the same as last time

DD8sqMl.jpg

Why in hell are you laying our path towards the church? I got the feeling that almost all CH2's fights are because they are using the map backwards

vz2ScIj.jpg

On this battle, we have the one simple objective: Get rid of the world most dangerous race...................

Pm43QS8m.png
8vENhs4.jpg
bs6jz6O.jpg

Yeah....... feel their wrath!!!!

NtfSfXA.jpg
SJCIrgm.jpg
uD5BxDx.jpg

Since we got the time, why not?

aBU5Fhp.jpg

This chemist here decides to try out Dance Dance Revolution, thus provoking several seizures and epilepsia on my folks

SU4M45L.jpg
rGZywTm.jpg
wvO49TM.jpg
oFEOHw1.jpg

Trying to drop out a Moogle once it's cured from petrify it's quite the ordeal: They can resist almost any status effect, so magic it's the only way to get rid of them (Poison can also deal with them since they can't heal themselves thankfully)

fv7613E.jpg

Let's burn the witch!!!

DJ1xMRS.jpg

Don't worry little creature, Agrias will release you from that pain very soon.........

Since I forgot to take more battle pics here's the resume: Hyper Beam was the MVP

AooyQhr.jpg
DIdfjCp.jpg
WvMcLpl.jpg
i9opjjb.jpg

Ovelia go to the swamp, you're drunk

UbjXQIA.jpg

"Can't someone hear people's talking about their deep secrets in peace?!?!?!"

knRF7bK.jpg

Funny fact: Since my epsxe cannot reproduce all sounds, Ovelia it's the only one making any sound at all. LOL

Overall, I feel like Zaland 2 it's supposed to be the place where you learn about special conditions: Yeah the moogles are petrified but once the're cured from it, you cannot put themn back to extinction unless you nuke them out, so better avoid dealing with them at all (easy said than done)

Sorry, my bad. Fixed

Entry 18: Random Battle #04 (Ghost), Barius Hills

Rankings: 
4.5/10 (First timer)
4/10 (Normal Player)
3.5/10 (2nd Playthough)

CJLwqfw.jpg

Since the original friendly ghost wasn't available, I just brought a cousin of him

n9i9ody.jpg
ODrLUSa.jpg
HwR69QV.jpg

The arcana it's the mean which all will be revealed...........

hC3tRsf.jpg

"We won't accept your demands: A random morbol ask us to take him along!!!!"

"..............Are you hearing yourself, Agrias?"

PiPjlkZ.jpg
d1khZAX.jpg
ylvSkRX.jpg

THIS PLACE IT'S OUTRIGHT UNFORGIVING FOR FIRST TIMERS: You will need several scouts before find out the little secret behind this fight, so please tag along and try to take notes so you can avoid as much suffering as you can

RgdQ0WM.jpg
GFfpcPv.jpg

This is by far the only heavy RNG-reliant action in this battle: Airburn can land his status effects twice, so I decided to bring him along to shut down one behemoth while Agrias makes sure to throw on him a Plume (Why Leg Aim? because if I landed petrify, the AI would prioritize healing the damn thing with Energy and I need at least one turn to set up without his meddling)

dAASLHD.jpg
ZEYgXCX.jpg
Y3DWSwo.jpg

Both demons decided to pull their attention into killing Airburn, so Xypha takes a run for it an target two foes with Stop and roll (this is the only spell that any of them cannot resist without involving Oersted). Mustadio does his job perfectly and now I just need to deal with the trees and bezekira

xTz903Q.jpg

Sadly, one Taiju decides to be a dick and remove reraise from Airburn, so Oersted waste some CP making sure that he survives Dark holy

b8os3CO.jpg
N0J0Ee7.jpg
asQOglt.jpg

Everything's going according to keikaku*

keikaku means plan

sG1DBvS.jpg
tNFp3V0.jpg

After some clean-up, Oersted begins my sinister plan of drug the blasted things with Temazepam

FT4P1am.jpg

MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!!!!!

0Gxfejo.jpg

OHHH CRAP, THAT BEHEMOTH GOT FREE OF STOP I'M SCRE-

hsm4DYG.jpg

Vj6s25G.jpg

Just................Just go back to sleep, buddy (To be fair, his friend was charging Stone Edge but still IDK why the AI expected that I wouldn't go and kill him before that happens)

jN4zg5J.jpg
IIKZVpV.jpg

Even thought I took control of this joint, Taijus are well know as annoying as fuck, so they can make a full comeback if I let them (like here for example, that hellish Behemoth was charging a three-turns Hurricane, for the love of god!!!)

dHIsA9B.jpg
Q1QV1On.jpg

Poison doing the honors

7aGePao.jpg

It seems like someone has been taking classes with Delita about being edgy and stuff

Wow, this battle surely took a tool on me: Most of my resets were cause by those Taijus healing everyone by obscene amounts of HP, thus nullifying my meager attempts of a clean run. The secret behind this place? Bring people who can cast stop and sleep: killing it is not your priority here, you must shut down 3 or 4 units before you're even think about try it because again, Taijus are on the loose. Still, I don't mind that much since once I got pass that gruesome start, everything went smooth.

Entry 19: Lionel Gate 1

Rankings: 
5/10 (First timer)
4..5/10 (Normal Player)
4/10 (2nd Playthough)

gzNSmA5.jpg

Meanwhile............

uDnC8vg.jpg
NVzQfhC.jpg

Nah dude, the only thing I got from the old man was some stinky pants

4Pg4LmN.jpg

Well, fuck you too

0Qilt3w.jpg

"BTW, I was ambush by some tentacles on my mission, it has something to do with you?"

hoJoGhC.jpg

Foreshadowing........ (Not a good one, but the thought it was counts in the end)

989uRyy.jpg
Bm8YNjo.jpg

Ramza decides to steal some booty this time

MecedDX.jpg
CLIl0Dl.jpg

Since CH2 started, this is actually the only compelling reason why I should get my hands dirty (Mustadio doesn't count: We're pursued by Bart's company because no one could say no to a morbol that just joined three battles ago)

MWtG5Et.jpg
3toctkG.jpg
WGYEeRp.jpg

Geomancers are NASTY: They can completely obliterate you and the rest of the enemies won't make reach them easier

2Xt6DYK.jpg

The damage here it's not my concerning: That petrify proc it's doubled by Serene Grace (which it's an innate of the class), so I'm facing a 60/40 chance of lose someone either by damage or the status when geomancy it's used.

9znaj0Z.jpg
1ecTLaQ.jpg

Status it's the key: especially when you have someone with 100% chance of inflicting one of these

gEfczWp.jpg

OGRRABI.jpg

gEfczWp.jpg

PLEASE, JUST DO SOMETHING!!!

G7pXwQ5.jpg

And then I just miss a 75% stop. Thanks for the tip, Musti

pCRaknE.jpg

Being hit by Titan it's this game answer to my previous LTC on Zaland 1

6IGvyii.jpg
tPI4stq.jpg
HGXVQqs.jpg
HQChgLK.jpg

This battle it's exciting, I can tell

ijgNVX9.jpg
8PDWGTt.jpg
fxdRPIk.jpg
ZyIT3Gw.jpg

But in the end, everyone's here it's a victim of the RNG (I win thought)

2utb3LY.jpg

Let's take note as Mustadio just disregard space-time continuity and teleports inside this joint to open the door

I like this one: 40% chance of shut one someone without killing it's quite horrible, so you should deal with everything outside their range and then go YOLO until they die. Just leave someone outside to heal the fallen ones and you're peachy

Entry 20: Random Battle #05 (Baatezu), Zigolis Swamp

Rankings: 
4/10 (First timer)
3.5/10 (Normal Player)
3/10 (2nd Playthough)

7dWUvYw.jpg

"Dad, I'm gonna out in search of a demon!!!"

"Sure son, have fun"

SgDFa96.jpg
1sPLiRR.jpg

This setup it's brought to you by The legend of dragoons:

Learned skills:

Dragoon:

Seal Evil: Add Petrify (Range: Weapon)
Limited Wish: Revive target with 1-20 Hp (Range:2)

Thief:

Concentrate: Physical attacks have 100% accuracy

Monk:

PA Save: +1 PA each time you receive damage

64l32cs.jpg

Why Ivalice has a fucking radioactive swamp that can potentially poison you it's beyond me

97I5vbK.jpg
GPcAWQp.jpg
WsmUKVL.jpg

Believe or not, this battle doesn't need any kind of heavy RNG manipulation to avoid shit like Ghostly Touch, just lots and lots of patience

tCBcVoP.jpg

Speaking of them: They're really won't lose any time into charging up Dark Holy to nuke out units. For some reason one of them decides to go melee

eYfc2sG.jpg

Not that I mad about it......

ODtuWrb.jpg
sQoSFqd.jpg

Since the only thing to worry about it's those flying nuisances, I better buff myself before the shitstorm comes to me

oWK6DIa.jpg

"Sorry, but my planet needs me......"

PHw2QT0.jpg
SaSsi4l.jpg

Petrifying moves are kind on the lower end when it comes to hit, but since my whole team sans Zelda can petrify at will, it's just a matter of time before getting what I want here

HPG0Hgg.jpg
bzAjMeS.jpg

And this somehow manages to miss. Sometimes I wonder if I'm playing Thracia 776 all over again

oW1zf03.jpg

*And here we have my newest exhibition of statues. I call it "When the RNG goes wrong"

7qyIOjr.jpg
8QNGtjw.jpg
kbFqTYv.jpg

Licking your way out won't happen here, buddy

7aLMdIm.jpg
SUfsthn.jpg

For those who disregard the bow gun as "useless": here it's your proof of why it exist

SxSKlRm.jpg

And down he goes. My opinion? this place it's overrated as "fucking annoying" since you don't need to move your ass to achieve any result here, just look at this "master plan":

- Wait for Ghosts to approach the team (they will, don't worry)
-Petrify the fuckers
-Lure out the flans and morbols (Ovelia would be ideal for that)
-All-out-Attack
-Profit

Yeah, you can try and hit them till they die, but that's even more dangerous since you're probably leaving a ghost in critical, which cause 90% of the time their use of Ghostly touch to avoid death so just rely on statuses and be done with it

Entry 21: Random Battle #06 (Taiju), Goug 1

Rankings: 
6/10 (First timer)
5/10 (Normal Player)
5/10 (2nd Playthough)

1mf2hNY.jpg

And here it is my last unit to fully saturate my roster of pokemons monsters. For now on, I will kick out people in favor of adding new ones

4aXXyZ4.jpg
2lNBv3E.jpg

Captain Planet it's back, and now it's packing some heat:

Learned Skills:

Mediator:

Caution: Reduce CT by 25
Mimic Daravon: Inflict Sleep on target (AoE 1, Bypass reflect)
Praise: Inflict Reraise on target

Summoner:

Teleport: The unit can move almost anywhere instantly. chances of success are reduce by 10% each step you're exceed from your maximum movement

<Wizard>

Fireball: Fire elemental (Range 5, AoE 2)

<Dragoon>

Interrupt: Cancel skill/spell charging on target (Range 4)
Leg Aim: Add Stop (Range: Weapon)
Arm Aim: Add Don't Act (Range: Weapon)

za3Jwrl.jpg

"Yes, I got some time to relax. But what should I do? Hmm.........Maybe I should hit the bar and-"

WDWBC8f.jpg

You can always take freebies when I don't update this threat, dude

CSUhrKq.jpg
AsjAzHa.jpg
NGNyLng.jpg

Gonna be honest here: This battle kicked my ass so much that I had to watch Augestein's Lp in search of ideas (Don't worry: I didn't copycat his run on this one)

GkDheaW.jpg
4QrSqiW.jpg
LhYr355.jpg

First of all: I'm shutting down as many dragoons I can while cock-blocking these two Plagues with confusion song 

Sxln3af.jpg

Arioch kinda save my bacon now and then with clutch Interrupt landing on the right moment

9H7zs00.jpg
e5L3Rhl.jpg

Aaaaaaaand this is why going all status on their hides doesn't pay off that well: Plagues have synchronize so any status inflict on them will be transferred to our units and Byblos have shed skin so they can shrug off things like poison or berserk like nothing most of the time. Of course, this doesnt mean you don't want status effect here: Trap the soul can easily shut down anyone here and they can't do anything to cure the unit hit with it and Oersted can also mined their efforts with a good Leg/Arm Aim

7xkJZTs.jpg

Did I mentioned that Byblos can die on a fire?

AY3Osb2.jpg

Dragoons are gone from the picture

1IU0Ul7.jpg
V28VG9C.jpg

Serene Grace (Doubles proc rates) can be such a beauty and a horror when it happens......

BdyExho.jpg
nj8QOui.jpg

some reflect shenanigans later and now I got to deal with Ramuh once again (for the reference, Innocent WILL fade off if you take too long to end these battles)

5rYEqKR.jpg

ONE PUNCH MAN STRIKE AGAIN!!!

6OSpMzm.jpg
w8llG8O.jpg

I'm amazed with Arioch: He missed three 80% hits IN A ROW. it doesn't help that the Byblos can end someone's life with Bio 2 if this keeps up

vfTSQGn.jpg

Thanks god the other Byblos decides to be dumb and dies from a counter magic proc

vHVQHDX.jpg
6GhIzaq.jpg

Please, I need to end this so my wounds can heal!!! (Also, DAT 20% Shield Block)

4NbRPjU.jpg

And Gasper comes back with a vengeance (Really, Ghosts are you best bet against Plagues since counter magic cripples them with Life drink reversing on undead units)

SReXkIa.jpg

Aaaaaand Done. My thoughts? It was as painful as the first time I did this whole thing (And bare in mind that on 2.29, this battle was nerfed because it was outright impossible without heavy RNG on you part). My suggestion it's to bring someone who can block the plagues since they are the most mobile units of the bunch. Dragoons are a joke since Sleep/Trap the soul can deal with them quite nicely and Byblos are bards with Black Magic so beware leaving them alone for too long.

Entry 22: Goug 2

Rankings: 
3/10 (First timer)
2.5/10 (Normal Player)
2/10 (2nd Playthough)

FK02uVu.jpg

0OPaU7L.jpg

Oersted channels it's inner comedian

Learned Skills:

Geomancer:

Flood Ball: Use Element/Status proc from User's tile (Magical Damage)
Seismic Wave: Use Element/Status proc from target's tile (Physical Damage)
Terrain Mastery: Can move around every tile without penalty

pg2z45T.jpg

"Maybe it was a bad idea to send him for some booze"

UwkyVOS.jpg

Dammit Mustadio: You had one job

XweUB78.jpg
8nufBJ7.jpg
EVCaObs.jpg

"huh........what a little bastard....."

*Throws Stone at the man*

"That's for the tip, young man. Now......."

6622xwc.jpg

This would be pretty scary if didn't just get an uber Goblin to my side

UsTIRWe.jpg
1ZyG9of.jpg
bCuZUhd.jpg

Today's battle it's kinda dull: Everything here outside of uribos can be confused/poisoned/Stopped so there is no excuse to not use Mustadio. Also, take note at this little guy over here:

HTSPt1o.jpg

fAUv5d4.jpg

#NOREGRETS

A7sLUBH.jpg

Your best way to lure out everyone here it's to use Oersted with an accessory that block any status effect so they are forced to use charged spells to take him down (Of course, all these actions should happen AFTER Mustadio get his ass out of there)

2GSbkkP.jpg
HZSnHhg.jpg

Next step: Cut their horns

HzUSo3A.jpg
YMC0zyw.jpg
LsOd07w.jpg
3eovIjw.jpg

Don't you love when the game derp that much that  ends up giving you the upper hand?

TMRKguV.jpg

Self-destruct Abuse, HOOOOO!!!!!!

MHbj6Hs.jpg

This would help you if I didnt kill you already, bud

ArGtBT9.jpg

Aaaaaand I just won this battle (For the record: These two were confused/stopped)

fdmA9to.jpg
fpmAait.jpg

This is why Oersted it's such a murder-machine: Moxie it's a skill you can get which grants you +1 MA/PA when you kill someone. It's beautiful

RcvfFdU.jpg
h8FcUki.jpg
m7Uw0w6.jpg

This Pudding somehow manages to be more annoying while confused than he is without it

SQ9meXs.jpg
ZBSEsoA.jpg
VGE8Xin.jpg

I decided to get this critter to the brink of death

aaIXGKL.jpg

Just to blow him up along half my party because #YOLO

2cNFCct.jpg

Since Oersted it's out of pokeballs, someone must hit the bench

thdlZro.jpg

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khmudXrDemU[/media]

boCDnsP.jpg
oHTpnYG.jpg
9YBecNa.jpg

"I don't wanna sound like a dick but.........WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TWO!?!?!?"

"I'm Mustadio, and this is my dad: Besrodio"

"THEN WHY DO YOU LOOK LIKE A GOBLIN!?!?!?"

"I don't know.........herpes?"

"Hmmm.....................I can live with that. Now, back to the topic"

LnJjfEM.jpg

"Why you think that?"

"Remember what happen at the church"

*Flashback*

x4TSRMO.gif
5NcJZaH.png

"Okay then: Let's me show you something"

*Put red stone on the table*

nlx1Yad.png

"it's this what troubles you?"

"Then it's true: The Zodiac Braves did exist.....Then Bart......."

Q1KHHD4.png

"it's decided then: You must bring back that stone to the church so we can protect it"

"But what if Bart's Company found it first?"

"I'm going with you: You can pay me later if you like"

"Thanks, Oersted"

"It's seems this is our cue. Thanks for everything, Oersted: Please be safe"

"I will, Agrias. Take care of Ovelia"

*End of the flashback*

"They are the only ones who could have told Bart about the whereabouts of the stone: There it's no doubt"

JHEdXP5.jpg

"The people it's tired of both monsters and monarchy: This is their big chance"

"Then......what we can do now?"

"Let's contact an old friend of mine"

And there's the end of that.

I was kind of disappoint: I was prepared for a gruesome battle and then I found up myself with a big handicap out of nowhere.......Speaking of extremely lucky. But the battle itself wouldn't be that different however: Just spam the regular dosis of status effects and you have it in the bag.

Sorry for being out of commission for a while.

Entry 23: Wargilis Port City

Rankings: 
5/10 (First timer)
4/10 (Normal Player)
2/10 (2nd Playthough)

iyATHTy.jpg

RKrfHtZ.jpg

Oersted it's going back to the black & white theme

0lFV2pU.jpg

"UGH, I can't stand being an entire day in the sea"

ympzADb.jpg
oEaZL37.jpg

That's a little harsh Delita

8wMW2h2.jpg

"You're even wanted by the Boy scouts for god sake!!!"

nOHEKtR.jpg
aIKnWZv.jpg
QDdjrsT.jpg

Today's map it's what I call: I hope you like other stuff aside of punch things to death

RvXTvdL.jpg

Oersted decides to give Delita a friendly lick to break the ice (Hey, I didn't say it was a good approach of the situation.....)

HLiQhXr.jpg

I can't take seriously this map anymore after seeing this

4fzhVmV.jpg
sjQZQzp.jpg

Since I saved my pudding to another time, I just went the other way around and buffed my party up the creek

HndbCsT.jpg

That doesn't mean this is a walk in the park however: Mr.turtle over here can nuke everything on this map fairly easy

BaLRRed.jpg

The most important thing in the whole fight it's reflect. Otherwise Hyper Beam shenanigans are in place

bktOG4q.jpg
YrFdXmT.jpg

Mimes are one if not the best thing in the world with amplify: Here I just showing you an Amplify Bad bracelet

w1KWqRA.jpg
t87qbgr.jpg

Sadly, not everything's going as I planned..........

JUBZzxL.jpg

Just a joke: I have it in the bag already

OohlXTP.jpg
4JHtSnA.jpg

even more buffing and Oersted got a thing against poor Zelda (Maybe he was expecting link?)

0dLdsUz.jpg
7z88Cj3.jpg

This is basically me playing with them like a toy

wUn6eB6.jpg
CXVKbsw.jpg

If I don't make Darvos blow off at least once when it gets deploy, the battle it's a failure in my books

AjWUyXH.jpg

Dully note here: Break skills can bypass defensive attributes from units, otherwise Genryu would have done 25 damage at best

zx2lI7E.jpg
dpNrHJm.jpg

THE DISRESPECT

iDW5R7e.jpg

Oersted finally gets what he's deserves and I cut it here just because (I forgot o take more pics) I'm lazy. I kinda feel bad for them: I just steamroll trough it, but on the other hand, given the chance I would be definitely got blow out by Hyper beam so no harm's done.

Thank you for doing this.  Would give you more +1's but I ran out of them for the day. :(