Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ronlyn

My Monster Tactics Datalog: The Misadventures of Oersted

53 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I should really stop taking my sweet time with this

Entry 24: Barius Valley

Rankings:
5/10 (First timer)
4/10 (Normal Player)
4/10 (2nd Playthough)

 

 

AQgG3Q2.jpg

I kinda hate how Oersted has been thread as "mildly annoying" up to this point, I mean we kinda kicked their butts several times by now

T3cIPLc.jpg

This is becoming more cartoonish as the time goes by

0OVylau.jpg

*Leaves*

"What the- WHY ARE YOU LEAVING ME BEHIND!?!?!"

pxsA23j.jpg

"W-What are you doing with that sword, cardinal?"

"Just cleaning up the dirt in my boots"

BxxVRBh.jpg

I would be more impact by this scene if FFXIII didn't ruined this cliche

wNkCQOC.jpg
EyWctfY.jpg

Swiggity Swooty, I'm Coming for That Booty:

Learned Skills:

Thief:

Steal Armor/Helmet/Shield/Weapon/Accessory: Self explanatory

BjR2LZF.jpg
8pHYOwn.jpg

Mulligan: I didn't put Basic skills on you!!!

qPbvW11.jpg
hL9v1od.jpg
ECPNGjg.jpg

This is basically a race against time: Disable at least half of the people out here or die

HvAY0yz.jpg
45dntry.jpg
2GSlwhH.jpg

Ehem, I'm trying to comment in this LP if you don't mind

Bd8DWHG.jpg

The only heavy-RNG reliant move I used (Charm it's VERY situational, so just use it once at the beginning and work around it)

UBPBIVI.jpg

Agrias it's in a bad spot: her sword skills do jack shit and her tankiness it's non-existent with the lack of plume, so I let her be my cheerleader

PMFekyI.jpg

Charm it's already paying off

QumS0PB.jpg

Confuse,Don't act,Stop............pick your poison

akuzUtb.jpg

How this is even possible? What, Dracula was bored and made some robots?

UVCmxyw.jpg

Kill it. Kill it with fire

uwPWm1Z.jpg
9vzisR2.jpg

For once, healing it's kinda pointless since everything can 1HKO reliably unless debuffs are into play

sjjIUC2.jpg

Also, these fuckers can haste themselves and their buddies to exponentially raise my hate towards them

6ioefoU.jpg
AWbRNER.jpg

OH, SO NOW YOU WANT TO USE ULTIMA!!!!!! (For the record, you can get Ultima while being in the squire class. Good luck trying though)

BQJCcJk.jpg
o6VHouq.jpg
g55HhTG.jpg

And thus the Adventures of Dante Von Vlad have begun

jKaUqnj.jpg

Get sniped

FJHxG2y.jpg

"You're reposted in the wrong battle, sucker!!!"

5u20s4i.jpg

You know that you suck at job when you're supposed to be a frontliner and the team rather have you as support

YF1JX8y.jpg
uMibArN.jpg

Dante Von Vlad for MVP

HBh9Rwk.jpg
zf3nvPU.jpg
y5SOESt.jpg

Emmy didn't said I couldn't made some salty rages from their tears

6ih3pMa.jpg
x1LvBPP.jpg
ybDDq2g.jpg

And down it goes. I must say: Steel Giants are designed to piss off people, so shut them, shut them in the god damn head (Ironically, Dragoons with guns are you best bet). The White Knight can also put the pain rather fast so better stop him in the act before things get hectic (being a special class he's also immune to most debuffs, so don't get cocky).

Edited by ronlyn
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't played this mod yet (how many years have to pass before I can no longer say "yet"?) but I just wanted to say: awesome stuff, ronlyn, thanks for the commentary!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entry 25: Golgorand's Execution Site

Rankings: 
7/10 (First timer)
6/10 (Normal Player)
5.5/10 (2nd Playthough)

TpcfMHK.jpg

Last time, Agrias became part of the crew, and surprisingly enough, she wasn't turn into a Moogle or something, so we have a really unique character for once (In a world where your average citizen have six tentacles or a tail of course)

CBhmXi0.jpg

Sadly, this means another monster has to hit the bench, and Helligor got the call. Sorry buddy

vJyOAET.jpg

fbQb7TM.jpg
XNnFRCX.jpg
uyOcT48.jpg

Going in expecting the worst.

Learned Skills:

<Oersted>

Priest:
Reraise: Cast reraise on target (Range 3, AoE 1)

<Agrias>

Ranger:
Bulletproof

(I'm not displaying the description of skills I have already learn with Oersted, so better check it out on early entries if you wanna know)

J3cv2qE.jpg

*mumble* 

"HOLY CRAP, AND YOU KISS YOUR MOTHER WITH THAT MOUTH!?!?!"

hmKH6lO.jpg
nIi1GOD.jpg

"Ohhhh god: it's Gafgarion, The Almighty Black Knight. Please everyone, try to not roll your eyes"

"Will you cut the crap and get to business?"

jiBDycp.jpg
AcaEIIp.jpg

Everyone's sassy here, but do they have the muscles to support their words?


THEY DO

wtRh4gz.jpg

hqSHfZU.jpg
6cGhVvi.jpg

If you despite Vanilla for make this battle a joke, please do try and play this mod now because this place can chew and spit you out rather fast: they will always get the first turn and they will hurt you like a truck, Gafgarion can only get more powerful as the time goes and you're handicapped in a 5 vs 8 match,  you better be prepared beforehand for the slaughter

bxojzqw.jpg
S6aiH6o.jpg

My approach consist on one single basic: Avoid ANY kind of sandbagging

XHU4Phw.jpg

CRAAAAWLIIIIIIIING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

g1OHNFt.jpg

I kinda regret leave Oersted as his canon zodiac since Gaffy can destroy him by blinking at him, but boy does that help with the status game

seaEMoG.jpg
BJsRs9o.jpg

IcyHot action (Sadly, the girl didn't take his sexiness that well)

k9CIcZ3.jpg
YDvg44U.jpg

Gotta keep those heals coming

AIvKlM1.jpg

When confused units do better things for you than any charmed enemy

tjJhyrs.jpg

Arioch gave "his seed"

CQGYNaH.jpg
1JAq9q0.jpg
eg2mz4i.jpg

Quick shenanigans (Props to this battle: it actually gives you a reason to use that spell)

Ydd6BPA.jpg
KrptfVS.jpg

Goddammit Pineapple: I thought we had something special

XxZAr4b.jpg

Just because of that, I'm adding your friend to my museum

BwxKjjK.jpg
hns9d4o.jpg

My heart skipped for a second there (MP damage doesn't knock out confusion/sleep/charm thankfully)

3IfWjEj.jpg
7l4qiZy.jpg

More killing and Gaffy doesn't discriminate when it comes to throw off his attacks

nBW5dWd.jpg

Sasha however, has a place in my heart now

GaOtFLU.jpg
vmcndW0.jpg
nb6M1Ma.jpg

You have to love how undead units can revive and say "peekaaboo" to their surprised victims

8EdL8Wo.jpg

The last ninja decides to toss repel boosted with amplify to Darvos, but has an unexpected death cause by Agrias Rough Skin 

UkBQVpm.jpg

"Your brother, Dycedarg said he'd forgive you! Come on, wake up!!"

"I won't be involved in wrong doings anymore: I've run from the truth long enough, and now it's time to make amends!!!"

"Then be it: Next time I will make sure my sword slice your throat.......Even if it cost my humanity!!!!!"

*leaves*

46KFToY.jpg
Xgk2cs8.jpg
ryCj67M.jpg

The self-destruct quota and CT management let us conserve Arioch

Q4xK1nc.jpg

..................................

2nemQBB.jpg

Why you do this to me, game?

utlZWKM.jpg
gJj7T0c.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand done

ChiyW4N.jpg

"But before that: Agrias I know what your heard from Gafgarion, but please try to-"

"I knew you were a Beoulve this whole time"

"But.......How?"

"Beoulves have a mark that proves their relation with the Zodiac heroes. And one night you were careless while in your sleep and I saw your left shoulder"

"Heh.......I better check my door before sleep at night then"

"Are we done here? We need to save the princess"

"Right"

Let me repeat myself once more: Be prepared for a lot of resets here. Once the battle starts, you're getting overwhelm quickly and you must prioritize who's the most threatening units for your party setup:

- Dragons with a good sandbagging potential (Fairy) and nuking power (Holy)
- Ninjas that will put down units with easy and make harder comebacks (Boomburst)
- Chocobos that are annoying because they can do both (Meteorite/Mana bomb and Wish)
- Gaffy who can potentially one shot people reliably (Geomancy and hell, even his attack can hurt like a bitch)

The saving grace its that outside of Gaffy, everything can die in two hits, so if you manage to get on your feet, they will drop down quickly

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Entry 26: Lionel Gate 2

Rankings: 
5/10 (First timer)
4.5/10 (Normal Player)
4/10 (2nd Playthough)

 

Meanwhile.....

Q49vFGE.jpg

*steps*

QFiqfBh.jpg
xlqXTF5.jpg

Damn, and here I thought I was a dick

npDLZZF.jpg
oJ66VdK.jpg
vHhVJii.jpg

In short: The real princess just happen to be part of my roster now (She's still more useful than Algus)

"So.......you want to kill me?"

WNgRYGW.jpg

"I hope that pride of yours can get you far enough because once Larg put his hands on you, you're dead"

"........."

r9tk5EI.jpg
NHl5Q9k.jpg

This would be more powerful if Delita didn't stare at her like some lost child

Ae99pFC.jpg
js3AYpn.jpg
I2AmqoC.jpg

Agrias will do some heavy lifting and Oersted it's just his usual self

Learned skills:

<Agrias>

Thief:

Concentrate
Static: Inflict Don't act and Slow on attacker when the unit receive damage 

vmovyo4.jpg
6ZINb0j.jpg
3x4clU0.jpg

Getting surrounded out of nowhere it's basically CH2's motto at this point

XMeqCbb.jpg
5bjfCHz.jpg
ucoqBr0.jpg

These enemies scream "Fill me up with status effects" and I can only do but comply their needs

kLNLntU.jpg

Thanks for the tip, man

dLT6f3X.jpg
5ZtnFMH.jpg

Oersted cockblock Gaffy while Agrias finally gets to do some busting

l0G1IEi.jpg
aShaOLK.jpg

Both expected and unexpected things are going on 

pi8lN5J.jpg

until Antigone goes Jihad on our asses (Agrias getting extra crisped by a well put fart by his friend)

VobZra0.jpg
7U5JNsm.jpg

#BloodSwordIt'sTheBestSword

M5we3TX.jpg

For some reason, once I get this Goblin on critical, he decides to spam accumulate while hiding for me. Not that I'm complaining, mind you

ELU3SMz.jpg

Gaffy finally gets rid of dont act and it's coming for us 

n4vXyuy.jpg

But who cares about that: FREE LOOT!!!

XfbU4wP.jpg
ynRhLgO.jpg
ZGGGLGe.jpg

Despite being quite fast and mobile, Gaffy tends to beeline toward the highest MP unit with Ignite, so I bait him with Genryu, keep him lock out with Stop & roll/Arm aim and finally hit it till it dies. Just simple as that

FnQGalh.jpg
YX1KdA0.jpg
vvU4Tyr.jpg

And dead he is

g3pHfPK.jpg

In this picture we can appreciate Oersted talking to his past self about his recent achievements ( that or Emmy just messed up with the potraits, but who knows Amrite?)

Edited by ronlyn
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Long time no see, guys. Got some news:

 

-My internet sucks and I think we all know that by this point, so I will have some troubles assembly these updates for the time being

- On the other side,I will upload a shit-ton of entries when possible until I solve this

 

With that explain, let me put this and see you guys on Monday

 

Entry 27: Queklain

Rankings: 
5/10 (First timer)
4/10 (Normal Player)
4/10 (2nd Playthough)

Spoiler

yYZnlAX.jpg
Y2Hygc6.jpg
vpKNGK5.jpg
hznrLg6.jpg

Your average bad/good cop duo

GxG5NTl.jpg

Party setup

SuR8inp.jpg
JGlk7oO.jpg
jLDjnL7.jpg

The abomination in blood and flesh (literally)

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

Edit: I'm posting some images and comments of this boss later down the road

Edited by ronlyn
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww no commentary on the video. :(  Only minor thing I noticed is you didn't seem to clear cursed or realize what it did (since you tried buffing cursed units a few times).  Cursed grants immunity to positive effects (does not include Faith, Reflect; or anything innate to the unit since that can't be cleared), and turns your characters black.  Heal Bell, Prayer, Energy, Holy Water can cure it. :) Queklain is also vulnerable to cursed, but it's not 100% necessary to curse him since he can't buff himself.  I frequently do it as a safety if I have support units vulnerable to confusion.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-3 at 5:55 PM, Emmy said:

Aww no commentary on the video. :(  Only minor thing I noticed is you didn't seem to clear cursed or realize what it did (since you tried buffing cursed units a few times).  Cursed grants immunity to positive effects (does not include Faith, Reflect; or anything innate to the unit since that can't be cleared), and turns your characters black.  Heal Bell, Prayer, Energy, Holy Water can cure it. :) Queklain is also vulnerable to cursed, but it's not 100% necessary to curse him since he can't buff himself.  I frequently do it as a safety if I have support units vulnerable to confusion.

I just had a mind fart with curse xD

And no commentary because of the lack of microphone. I maybe do something about it later down the line if things goes smooth

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interlude: Review and Analysis of CH1

First of all: Sorry for the lack of updates lately, things are getting rough around here and I got absorbed between those problems. I will try to not leave this place again. Promise (And even if I do, you can expect something big happen).

 

But enough chit-chat: Let us start

 

What's the concept behind CH2?

"Removing the training wheels of CH1"

By the start of CH2 you must be thinking: "Yeah I get it, monsters are awesome and they are way more competent than humans at the time. But does that mean that we got yet ANOTHER game to break through?

The answer? NO, and you might need a chair and popcorn because this wild ride just got on the road: Not only you have to face brand new challenges like Goug 1 and Lionel gate 1, your options were stepped up by miles and catch up it's in order to keep things going (Remember your nice and useful monsters back at CH1? They have evolve into shiny new veterans who have SIXTEEN whole skills to choose from). Ramza also gets to unlock new jobs and synergy those along your monster family it's a must to succeed in this world

One of the complains most people share it's that monsters are basically more versatile that humans and the why it's clearly visible: 2/3 of the monsters have a healing/revive move and unlike humans, they have either the stats or innates to make them worth a damn without some serious dedication equipment-wise in Ramza's case. This one have a reason at the very least: If we look closely to vanilla, most "options" were either useless or outright eclipsed by high tier stuff like hamedo/abbadon, so I cannot complain about  

Speaking of humans.......

 

"I want to guarantee they're capable of doing something when player has control over them"

Algus and Delita weren't a novelty of CH1 that disappear as soon you hit CH2: In an awesome move from Emmy, she decides to break the mold (heh) and noe guests units are now playable all across the way and they can potentially save you out several times when you are in need (mostly because now you can control them, thus avoid silly stuff like Delita hitting something and getting nuke by flare star).

Mind you, they never replace your main roster but they can provide a new meat shield or another damage dealer at least (Also, the fact they no longer fill a slot in the team roster is very appreciated: You will get it when you're half an hour sitting in front of your screen, trying to decide who should be kick out in order to receive a shiny new monster)

 

Since the player has more options, what do you expect from them when it comes to deal with a story battle?

"I don't expect them to know all the exploits inside the game. I do expect them however to get a hold of monsters movesets/innates, what said abilities does and how the enemy interact with them"

 For me, the word that describes the entirety of CH2 it's "Experiment": You can blaze through like a mad man and be in front of endgame in less than a week or so or go inside a bar and do some sidequests/trials. You can completely change your whole team and craft new strategies or just stick with your old buddies and still be able to do some neat stuff. Hell, you can even ignore the job tree and deal with whatever class you have or take your time and unlock every single class out there and you still be able to clear this game with little to no issue (You will be forced to repeat battles yeah, but it would a small amout if you care to pay attention and think what you need to succeed)

Of course, you can completely ignore all this rant, just recreate what me or Augestein's lp does or even more painful, save-state your way inside and battle and be done with it, but that would bring the question: Why bother playing in the first place? This is a TACTICAL game and some brain are needed now and then.

 

"Zodiac bosses appear alone"

SO, you prepared your team go inside to face Queklain in a epic battle............just to get intermediately overwhelm by his sheer power and intelligence. Unlike other enemies, Zodiac bosses are basically a glimpse of the player's own tactics and one must be careful because there's no real way to shut them down. 

A good example: Queklain can use Bio and nuke the shit out of you, and you decided to silence him. The battle's over? Haha......no: He will intermediately switch to his far more dangerous move that can confuse 100% of the time and with no charge time. Most of the time, you're the one in disadvantage just because he can potentially end your run rather cleverly and you not only have to worry about surviving but also doing some damage in order to get pass him.

But ohh boy when you defeat it: You fell at the top of your game and wants more.......Emmy I gave you a thumb up just because how funny a rather difficult boss can be when things are done right by both the player and the AI. I wish SOMEONE would take some notes about this (glares at 1.3)    

4.4/10 (First timer)
3.7/10 (Normal Player)
3.2/10 (2nd Playthough)

Ch 2 Average: 3.8

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entry 28: Goland Coal City

Rankings: 
5/10 (First timer)
4.5/10 (Normal Player)
4/10 (2nd Playthough)

Plot

Spoiler

EyJKAbw.jpg

So.....you know who these dudes are? Because I'm pretty sure the game doesn't give a fuck about telling us

DLpvDVY.jpg

"Who's the one giving you orders"

"........My life will be spare if I do?"

"that would depend: if your words are to be trusted, you have nothing to fear"

".........That man"

VtlPjMC.jpg
w5xXJH1.jpg

So.....the dude like his tentacles,huh?


QU58O4A.jpg

And then he dies by being high five'd waaaaay too hard, thus starting this cutscene:

ZYThCaz.png
da7S86J.png
XOHT8PM.png
FwTGXu2.png

Looks nice? that's because it's a cutscene, but in reality this whole plotdump can be summarized as:

"The queen got herself into jail because being a slut it's kinda ilegal in Ivalice, while Ovelia takes the throne because that's how it works (or at least Game of Thrones tries to shoehorn). Oersted's older bro decides that he also wants the throne, so he starts a war to "save" the queen (aka murder her ass off-screen) and take the wheel, thus the subtitle of this whole clusterfuck of a game"

Back to the plot.........

rZ51uc1.jpg

We're all the way back at the League of Evil headquarters. I could also try to be interested on this exposition, but Orlandu does his damn job and actually condese this whole situation in one screenshot:

dbcRYmU.jpg

4u4ZoFt.jpg

Moving on................................(BTW, CH3 HYPE!!!!!)

yudFIYt.jpg
3xRHvrv.jpg
mPwqTYb.jpg

We get some news pokemons to our collection except for a byblos because fuck them: I don't dance

E8kArJr.jpg

Fortunately, this Minotaur will take his place instead, meaning than yet another one will hit the bench. And the choose one is....................................................
MtOzdUU.jpg

Silva. Whoever the hell that monster was (Really, this is like her third appearance and she was recruited waaaaaay back at CH2)

 

Gameplay coming soon...........................

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming back with some actual gameplay:

Spoiler

R4c7hPl.jpg
Rqk7xWl.jpg
vSLMMae.jpg

Oersted looks kind of weak as priest and there's a reason for that: Since I just updated my game to 3.0, both Oersted and Agrias are now pretty much growth units and until they get some lvls under the belts, they will be behind in terms of HP/MP (They're even handicapped with -100 hp and -40/50 MP at lvl 99).

Any sane man would either stick with the previous version or just start anew, but that's not the case here: I'm basically doing hard mode so wish me luck


HyXBwgZ.jpg

 

And we start off with a dragon getting bullied by a myriad of bloodthirsty monsters


AGitEhL.jpg

NO SHIT SHERLOCK

25w2FEM.jpg
SgUC8F0.jpg
DrCMZEM.jpg
VsA65dM.jpg

This map bring to us quite a few issues: Those dragons will tear you a new hole (especially the one with equipment since you won't shut him down with status aside of sleep), aboleths are in the same pack with the extra of being extremely dangerous if left alone too long and the new fairies oddparents are amazing with their ability of being both an annoying magic user and some kind of cute flying hadoken dispenser (don't ask)

Wqj6979.jpg
xay0yHG.jpg
idYcX1D.jpg

Status effect galore (And for a first the charm was actually quite lucky to land without any retry)

onRnqOH.jpg
BeoA6cf.jpg
qUtWAhS.jpg

Debuffs are next and Gasper get's to experience frozen by first hand

vu3YbEZ.jpg
68f9A9a.jpg
DJv49nf.jpg

Some killing and the faeries are my top priority now with those numbers going on

l67LfTI.jpg

STOP!!!!
F8vXksz.jpg
oVHmX5C.jpg

IT'S SPAMMING TIME!!!

MCxHv8t.jpg
jj4GPan.jpg
fFYtO8F.jpg

Musty's doing some leg work while Gasper take a sip of the poor lady for his beauty treatment

fBcfUfy.jpg
bNjzwqe.jpg
M3R0Rxd.jpg

Eye gouge actually does something good for me for once and doesn't miss

tKnA4bN.jpg
r6cKBqF.jpg
4WlMB2d.jpg

This looks like a one-sided battle but trust me: They will beat the living shit out of you the moment they get a spell out

uJaApXK.jpg

And boom goes the dragon

IeaVpR0.jpg

"Huh......Fate it's a cruel misstress"

"???"

"Don't mind me"

GdfsHy1.jpg
Qsll336.jpg

And then he proceed to handshake his.....private parts (Vanilla animations are soo fucking funny out of context)

FFPiEzY.jpg

Bye dude: Don't step on those green spots on the world map or you're up for a nasty suprise

Overall, this is just a warm welcome from the game, so treat it as such. Please do not take this one lightly: One misstep and the team will fall like flies so mindful thinking is required. You absolutely must sacrifice Olan in order to archieve anything since these enemies will get turns before you and finally, that uber dragon will be a common thing so please do tooltip everything.

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Entry 29: Zalmo 1

Rankings: 
7/10 (First timer)
6/10 (Normal Player)
4/10 (2nd Playthough)

Plot

Spoiler

MtkW2Mj.jpg

Oersted decides to visit his nerdy brother to touch a pretty sensible subject. I hope he knows what he's doing

TWPUcWC.jpg

Way to go. You must be a charm when it comes to terminal diagnostics 

ZJy1zW4.jpgzW9Gif4.jpg
2rOLJNh.jpgVlesnpQ.jpg

Dude, I think his problem has more about "understanding" than anything

LGQ6sIg.jpg

"Looks away"

"Wait, I-I'm didnt mean that.............."

"Don't get worked up: I finally know where I belong.......Out of this place"

2M3dWhu.jpg

Well.......didn't go that well, but hey, things can't possible get worse right?


OF COURSE THEY CAN 

Gameplay

Spoiler

LwHwupv.jpg
mJK6v8R.jpg

Warning: This whole battle it's about to get trivialized

Learned Skills:

Agrias:
<Chemist>
Throw Item
Plume

<Time Mage>
Daze: Damaging skills have br% chance of delaying CT by 20


Oersted:
<Priest>
Mega Cure: Proc Regen (Range 4, AoE 1)
Giga Cure: Proc Protect/Shell (Range 4, AoE 2, Unreflectable)

kQ2vMY2.jpg

...........................

j1MkWH9.jpg

"SHIT!!!!" *Falls off his ass*

"Heya Oersted!!!! Why you're on the floor?"

"Because of you frigging ninja, DON'T DO THAT!!!!"

"Pfff, what a sissy: And I was about to warn you about that strange heretic hunter"

"Yeah, Yeah just laugh at- Wait, did you say heretic hunter?"

6JbQsNG.jpg

"Alma......................WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T MENTIONED THAT IMMEDIATELY?"

"I did: You just keep looking at the landscape like some kind of retarded for like ten minutes"

"Just.....don't get killed, okay?"

4Ds2jMk.jpg
oMPUgIc.jpg
ANZJPLP.jpg
tVnSMmR.jpg

Today's map it's a genuine battle of attrition: No one over there needs to be near you to inflict lots of damage and you must disable all the lackeys (including yet another ??? unit because haha fuck you) to do anything against Zalmo. Alma it's actually quite useful so do try to keep her alive

ENPVasx.jpg
HqDsZDC.jpg

My first course of actions it's to back up and stack every single buff I have available (while learning Slow 2 from a very kind bomb )

ntfOleD.jpg

Next step comes in the form of Reia winning the entire battle by confusing Zalmo like no one's business

koDEs3y.jpg
DL3krb9.jpg

More status effects: Dusk it's the perfect bait for berserk units

fP75VHg.jpg

Reia dodges a killing blow and gets protected by the power of love (and reraise)


6RzawIs.jpg

D'aaaawwwwww, he thought he was out of it :x

Z3GIgBE.jpg

From top left to bottom right:

-Agrias gets MA debuff despite the fact that she doesn't need that

- Dusk gets caught cheating the bomb with the baatezu and shit goes down

-Red bull gives us wings......but not enough to get past the frigging dragon blocking the door

-Agrias brings a sleep sword to a fight where EVERYONE it's inmune to it, thus decides to justify her deployment by missing several circles in a row


rLE30YX.jpg

Alma gets tired of Oersted pacifist route and she gets to smack everything with her staff (with surprising results BTW). Daze also make his debut by completely shutting down Zalmo alongside slow/confuse spam

M7xx1qR.jpg

And with that I just completely shat on every single enemy. What I'm gonna do while waiting for Zalmo to get his ass off the upper wall? Well............

m8PYdyd.jpg

Look as this Tiamat manages to hit both his friends with a giant meteor...........................twice

ZQGaT7y.jpg
La6teq1.jpg

What a sore loser

ulcCvsN.jpg

When the hunter becomes the prey

ABeD8IZ.jpg

#Brothers (But really, WTF it's he's saying?)

djrRAw4.jpg
Dk5rmrP.jpg
eYOxH7x.jpg

Some kicking and healing later and Zalmo decides that we had enough and leaves, thus finish up this lame excuse of a boss

u5lwQAv.jpg

"My hair it's kind of burned and the whole church wants my head in a stick, but I'm swell"

"Why they're chasing you?"

"It's kind of convoluted but in resume: Our big brother it's kind of a dick while Zalbag needs some serious help from a doctor, Goltana wants to stop Dycedarg by taking control of this whole thing, the church's trying to get rid of both of them, the legendary zodiac stones exist and they can turn you into horrible creatures with tentacles and everyone's racist about me being just a half noble"  

"Huh. Well, about the stones bit......."

spGVRS3.jpg

"You know my conditions, brother *wink*"

dQUtShI.jpg
kCTtqPx.jpg

".........I hate when you're right: FINE, JUST TELL ME ALREADY!!!"

"It's on the Library"

ZK8gbF6.jpg

"Hmmm......."

*Grabs Alma's staff and toss it away*

"HEY!!!!!"

"Bye slowpoke"

G3tCAyK.jpg

"Alma 2 - Oersted 0"

"Shut up, Agrias"

m5iSfd5.jpg

And that's a wrap. Honestly you don't need advice outside of just spam confuse on Zalmo and berserk everyone else to avoid interference. 

 

Edited by ronlyn
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Entry 30: Outside Orbonne

Rankings:
5/10 (First timer)
3/10 (Normal Player)
2/10 (2nd Playthough)

Spoiler

nVv6r0u.jpg
pyILIhr.jpg
IOisq3J.jpg
7nY5zPf.jpg
YVRhieI.jpg

Let's assault the public Library

Learned Skills:

=Ramza=

Time Mage:
Daze*

=Agrias=

Summoner:
Carbunkle: Adds Protect/Shell/Regen/Reflect to targets
Fairy: Revives with 26% HP all targets 

3ZHNbe1.jpg

"I know you're old, but christ you're all beat up"

EpvZUEF.jpg
rPjmcsY.jpg

".........Why are you a bonewalker?"

"We demons have the ability to possess nearby bodies to avoid death and it just so happen that a certain lackey of mine died not too long after my defeat"

"Okay...that actually brings more questions than answers, but I let it slide for now"

oM5vgNv.jpg

I dont know about Oersted, but I'm dropping you like a wet rag along the old fart as soon we end here, got it?

mvEUn53.jpg
qRgeIti.jpg
7sNDOdM.jpg
W0nUYq9.jpg
tqsBk7A.jpg

Today's match is against and old friend who didnt take the ass-whooping we gave him last time that well: Queklain it's now a ghost which means healing spells will wreck his shit and we just got two healers so this will be quick

Rkyr2ZB.jpg
lkjWmRF.jpg

I haste the team, but not before getting Othelos out of his dizzyness (As gently as sticking an arrow on his eye. Alma is a caring soul, you see)

i8vwIx0.jpg
QiYyTwK.jpg
pYJdUbV.jpg

Counter flood is one of those skills that could destroy you if the AI had a pretty abusable advantage. Otherwise, is a waste of slots to me

RkkRhBt.jpg

Flare star however will twist your nipples hard

jOLzbAu.jpg
GEtPsgC.jpg
rvbZ4KM.jpg
c8F6Brl.jpg
2te8LBh.jpg

Overall, I feel that Emmy just rush this one out: I mean yes he can be annoying, but even with just Alma and Simon, he's getting rekt so hard that it's not even funny. 

Stay tuned, next entry coming right now

Edited by ronlyn
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entry 31: Book Storage 1

Rankings:
6.5/10 (First timer)
6/10 (Normal Player)
6/10 (2nd Playthough)

Spoiler

gLCN90V.jpg
ObXyjEG.jpg
F3h8f3I.jpg
CJaSTbb.jpg
BQW0Hfk.jpg

this new equipment does give you a lot of wacky strats, alright:

Learned Skills:

=Oersted=

Monk:
Repeated Fist: Bypass Defenses
Zen Headbutt: Holy elemental attack
Mind Shield: Reduces damage by 50% when your MP is at max. decreases as you lose MP (1% per 2% MP lost)

ZS9c0ka.jpg
Qciqcae.jpg

The plot is as weak as vanilla, so let's focus on the gameplay

3suyL4V.jpg
Kt5SsID.jpg
irRROpo.jpg
NEvIW3i.jpg
kanGatT.jpg
YLJTMw0.jpg
gNSAyNo.jpg
CMyqYxQ.jpg
i9UVlhX.jpg

This is a nightmare: These bodybuilders over here can tank physical hits while also blocking regular spells via reflect, so better get creative. Taijus are there to patch up, squids to fill you with status effects and the chocobo is a running gag at this point

atY4K1Q.jpg

The chocobo starts strong by going straight into my team, just to get inmediately stopped by Oersted

97hb7tQ.jpg
00ZVPH5.jpg

 OH GAWD: Those things are using steroids!!!

UQHi54F.jpg

That's how I like my squid: extra crispy

ehcKpqG.jpg
PZzrkYa.jpg
cM1ZC1r.jpg

The team get haste just before everyone begin drop out like dorito and flies. 

Bc1TdCG.jpg
Ba8gCnD.jpg
HGh7Bam.jpg
h2w7ojY.jpg

I move Agrias into the aqua rake directed to my tiamat in order to heal her while at the same time revive the poor thing after the smack. However, I used Darvos with Merton to heal him beforehand, thus everything gets cancel out in the end

WM9iQ2T.jpg
6jWp3Od.jpg
PVSPw29.jpg
VZi4ZWY.jpg

another one bites the concrete and I exploid the Ogre's apocalypse because Darvos was meant to die anyways. You see: Apocalypse serves as Flare star except that is basically a AoE lifebreak that strike both parties, thus making units with it into quite a pain in the ass....except that you can move your cards and actually swipe down everything in your path, including said enemies

ehhoMOI.jpg
9fJp7Aj.jpg
bZ4m6KU.jpg

Like so

0fIiYof.jpg

The chocobo finally gets free from the status

Cx0sqwq.jpg

But unfortunately, Oersted is a prick and he gets stoned

R2gw90Z.jpg
YdNF4J6.jpg

Let the games begin.......

nKjFpRx.jpg
4uRu8cj.jpg

A good option to put these killjoys down is someone on critical hp with Endeavor and another unit following up with anything (except earth attacks)

ejiLCia.jpg
odj6kE3.jpg
nf4xHIY.jpg
srRem8j.jpg

Some time passes and Tauroneo decides to bring another for the ride

zD2qdBD.jpg

SHIT!!! He shrug an arrow to the face. Guess we have to use plan B

PMAW1eD.jpg
fFQoyly.jpg
cUOGsHz.jpg

Also know as: BLOW THEM AWAY!!!!

PsEJ5Qf.jpg

Is he searching the stones or he loves the horoscope that much? Find out next time!!!!

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Entry 32: Izlude

Rankings:
7/10 (First timer)
5/10 (Normal Player)
5/10 (2nd Playthough)

Spoiler

pxqTMaH.jpg
qJf7CxB.jpg

Is has been a long time since Oersted did some magic tricks:

Learned skills:

=Agrias=

<Ranger>
Voracity: Heals 1/4 of damage deal on the target (In case of several target inside an AoE attack, just the one mear the center of the attack will trigger the passive)

Ro3kIkR.jpg
bMvEl3d.jpg
vreTjwg.jpg

"No, you!!!"

"No, you!!!"

"No, you!!!"

"No, you!!!"

"No, you!!!"

"You know what? fuck it, let's bust some balls people"

NOTUPKg.jpg
hSLXqJd.jpg
cEmpLuC.jpg

This map is my favorite in this chain of battles since the enemies will come at you per waves and you don't want them to gang bang your units without lube. The goblins will reach you first so they must be deal with ASAP, then Izlude will reach up and cause havoc across the board to finally let those pesky mimes do the cleaning. What makes this into a time race is those new enemies over there, which I will detail shortly

JnD521j.jpg

The bird itself is actually quite easy to deal with, but annoying if left alone too long (as every single chocobo)

Ze7r5vE.jpg
UZJM0e1.jpg

Mustadio decides to use eye gouge to avoid unnecessary pain in the future while Agrias just turn on her tankiness 

w6rKB62.jpg

lGhcyGU.jpg

Damn, Oerstsed has been hitting the library: Just look at those numbers

XioB75k.jpg

5nphRGG.jpg
HVchio1.jpg
hB9un5S.jpg

Reraise comes in and now you can guess those Movers true objective: Those are here to buff the loving shit of the enemy forces and unlike most battles, we have essentially FOUR enemies doing PA boosting every turn so status effects are a go here

7UdgYVa.jpg
Pnkr1j5.jpg
pTb5vpW.jpg
z4mwqda.jpg

Berserk an Confusion are the best candidates to get some breath in this messy place: While you're not disabling the enemy, you are cutting out their ability to escape your attacks, thus rendering this battle as a simple test of "How much you know about sandbagging?"

yqr5esz.jpg
jkmNXeZ.jpg

And really do try to bring someone with reraise because each one of them will essentially become one punch man (Also, lulz at that glitch over there)

iDfKEij.jpg
tLanspF.jpg
HU77LQE.jpg

Here I come to realize that Murglis would rather been replaced by Dusk since outside of Divine intervention he's just there and of course Dusk would tear them apart with foul play (uses enemy's PA to calculate damage). But hey, live and learn to immediately forget the second you hit tv

CMc20D0.jpg

64jrDQD.jpg

Agrias sure knows her priorities

HzEXklU.jpg
yEUXscq.jpg

Izlude tries to save his friend from robbery by murder her ass out of cold blood. What a nice guy

ulpdf1P.jpg

And he got AIDS from it!!!!

EvVOoxg.jpg
bozuTvL.jpg

Izlude is finally all alone (Movers you say? Well those are cheering from afar I guess)

BSGgCYl.jpg

God knows I needed that berserk to land of him because otherwise he would delete the party by just looking at it

x58Jlvq.jpg

"(Insert speech about noble blood and power here)"

k7Rg8uN.jpg

Excuse me? Your dad only signed the peace treatment, so stop pulling shit out of your ass

0nQgUCR.jpg
QTRpyt1.jpg

Because you see: Ajora's ideal world is one where most of his citizens are horrible abominations of nature and furries/tentacle rape is a common thing everyday

QzlklSA.jpg

Well, I cannot say he's lying: We just dropped like half his army coming this way

D0rQNHH.jpg
e9vNX0z.jpg

IDK you guys, but I would totally trust the guy who use apostrophes in a compromising response

GYTa4DH.jpg
ZlNk9gR.jpg

Some burns later.............

oInHdeI.jpg
IcIlkpF.jpg

"You left behind those creeping things"  

"Hey handsome: What me to show you a special dance?"

Will Oersted escape this new predicament? Find out next time!!!

Edited by ronlyn
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entry 33: Wiegraf 2

Rankings:
5/10 (First timer)
4/10 (Normal Player)
3/10 (2nd Playthough)

Spoiler

cb2JR4g.jpg
xNzvlaF.jpg

I'm trying to unlock the advanced classes now. How to do that is an excellent question though

EcG2sdU.jpg

"Crap!!! that was too close. Those fuckers were about to touch my-"

"We met again my swore enemy. You must be wondering why I'm here now"

oax7Pwz.jpg

"I'm Wiegraf"

".................."

"Ex-Leader of the Death Corps"

"................."

"I almost choke you to death!!!!"

"................."

"...............I'm Miluda's brother"

"Ohhhhhh, now I remember. So.......are you here for revenge?"

we63cXb.jpg

Y7NCE9c.jpg
LYEMDhK.jpg

This is basically the same as CH1 except that you must kill everything. Minotaurs will confuse/berserk your dudes with their clubs, Behemoths are glass cannons, that squid is there because Emmy needed another enemy and finally Wiegraf will destroy anything that it touch if he care to use sword skills

8KbYO9m.jpg
VNKKkOm.jpg

Those losers decide to read while fighting, thus falling into sleep

0zrtOFe.jpg

Dang, I hope he doesn't do anything horrible like praise on Wiegraf

B9w4pA6.jpg
xNziYI2.jpg

Did you know that Sacred boost also affects Auto-poyion, thus making it a Full heal per activation. #NerfGreninja

Y7yEGgH.jpg
00qdvRS.jpg

I like how unfair can be a Morbol when attacked by counter with effect spore

0bnunQu.jpg

Moxie will tear apart my whole team if I don't think of something

A69HjiU.jpg

That or Bad bracelet could win the whole fight for me. That works too

9ozluKc.jpg
wdEf2Q9.jpg

And with Wiegraf KO, I get creative and give each of his henchmen a fitting death:

hYWnAcb.jpg

Xena hits the floor after inhaling Ovelia's farts (I knew it was a good move to gave her potluck and eggs this morning)

r1jslJO.jpg

Meanwhile, Alexis and Mestrole get stoned and transfer to my museum 

VhlZ5bp.jpg

Next up we have Ortia, who got healed so hard that it went all the way around and kill her
IIhmAeq.jpg

Finally: Oersted decides to read Twilight, which cause a severe aneurysm to poor Eratoss. That's fucked up, man

NHjsglJ.jpg

And down he goes.

zhbOVqV.jpg
w0FmNzj.jpg

Darn it, they got Alma!!! Although, we know for a fact that both Simon and Alma are so useless that they would immediately give themselves out despite the fact one is a sturdy Morbol and the other a Beoulve (renember guys: women are worthless until 2000 onwards. Agrias got lucky I guess)

3lB3yoz.jpg
mhoQ39C.jpg

Well, that's some mindfreak shit going on there

sSqAuK7.jpg

"Why....would you help......a commoner like me?"

zaQL25a.jpg

Ha116Qc.jpg
egg2LAj.jpg

PAAnoVg.jpg

Hey, you got something in your.......jaw?

we4YhSK.jpg

After several minutes, Oersted finally overcome his plot contrivance syndrome and draw his sword
qj2pblD.jpg
4h1nGVv.jpg

Good going there, buddy: Now we have an oversized goat (Who can talk BTW) hurling around the world trying to sink into a era of despair. This can only end well, folks

cutting out the plot for next time. Don't worry, it won't be long before that (I hope)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Entry 34: Dorter 3

Rankings:
5.7/10 (First timer)
4.5/10 (Normal Player)
4/10 (2nd Playthough)

Plot:

Spoiler

qh6llYa.jpg

Last time, our hero did his best at being completely useless and stare as a horrendous sheep demon left the scene

5QpgHs3.jpg

"Ugg...I shouldn't have run so fast..."

lF0qzBq.jpg
FKsJH3l.jpg

"So...let me see if I got this: You left Alma all alone and she was kidnap just because you was in hot pursuit of a frigging book!?"

ozRwzP2.jpg

"Must....avoid...urge...to...kill...dumb....priest!!!"
1O1VtIA.jpg

And thus, Simon proceed to take the longest nap in existence

eAWqZoM.jpg

I would normally completely gloss over this book, but since I just decided to change the whole thing in favor of a decent narrative, I'm showing off this whole cutscene:

> Glosary:

> Oersted

> Legend of the Brave Zodiacs

> Germonik

> Simon

 

     I picked up the book that Simon gave me before his demise and flipped through the pages.

     The text was in an ancient holy script with drawings in place. It was damaged and hard to read.

aMKIO7D.jpg

     Then, I saw some words in a language I recognized. Somebody had written some notes in the "Ikoku language". Who could have done it?

     Judging from the ink, the older notes have several decades. But the newer ones were from days ago with the ink yet to dry. I realized Simon had been slowly translating this book over the years.

Oersted: Master of basic deduction

      ...I tried reading them by referring to his partial notes.

      It says: this is written by a follower of St. Ajora, Germonik...

      Then, it came to me: Germonik was the disciple who betrayed St. Ajora by selling him to the Yudora Empire!

Add some hearts and exclamation marks and you have every single fangirl in a fandom ever

      Calming myself, I turned the pages. Then, I found something more amazing than the historical legacy in my hands.

      I thought Germonik compiled St. Ajora's words in this book…But I was wrong: Is a record of St. Ajora's activities…But not the St. Ajora we know but Ajora as a human like us

You're on a roll with those deduction skills, eh Oersted?

      It was the golden age, when many airships flew all over the sky...

      The day his legend was born in Bervenia of Lesalia, he stood up, walked to the well  and said: “Calamity will come from this well soon. We must seal it so people don't drink the water”

      Days later, a plague swept over Bervenia and everyone who drank the tainted water died...Except for one family who believed him. Since then, people called him “Child of God”.

      When St. Ajora turned 20, he became a “Savior” and was sent to Heaven.

Because when the local jackass tell you something and it becomes true, you automatically turn him into an eminence. What a exploitable reasonable system they have

      A legend since the times of Yore was present at the time:

      Long before Ivalice was united, it was divided into 7 small kingdoms: Zeltennia, Fovoham, Lionel, Limberry, Lesalia, Gallione, Murond.

      As the kingdoms continued to increase their territories, the wars continued.

      In the several hundred years of war, an ambitious young king was born in Murond. Though he led an army large enough to cover the whole land, the way to victory was long and hard.

      Using a secret method from an ancient book, the king tried to summon an evil spirit to use its power…But the king was killed and the spirit tried to destroy the world.

      When all was lost, twelve followers of god, carrying sacred stones, joined forces to defeat the malevolent one and send it back to Hades...

      They were called “Zodiac Braves”: A group of holy warriors who would appear when the world’s crumbles, save it and disappear into the heavens

So in resume: The local madman decides to summon a demon for shit and giggles, unsurprisingly gets killed because YOLO, everyone's screw, twelve nobody with some colored rocks appear, then killed the beast by throwing stones at it, THE END. 

.......Doesn't sounds that amazing now  :calmguy:

      When St. Ajora was alive, the same story occurs: The King of Limberry summoned an evil spirit to take over Ivalice. The world once again fell into crisis.

      St. Ajora gathered 12 Holy Stones, and just like the legend, formed the Zodiac Braves and killed the evil one.

      But “Heroes” are always a nuisance to rulers of a country...

Why? Because they are way too devoid of evil to understand that every government/royalty is corrupted? 

      The Yudora Empire was afraid of Ajora who was gaining power, who announced the arrival of God's kingdom.

      Yudora’s King sent troops against his sects while The priests of Fara, the largest sect then, caught and executed him at Golgorand Execution Grounds after Germonik                                                   told of his whereabouts for money.

Germonik knows where the money is

      But St. Ajora was a “Child of God” and the priests were smitten by an angry God who drowned their congregation along the whole Kingdom of Murond into the seas…

I starting to get a feeling that EVERYTHING that happen on the land is attributed to god somehow.....

"Dad, our house is getting burned by a lighting!!!"

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT: YOU HAD THE SEX BEFORE MARRY SOMEONE!!!"

      And that's all I know. All anyone in Ikoku knows of the “Myth” of St. Ajora.

      I'm not a true believer in Glabados like Zalbag, but I believed that St. Ajora was a “Child of God” sent from Heaven to save this troubled world...until I read this book...

      The St. Ajora in the “Germonik Scriptures” was a totally different person...

      Ajora was not a 'Child of God', but a human just like us…An ambitious, revolutionary individual who fought to fulfill his dreams.

2r1EnoS.png

      Moreover, he loved peace and was not a  hero who risked his life for others.

      This is what Germonik wrote...

      “As founder of an advanced new religion, Ajora is a threat to the Empire. But Ajora has another side to him other than being a priest.

       He’s a spy who entered enemy territory, agitating the waters and gaining information.”

      “The empire, seeing this looming threat, sought my services to find proofs that Ajora was a spy.”

      “Ajora is trying to revive the Zodiac Braves and here are the stones to prove it…But, what does all that have to do with reformation?”

      “I don't know if young King Limberry really summoned an evil spirit. At least nothing is written about it.”

      “However, it is a fact that Murond met with a natural disaster and sunk into the sea at  the time of Ajora’s demise.”

So Germonik did an shitastic job trying to find out what the hell Ajora was scheming and yet they pay him up. Worst contractors ever

       This is where Simon's notes were most interesting…They appeared to be his personal opinion:

      "Despite rumors of its existence, no one ever saw the “Germonik Scriptures”. I don't know whether the book tells the truth or fabricates Ajora's great achievements..."

Spoiler

This is all rubbish

      "When I was a heresy examiner for the church, many examiners felt afraid to show people the book…Maybe because everything the book said was true."

Or because you stole an important document and tried to exposed it to the world without any kind of confirmation of what it says

      "After Ajora's death, the church had to unite St. Ajora with God making him divine.   To do that, unsuitable facts had to be deleted from history so Ajora could become “Child of God”

      “They were wise to use the Zodiac Brave story, widely believed in Ikoku. It was easy for people to believe the Zodiac Braves, led by St. Ajora, killed an imaginary evil spirit.”

      “When I read this book I lost my faith…But I'm not sad because inspired me to search for the truth.”

Simon: Non-believer but still assists the church every Sunday

      “At the same time, I'm guilty for not bring this to the public, even though I knew the  church was conducting a farce…”

      “Why? Because if I told about the book, they would take the library away from me.”

      “It would have been devastating if the library was taken away from me because it satisfied my thirst for knowledge.”

     “I guess…My curiosity got the best of me.”

WOW.....those porn mags must be really kinky if he didnt leave the whole building even if it was on fire. I hope SOMEONE doesn't suffer that kind of fate

      Simon spoke of “An imaginary evil”. But I sensed a scheme by someone other than the High Priest, after seeing the berserk power of the Holy Stones.

      I must put an end to this whole charade….But how?

I left that one on you: I'm gonna sleep. Night

Gameplay coming soon

Edited by ronlyn
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gameplay:

Spoiler

3ZD82lv.jpg
Ul0wAam.jpg

On my way to the advance classes

Learned Skills:

=Oersted=

<Thief>
Steal Heart: Adds Charm to target

=Agrias=

<Holy Knight>
Holy Explosion: Linear AoE Holy elemental attack (Proc: Blood Suck...I don't know either)

JjKGzy6.jpg

"You can have it"

"And you better not- Wait, are you giving me the deal?"

"Yup, just helping a bro"

"Well, this went pretty smoo-............Why you gave me a porn magazine?"

"Ohhhh......So you didn't came for that?"

"No, I just wanted that old and busted book you just got earlier......."

"................."

"...............Carry on..."

elwUp10.jpg
4foeUPH.jpg

Let's mosey

ayCUATS.jpg
kLHEQvv.jpg

I just have one comment to resume my whole experience here *ahem*..........FUCK.THOSE.SUCCUBUS: Even though two Goblins and a Black tiamat (Racists.....Racists everywhere) are on the loose, these bitches will ruin the party rather soon with their nigh-impossible to avoid AoE Charm, and even if you don't deal with that, they are a pain to dispose of since they have mp switch. Dispose of them at once

YyJC6uh.jpg
qt4HDlz.jpg

Oersted performs a song so horrible that Agrias went to watch Twilight ti get it out of her mind

dHRaoaZ.jpg
FIKfbBx.jpg
0MSq0ee.jpg

Then Malak goes and dispose himself out by a rather cartoonish double flar star from Zelda herself 

vZ1vZAE.jpg
BQaTuI9.jpg
K3HWLSI.jpg

Moxie + Tail Glow: a nasty surprise to anything dumb enough to attack the poor thing

oTSXSR7.jpg
cSZfA5N.jpg

Boco goes for the kill while Oersted choose a painful death by food poisoning on poor Teteus

YovZ7ma.jpg

Way over the top explosion!!!!

r7nb6u9.jpg

AAAAAAAAAnd now I look silly

9fp3kZB.jpg

Since Agrias is the only one inmune to DAT ASS, she gets the final blow

Dcss01s.jpg

"Or we could just wait for them to come since is obviously a trap"

"AS I SAID AGRIAS: We don't have a choice but jump straight into it"

.................Can someone tell me why he's the leader again?

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entry 35: Lesalia 2

Rankings:
6/10 (First timer)
5/10 (Normal Player)
4/10 (2nd Playthough)

 

Spoiler

0GMhjSH.jpg
mQ3tcHJ.jpg

Last time, Oersted and Co. decided to go YOLO and run straight into a trap because plot. In the meanwhile, Delita and Ovelia had been doing their own sub-plot

eMRW5vO.jpg

"Want me to give you some love? Or perhaps you're up to some action with my little friends here?"
7113Jip.jpg

r8FoZjT.jpg

Someone got a little salty here

jdGP2uM.jpg

"I was born to be just a token...A war trophy who would be entrusted to the most powerful. I even wonder if my real parents wanted me..." 

wcJE72w.jpg

"So...I am half-squid?"

"NOT THAT, YOU DUMB BROAD!!!"

9aoiHzw.jpg
fEYynpd.jpg

Said every single vice-president ever

XkoxmFT.jpg
2PYcmLo.jpg
gKk53Bn.jpg

XvPwCZH.jpg

Awkward hug ensues and so our first and only lovebirds are born 

6pthpeM.jpg

I took a little longer than usual just because I wanted to all my monsters to catch up. And as you cans see you can grab some broken stuff right of the bat at randoms. I didnt grab any of those

Y7bc1T2.jpg

I did however, took this little fella over here to replace Murglis just because the poor jelly was a filler at this point
0vvo3Xp.jpg

zXigckl.jpg

Oersted and Agrias coming back showcasing some new classes here:

Learned Skills:

=Agrias=

<Monk>
Chakra
Mind Shield
Stigma Magic

<Dragoon>
Seal Evil
Leg Aim
Arm Aim
Blind 2
Chainsaw

<Samurai>
Asura: Fire elemental attack (AoE 2, Vertical 3)
Bizen Boat: Dark elemental attack (AoE 2, Vertical 3)
Kotetsu: Mp damage (AoE 2, Vertical 3)
Murasame: Heals Hp (AoE 2, Vertical 3)

=Oersted=

<Oracle>
Petrify
Dispel Magic

<Ninja>
Throw Bolt/Ice/Fire: Elemental attack (Range 6, blocked with bulletproof )
Coin Toss: Deals damage equal to PA
Smoke Bomb: Adds Transparent/Defend to target 


2jwcitn.jpg

BWFb5UC.jpg

I would mash together both messages or just point out Oersted being dumb once again but meh

27eUrvA.jpg

"Agrias, are you seeing them too?"

"Yup"
xGBwrd5.jpg

cDnZKQ4.jpg

QUICK: HIDE YOUR COWS!!!!
cI200nz.jpg
HelAjCe.jpg

YGvPA4L.jpg

Today's match is against Olmar's friends: Pikmins (I know is really WTF material, but just follow me on this one) . These things are pretty well know as those annoying things that are on par with chocobos in terms of sheer annoyance. Stomp them before they can actually do that


NlGwBrw.jpg
aR07Ktw.jpgOmgqZ7Q.jpg
kCMssr0.jpgpOZFv6i.jpg

Sleep,Confusion,Silence or Death Sentence. Pick one of those

j7TFGeJ.jpg

ZKf3fvP.jpg

k00dAhg.jpg

#FeedbackIstheNewSelfDestruction

vLW21ba.jpg

Red Bull: Gives you Wings!!!! (But really, dafuck are doing those guys)

0LzFdNN.jpg
oWpe8By.jpg

In general, your best bet is debuffing everything here and just kill everything one at the time

YNTiHGH.jpg
OgLxGLM.jpg
h9FBzxE.jpg
nV8N8mU.jpg

And done with the trash. Sorry for this one being so empty, but I guess they didn't even stand a chance

* The update it's all mangled up. Will be fixed tonight FIXED

Edited by ronlyn
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That fight is really cool. I'm loving all of the maps she uses now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entry 36: Grog Hill

Rankings:
6.5/10 (First timer)
6/10 (Normal Player)
6/10 (2nd Playthough)

Spoiler

Txb2Qi2.jpg
ShTubTR.jpg

Oersted and Co. decides to follow his leader stupid plan and go inside the fray for no apparent reason outside of "because plot"

Learned Skills:

=Agrias=

<Samurai>
No Guard: All abilities done or take by this unit that are subject to evasion have 100% hit

=Oersted=  

<Ninja>
Mold breaker: Ignores Reflect,Concealment,Abbandon,Runic,Wallchange,Blade Grasp and Bulletproof effects

<Oracle>
Persuade: Adds Don't Act (Single Target)
Insult: Adds Berserk (Single Target)

<Summoner>
Silf: Wind elemental (AoE 2, Adds Faith if target's absorbs Earth)

 ouawynI.jpg

Ohh look, it's a welcome party!! (Said no one ever in  RPG's)

7NeQe51.jpg
q1fiW0N.jpg

"Okay then, let's go everyone" *tries to walk away*

"W-Wait a sec!! Why you're not trying to catch us?"

"Uhh....Because I really don't know who you are and I don't care either way?"

sqrSJmD.jpg

Ehh, he's just crazy. Let's go Oer-

p9QYTYS.jpg

........WHY IN HELL ARE YOU UNINTENTIONALLY IMPLYING THAT YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH ALL THIS!?!?!?

8OAnlRh.jpg
jQ5feaw.jpg

Good going smartass: Now we have to mow our way thought these critters because you can't just shut your mouth like Agrias did like twenty or so battles ago

85MmbZC.jpg
n9b400G.jpg
V86EvL9.jpg
bFdRRH5.jpg

You should be careful here: Every single monster here is capable of revive/heal/restore all the allies on the field, so going LEEROY JENKINS on their asses will prove rather painful

xbW3FO6.jpg
NOl8IJG.jpg

For starters, those Taijus won't stop healing, meaning that Sunlight will be on the loose and any direct attack will prove to be futile in the long run. Just stick to status effects

K3HycVQ.jpg

And this is me CLEARLY following my own advice

QKBFJ45.jpg
t8p5gLe.jpg
GP0co73.jpg

Since status effects are key here, I just kit both Oersted and Agrias to be the perfect supports: Oersted being able to Sleep/Berserk anything MP free and Agrias having the touch of death via Seal evil augment with the newly bought No Guard

yhLaZEN.jpg
A4gVqlc.jpg

Mustadio and a fellow Dragon re-enact Romeo & Juliet with the expected ending

lkZzmpL.jpg

Juliet is not happy about it

RmCFOLK.jpg
QPdvM7d.jpg
Kf7zxWs.jpg

Something to noted is that despite the fact I got half their forces under Confusion/Petrify, they still got the upper hand since all they need to use is a well put esuna to fix that and both Oersted and Mustadio were currently taking a dirt nap

sfORVrU.jpg
bp9ZyON.jpg

GET SNIPE'D

Musduev.jpg
mzLpEau.jpg
CeJMVrm.jpg

I just love when the enemy just outright ignore any kind of logic and use a buff with a big AoE and Range IN FRONT OF IT'S TARGET

ru7oWVB.jpg

And thus, I won by default: Every single unit of their side is either stuck with Stop/Don't act/Sleep or Petrify for good

vA6GuD6.jpg
EhoIGGr.jpg
pBp4egq.jpg

TmO65Q0.jpg

the only thing left to do is watch as they fall like tower of cards (Also, have a look at Silf's summon boosted with Mold breaker, is completely useless against enemies who can heal dozens of HP in a second)

9D8LbpW.jpg

Even Xypha get her/his tentacles dirty 

qmTqQaw.jpg
tZeHgG4.jpg

and down they go

pMFdBDL.jpg

Don't be such a dick: At the very least they didn't have a fake death and return to get their asses kicked......THREE TIMES IN A ROW 

Will post another one tonight if the internet doesn't suck that much

Edited by ronlyn
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that Grog Hill is a 6/10 for you, I'd say that's pretty scary, because I thought that was the hardest fight in the game thus far. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course: When I intent so upload something the light goes out....... FIVE TIMES IN A ROW

On 26/9/2017 at 6:14 PM, Augestein said:

The fact that Grog Hill is a 6/10 for you, I'd say that's pretty scary, because I thought that was the hardest fight in the game thus far. 

I'm quite amazed most of CH3 has been harmless overall: Even with the experience, you're getting spanked since CH3 make a common thing parties balanced around having more than one monster as the "captain" (Meaning: You need to focus on more than one enemy to gain control of the situation at hand). This become clear as glass when you enter Grog Hill and find out a team that can completely undermine any damage done to it in two-three moves while kicking the crap out of you

Entry 37: Yardow

Rankings:
6.5/10 (First timer)
5/10 (Normal Player)
4.5/10 (2nd Playthough)

Story:

Spoiler

Last time, Oersted and pals got into a skirmish and remove them from existence just because of their insolence

SV8Q2Hg.jpg

"Oersted....you must use the pants......"

wJQkDbZ.jpg

"Ohhhh shut it you freak"

"Having troubles thinking straight, ehh?"

"hmm?"

CHKRr0T.jpg
h5zEneW.jpg

o0f5cP4.jpg

"Do I really need to answer that?"

"Touche"

LwzJB6Y.jpg
BL40UkP.jpg

"But you can, I don't know, send off assassins to butcher them and be on your merry way OR if that just proof to be hard, just call out your troop and ambush them when they try to come at you"

 "Yeah.....this whole war is inevitable"

"Just....grab this card and give it to someone callled Orlandu"

xKoixBC.jpg

"Olan.....take the card......"

"AHHHH, HOW THE HELL ARE YOU?!?"

"I'm Orlandu"

"Why are you here if you're not death?"

"Because my son needs me and I'm doing everything in my power to help"

"....That doesn't explain anything abou-"

"Just shut up and follow the script"

"I'll take it to him if you don't mind"

geFfMBV.jpg
z0nVOAc.jpg
gjD95DU.jpg

"What the-......what are you doing?!?!"

"Giving up the scriptures, why?"

"Are you drinking stinky water? How you expect to save Alma without it?"

"Yeah, because those assassins will CLEARLY hold their end of the bargain"

"And you REALLY think they won't just kill her that if you throw said book into Olan's property?"

hwsFZo2.jpg
aVSYZai.jpg
Tt5tQjY.jpg

"Master.....are you sure is a good plan to leave that rogue on the loose?"

"Nope. I'm 100% sure this won't bite me in the ass years later. Now....where I left my book?"

Gameplay:

Spoiler

BcV8vTf.jpg
TIsZjMJ.jpg

It's time to blow off some critters

Learned Skills:

=Agrias=

<Priest>
Reraise
Protect
Shell
Sacred Boost

idErVst.jpg

"That lamp didn't have a genie inside of it"

"And why did that boy scream and took it from me, huh?"

"Maybe because you fucking stole that from him!!!"

tsEqIoq.jpg
h4Esrjo.jpg

"Why are you so thickhead? He's manipulating us!!!"

RxP9HFk.jpg

(IT'S HEAVILY IMPLIED THAT HE'S BITCH SLAPPING HER)

GwHUEc1.jpg
opBAVqm.jpg

PTSlUc6.jpg

"Why do I have the feeling this will turn into ANOTHER dumb plot and I won't be able to escape from it?"

"Ohh shusssh woman, it will be fun!!!"

cnrlEnf.jpg
jxnpvSq.jpg
rIVqhLi.jpg

This is outright pitiful compare to the last battle: Those birds are annoying until you figure out both geomancy and throw are pretty effective against them, and while the other three are  juggernauts on their own, they will fall when the battle becomes six against three 

wdDZ0cV.jpg
cLkk5lG.jpg

Our first victim decides to open the battle with a failed charm, while Agrias prepares the sandbagging

t2EFM2S.jpg
hEsQBea.jpg
Zw9Kwl5.jpg

TROLOLOLOLO 

9wBKP9W.jpg

"And this is important because....."

"Nothing. I just wanted to point that out for emphasis"

 qlJhWx2.jpg

Ahhh Geomancy: When everything else fails, just use it and laugh on their faces
qKtFzhy.jpg
Dof1wig.jpg

Darvos decides to just stick into quick everything on his range (sad I know), while Arioch does his best before kicking the buck

dzsXTBc.jpg
4pw0siG.jpg
IlDDuNN.jpg

And he wasn't joking in that regard. Malak will toss himself into the fire if he sees the chance to hit multiple targets. Of course, this also means he's all alone without any supports

kis05Gu.jpg

GET SNIP-

wICOlyo.jpg
CBOQxK1.jpg

Okay. Nevermind

lVvLS8p.jpg
6m4fien.jpg

After getting confused, one of Malak subordinates decides that the best way to snap out someone is to attack him, which of course ends up in a horrible manner (props for trying though)

s7AJWzH.jpg
GQbgzaE.jpg

Agrias dies with rough skin, which would be bad if I didnt predicted that and positioned her ass on range of Rafa's Fairy spell

ynYunfv.jpg
dJpYbMh.jpg

One must wonder why they even try in the first place

iZn3CbP.jpg
YzDVo4H.jpg
xF2osGm.jpg

Unlike our last time, Malak and his goons each had his own agenda, meaning that I will delete each one without someone else coming to his help most of the time

x6wBZwA.jpg
m2ZRybL.jpg

I'm starting to change my mind about geomancy in general: This is just too insane to pass out

l6ubXwd.jpg

MONSTER HEAL!!!

BnLAkwS.jpg

Please, just stop

SF9hesO.jpg
dSrASyA.jpg

And away he goes

m2FQsC7.jpg
2u8Fj4k.jpg

Since I didnt blow up something, let me add this fine piece of work to my museum to end this

9S2bwb2.jpg
mUQpyp0.jpg

And Oersted Harem got upgraded to a human, a squid and a dragon that day. Overall, I think Malak should learn how teamwork is done: all his units are disjointed and I got the easiest of times once his birds were wasted for the count. At the very least he thrashed my for like, one turn so yay him. 

Done

Edited by ronlyn
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2017 at 5:18 AM, ronlyn said:

I'm quite amazed most of CH3 has been harmless overall: Even with the experience, you're getting spanked since CH3 make a common thing parties balanced around having more than one monster as the "captain" (Meaning: You need to focus on more than one enemy to gain control of the situation at hand). This become clear as glass when you enter Grog Hill and find out a team that can completely undermine any damage done to it in two-three moves while kicking the crap out of you

 

I suppose when you put it that way, it's just a matter of perspective for difficulty, but Grog Hill was just mean I tell you. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Augestein said:

I suppose when you put it that way, it's just a matter of perspective for difficulty, but Grog Hill was just mean I tell you. 

Ohh, you haven't see ANYTHING, sir...

"WARNING: the next cut-scenes were edited by myself and they are wildly different from vanilla. If you like your ice cream without curry, just avoid this one"

Story:

Spoiler

WBLUIVv.jpg

After escape from their persecutors, Oersted and friends are now inside a aqueduct. Never mind the fact in this era that kind of stuff didn't exist at all (And don't come off with an Ass Pull like "this a mythical land" because bathroom are anything but mythical)

aDXQ0Cb.jpg
OB0mhWe.jpg

"This is a long story. Do you wanna hear it anyways?"

"On second though, I-"

XgivG53.jpg

"Malak, why did you bring kidney again?"

"Because deal with it, or you rather prefer some nice and fresh balls?"

atRCxNg.jpg
vvGv7va.jpg

"So...you're ninjas?"

"We are a legendary clan of warrior that excels at forgotten arts that invoke the powers of nature"

"So.....you're MAGIC ninjas then?"

"We are not-Just shut up and listen"

t9PaCc7.jpg
197WalZ.jpg

"Except that you didn't achieve anything aside of discuss with your brother, get slapped for your troubles and end up with our merry group"

"You know what? Enough about talking of my life's fairs"

iplwIiy.jpg

l9QXheJ.jpg

So...Oersted just doesn't stop until justice is served? 

Spoiler

obvsQW2.png

I'll dig it

35v5VSi.jpg

Ohhh darn: Another one is falling to his charms. Quickly, we need a plot, right now

LQReiN2.jpg
fnUlWwY.jpg

"......Pfff, HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!"

"Wha.....WHAT IS SO FUNNY!?!?"

"Of all the things you can choose to send a message to the enemies to inflict them with fear and despair, you choose Renne the frog?"

"JUST HEAR WHAT I'M SAYING!!!"

"Brother, please reconsider before you do something you'll regret"

LwWctFQ.jpg

"And what is exactly you're gonna do to archive that? Blow up this place to pieces?

nUna26Z.jpg
ie9XoVs.jpg

"You just HAD to open you mouth, doesn't it?"

"keep it quiet: You're suppose to be just another unit at this point"

"hear me well: I'm getting my own guild and I will travel across this whole goddamn place"

"Yeah,yeah. Just grab the things and follow my lead"

"One day Agrias.......one day....." 

   

Edited by ronlyn
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol. A piece of me was hoping that Malak became some sort of freak frog because of this scene. But I suppose I can take it with what he is: better than Hell Knight. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0