praetarius5018

Seiken Densetsu 3 Sin of Mana - Discussion

971 posts in this topic

Holy shit, didn't expect such a huge update, this is awesome. Can I apply the new patch to play a save file from 1.050 without any problems? Since there have been spell changes to classes I'm using (namely Dervish), will the new ones replace the old or will I keep both?

Edited by Kei

1 hour ago, rpschamp said:

New mini-boss in Seashore Cave? Could this be the missing octo-boss?!

I wish...

Spoiler

3 Camillas with more HP and m.def - mainly to get the message across that physical resistance does not only apply to skippable mobs and the player should start prepping for Lugar.

Great idea on the mob-scaling patch.

That was technically only an accident :P

Because of how it is programmed, Gildervine can only have one level for its mobs for all places he can be fought (middle of the game + potential refight) which makes it impossible for me to set a good level, it'd either be OP for the first fight or pointless for the refight, so I set their level to 127 = scale to player level.

One criticism: Black Rain and Shuriken still both cost 8 MP. Please explain to me your thinking on this. I would have corrected this by bringing the Black Rain cost up; at 8 MP, it's way too powerful, especially with the element-cancelling armor. However, perhaps its utility will decrease now with your corrections to that armor in terms of absorb/reflect.

Shuriken is basically physical type earth jutsu so it needed comparable cost to that.
Black Rain... hmmm, no excuse here.

34 minutes ago, Kei said:

Can I apply the new patch to play a save file from 1.050 without any problems? Since there have been spell changes to classes I'm using (namely Dervish), will the new ones replace the old or will I keep both?

You'd keep what you have and add the new ones. Ofc limited to 12 spells total per character.

Two questions about the mob-scaling patch before I decide to apply it:

1) Is it based on the highest or lowest level of your characters? This could be important for Angela's Deathspell and other level-based magic.

2) Does it include bosses or mini-bosses as well as random enemies?

I am experiencing quite a few of crashes in Forest of Wonder as I was farming for weapon/armor seeds (snes9x)

Edited by smileless

When casting a spell (exploder) or when opening a chest the screen froze/went black, had to reset twice. After that it didn't happen anymore, so far, not sure what triggered that.

I'm sorry if someone asked this already, but will Sin of Mana patch work with Trials of Mana? (the official English Rom that was ripped from 2019, and not the fan-translated version)  I heard that Trials of Mana has better translation, so I figured I'll give that a try, but with Sin of Mana patch.  I just don't know if it'll work though.

Got a freeze on Dangaard while trying to open the menu too fast, lol. I think it was Kevin's fault cause he had Moon Saber.

Happened to me on Mispolm and Xan Bie too. Mispolm the freeze happened with a tech while on Xan Bie it happened due to a spell. Happened on mob fights as well before.

Seems it has something to do with the spell/tech animations? No clue.

Edited by smileless

Yeah it just happened again during Heath fight while casting a spell. Now I have to go all the way and fight Gorva and Heath again.

When it happened, did you have a lot of stuff going on at the screen? I thought that was what caused it for me, but if you've had it that many times it may be something else...

43 minutes ago, Kei said:

When it happened, did you have a lot of stuff going on at the screen? I thought that was what caused it for me, but if you've had it that many times it may be something else...

The enemy trying to cast, all of my characters being on cast mode or trying to use a tech.

On mispolm for example after Kevin used a lv3 tech right when the animation was about trying to finish the screen froze. On Xan Bie I think I was casting speed down during the animation it froze. On Heath I was casting Mind Up during the spell animation the game froze.

1 hour ago, smileless said:

The enemy trying to cast, all of my characters being on cast mode or trying to use a tech.

On mispolm for example after Kevin used a lv3 tech right when the animation was about trying to finish the screen froze. On Xan Bie I think I was casting speed down during the animation it froze. On Heath I was casting Mind Up during the spell animation the game froze.

I see. On my case, it froze right as the ring menu began to open while Kevin was hitting Dangaard repeatedly with Moon saber applied. That fight is also very laggy overall. I don't know if netplay had any influence though, was playing with a friend

It would be nice to know the changes that accessories  / armors and weapons have applied to them without having to dig through the read me and overall changes documents. Still can't find quite a few. I know someone made a chart for the weapons  but it's not entirely literal and I don't know how well it holds up in the newest patch. Just a request, but is it possible we could put together a more comprehensive list of said armor and weapons that have been modified?

You don't have to dig through the readme, there's an excel sheet for all the equipment and what it does

Edited by Kei

Just now, Kei said:

You don't have to dig through the readme, there's an excel sheet for all the equipment and what it does

I'm a blind man, and I appreciate all you do for me Kei. 

questions for the crash stuff:

did you use savestates or regularly reload from an ingame save?
the game has an issue with a memory leak or something similar.

what console/emulator do you play on?

any additional info you can provide?

I did use savestates, but rarely. I use fast forward also often when going to one screen to the other, when moving around sometimes or sometimes to end the animation faster.

Snes9x. 3 times the game crashed during tech/spell animations the screen froze, then there was that one time while I was farming weapon/armor seeds and opened a chest, game froze, even when I loaded the savestate the game kept crashing whwn trying to open that chest, couldn't even switch screens.

Could be due to savestates/fast forwards afterall. But during the boss fights there were no savestates used, maybe related to fast forward there, or too many spells cast at once or both.

Edited by smileless

what I was getting at with the savestates:
something (I don't know what) causes some "damage" in the SD3 RAM: fills certain regions with garbage or dead events or something.
This damage persists through savestates (or rather when you load the state you revert to the damaged state it was in back then) so at a certain point when RAM is needed for the next new event or spell animation or whatever it has none so crashes, freezes or glitches happen; in some soft cases it only deletes enemy AI.
So it is encouraged to use the ingame saves and load from them every now and then.

This isn't really new to this hack, I once managed to print the menu character sprites unto the battle screen in vanilla.

Well, I was aware of the savestate problem so I always load an ingame save when starting a session, but I did load state sometimes when wiping to the boss to get back to the action faster, and maybe since that fight had a lot of spells going on, the RAM reached its limit faster? Didn't play for more than 1 hour and a half though...

Anyway, I'll take extra caution and pay attention to see if it happens again and under which circumstances.

I been trying out this mod but duran and the king colors aren't what they suppose to be.

Duran is orange and the king is purple. Like even his hair. I download the mod, added the patch then added another patch for normal mode. Cause even if it not ultra omega hard, it still harder than the base difficulty.