praetarius5018

Seiken Densetsu 3 Sin of Mana - Discussion

971 posts in this topic

no idea, others didn't have that problem.
and the dumbest solutions I've heard for a mod problem and that allegedly worked was simply renaming the rom from .sfc to .smc - I'm so done with this with this ghost hunt...

Why does my items sometimes get reduced to x5 when I buy it up to x20? Is this an unnoticed bug or something

Edit: actually, not specifically up to x5 but I noticed some of my items are randomly reducing their quantity at some point(I still don't know what's the trigger). Not disappearing but reducing.

Edited by Rance-Sama

Sounds like it has something to do with the in-battle item limitations, but I didn't play this patch yet so no idea

damn tzenker boss fights annoying if you havent built up enought tec and she decides to cast supersonic u basically have to reset :( it  needs a nerf

Edited by Pesukarhu7
wrong spell name

Equipped your characters with either Dream Res ring from Byzel or MindStatutResist helm from Dwarf Village to get immune to Moogle, doesn't make Tzenker easier per say but at least it prevent being fucked up by Moogle. 

Edited by Nesouk

has the genova boss fight been changed? halfway trough my attacks stop connecting

Edited by Pesukarhu7

This is a glitch as far as I can tell it happens, if he receive to much hits to fast, combine with the hits his mobs receive, it seems the game just can't keep up at one point, my suggestion to avoid this would be try to space your attack, let the game catch a breath here and there and it should work.

i had duran not attack anyone at all and only heal but it still happens does the original have this bug cuz ive never expirienced this before

When I say spacing your character, I mean with the character you control to attack, the glitch can happen even if you have only one character attacking, and I think Kevin and Hawk double hitting especially doesn't help.

v2.030

• fixed a pointer bug related to opening the menu and weapon cooldown that could overwrite random values (e.g. reduces magic defense)
  • fixed a graphical bug affecting e.g. wrong layer for jewel eater's leg
  • lowered damage bonus of status damage capstone from 100/134 to 30/40; was intended to only proc if the status chance succeeds but does always
  • fixed duration of enemy's revenge mode now no longer getting stuck for some bosses
  • Debuff Guard now also protects against maxHP down debuff
  • reduced power of Dolan's spiral moon
  • changed the status effect inflicted by Tzenker's Supersonic from moogle to chibikko

v2.040

• prevented starting inventory check if above lv1 (maybe fix item dupe bug?)
  • disabled revenge mechanic for genova (caused hitbox disappearance), increased HP to compensate
  • DarkLich now starts with light weakness instead of only gaining it when cycling back to the same background, increased his defenses slightly
  • fixed the check for cursed item when equipping, checked vs first item instead of selected item
  • changed paladin's speed up from single target to multi target
  • deathbringer armor HP% changed from 108 to 130, also lessens penalty from deathscore
  • increased high health armor HP% from 142 to 155
  • actually updated the version number on the main screen this time

3 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

v2.040

• prevented starting inventory check if above lv1 (maybe fix item dupe bug?)
  • disabled revenge mechanic for genova (caused hitbox disappearance), increased HP to compensate
  • DarkLich now starts with light weakness instead of only gaining it when cycling back to the same background, increased his defenses slightly
  • fixed the check for cursed item when equipping, checked vs first item instead of selected item
  • changed paladin's speed up from single target to multi target
  • deathbringer armor HP% changed from 108 to 130, also lessens penalty from deathscore
  • increased high health armor HP% from 142 to 155
  • actually updated the version number on the main screen this time

Looks good! General question since you're putting out new versions of this mod pretty frequently at this point: how safe is it to use save files (SRMs) from older versions, let's say post 2.0, with new versions? Should any problems be expected, or would you just recommend restarting if the player wants the new version?

v2.060

• changed castspeed stat for all characters to AGL
  • changed spell bonus damage stat for all characters to LUCK
  • aura wave restores 4 TP instead of 5, cost increased from 16 to 19
  • increased cast time of airblast, diamond missile, ice splash, fireball, evil gate and holy ball by 10
  • reduced cast time of Stun Wind, Coldblaze and Blaze Wall by 10
  • reduced cast time of Unicorn Head, Machine Golem, Ghoul and Ghost by 10
  • reduced cast time of Rainbow Dust from 150 to 125
  • changed Freya, Marduke, Jormungand and Lamian Naga from PIE to INT and their cast time to 150
  • changed Deadly Weapon and Blow Needle from AGL to LUCK
  • changed Jutsus and Fire/Poison Breath from AGL to INT, still deal physical damage
  • changed Shuriken from Lv1.5 to Lv1
  • changed Black Rain from Lv2 to Lv1.5, increased cost from 11 to 13
  • increased MP cost of arrow, axe bomber, spike, rockfall, landmine, rocket launcher, silver dart, crescent, grenade bomb, cutter missile and flame breath
  • increased revenge threshold for Bill/Ben from 65 to 110
  • increased revenge threshold for Lugar from 60 to 90
  • increased revenge threshold for Black Rabite from 111 to 130
  • Bill/Ben and Lugar can perform their tech again when triggering revenge
  • Fiegmund can perform an extra spell when triggering revenge
  • Dark Lich can perform an extra spell when triggering revenge once per battle
  • fixed HP/MP granting capstones
  • fixed exorcism damage

Big changes to Hawk this time! Does Shuriken still cost 8 MP to cast?

I love the overall simplication of the cast time and spell damage system :-)

Edited by rpschamp

Actually, after these changes, since I was planning to start my new run today, I think I'm moving to Dark Lise, Angela, Carlie; I've grown a little bored of Dark Hawk, and Fenrir Knight is looking pretty damn good :-) Time to reboot the Femmes Fatales!

Well Dark Lise is pretty damn good in a caster party regardless of which class, Dragon Master amplify Anti Magic making the target weak to everything if they have a weakness is a good asset especially if your caster(s) can't cover every element, and Fenrir Knight counter is very good for MP management.

There is also the combo Prae mention in his suggested party where you can get Evil Shaman and Lise with INT capstone and get twice the effect of Evil Shaman's Final Weapon (the biggest benefite being that with 2 Evil Shaman's Final Weapon and Lunatic you effectivly reduce boss's HP by 38-39% ^^), TBH this INT capstone has some great potential combo, with Angela's Archmage final weapon get both with this weapon and you'll be able to deal double damage on weakness with both (think that combo work best with Starlancer, Dragon Master has more Element coverage but her Final Weapon is to good to pass, Starlancer has 3 element covered and her Final Weapon while nice (especially for Marduke) isn't as important + Archmage cover debuff already). One combo I'd like to try one day is with Death Hand, get INT capstone Death Hand final weapon and tech build on both break these defenses into pieces XD.

Nesouk as usual you are way ahead of me; I think Lise is a better choice than Hawk here for a number of reasons, but I will respond with more after I play a bit. Thank you for your input!

Well Lise is a great support but yeah Hawk tends to be more usefull for a melee team.

I'm tempting to try doing a man power team run later, been a while since I've done one.

On 4/19/2021 at 11:31 PM, Nesouk said:

Equipped your characters with either Dream Res ring from Byzel or MindStatutResist helm from Dwarf Village to get immune to Moogle, doesn't make Tzenker easier per say but at least it prevent being fucked up by Moogle. 

Does the Dream Res. shield protect against the same status effects as the Dream Res. ring? It's in the title, I know, but the spreadsheet indicates moogle/chibikko resistance for the shield and sleep/moogle/chibikko for the ring. Most likely the spreadsheet just wasn't updated when the shield effects were changed....

2 hours ago, rpschamp said:

Does the Dream Res. shield protect against the same status effects as the Dream Res. ring? It's in the title, I know, but the spreadsheet indicates moogle/chibikko resistance for the shield and sleep/moogle/chibikko for the ring. Most likely the spreadsheet just wasn't updated when the shield effects were changed....

the sheet is actually correct there, shield does NOT resist sleep - probably forgot it back then