praetarius5018

Seiken Densetsu 3 Sin of Mana - Discussion

971 posts in this topic

Another thing I wonder if Duran's INT capstone is working correctly, his HP keeps increasing and decreasing, I wonder if it conflicts something with the cursed equipment and the capstone, confused

5 hours ago, smileless said:

Another thing I wonder if Duran's INT capstone is working correctly, his HP keeps increasing and decreasing, I wonder if it conflicts something with the cursed equipment and the capstone, confused

The HP part for Angela's PIE capstone doesn't work so I suppose Duran's INT capstone must have the same issue, the defenses increase works tough for Angela, I reported it to Prae some days ago.

No ideas about Life Booster tough.

EDIT : Just Tested and no issue with Life Booster on my side, so dunno what happened.

Edited by Nesouk

8 hours ago, smileless said:

Can't tell if I am doing something wrong but there's no increase to maximum HP after casting Life Booster

could be a lot of things, so dunno
-invert armor + debuff guard?
-no battle on current screen?
-game being lazy with updating hud?
-already had HP up through auto-buff? wait, I think HP up was not compatible with that...

16 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

could be a lot of things, so dunno
-invert armor + debuff guard?
-no battle on current screen?
-game being lazy with updating hud?
-already had HP up through auto-buff? wait, I think HP up was not compatible with that...

Auto-Buff shouldn't according to the doc, then again the MP part of Magic Shield wasn't suppose either and was working with it initially so who knows.
Could also be related to having Duran's INT capstone or Angela's PIE capstone.

EDIT : Just remembering that one of my previous run was with Lord with Auto Buff and he has Life Booster, Life Booster wasn't working with it so here goes that theory.

Edited by Nesouk

Paladin doesn't have max HP up effect so it's def not that, Carlie (Sage) was the one casting it.

Could cursed equipment be the cause (she has meta: curse equipped)

53 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

I think that would've been found earlier.
What else has she equipped?

I will do more tests with other equipment if that keeps happening but what I had when I tried Life Booster:

Weapon: Heal Aura

Helm: MindStatusResist

Armor: Heal Up

Ring 1: TP by Cast

Ring 2: Meta: Curse

Hello all !

I have a Q, and I hope it belongs here:

In the "Party Suggestions 2.0" thread, I read some use a randomizer to pick their classes; is it the "SD3SOM_randomizer_v2" included in the download here, or another stuff i do not know about ?

P.S.: Thank you for the mod; and for the forum: I read a part of it, it is a good appetizer :P

P.P.S.:  sorry for my awful language, I'm french... O.o

Hello fellow french player.

The randomizer we are talking isn't the one with the mod, it's an excel file that smiless posted in the party suggestion, it just tell what character and, if you wish, classes to use.

35 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

Hello fellow french player.

The randomizer we are talking isn't the one with the mod, it's an excel file that smiless posted in the party suggestion, it just tell what character and, if you wish, classes to use.

Found It !  ( SD3 party selector.xlsx )

Thank You !!!  :x

Oh ...

While I'm here...

I searched the net and found this ( while I did not know what "the randomizer" was indeed ): Trials of Mana - Three Job Thiesta

My "search fu" is chaotic indeed, I can find anything EXCEPT what I search for ???  :S

Edited by JJaANF

2 hours ago, JJaANF said:

Found It !  ( SD3 party selector.xlsx )

Thank You !!!  :x

Oh ...

While I'm here...

I searched the net and found this ( while I did not know what "the randomizer" was indeed ): Trials of Mana - Three Job Thiesta

My "search fu" is chaotic indeed, I can find anything EXCEPT what I search for ???  :S

Even better, gonna save that link for future

On 7/4/2021 at 7:36 AM, Nesouk said:

OH you actually found something great here, gonna use this to now ^^

Oh...  I've been useful ???  That makes me all fuzzy in my tummy...  (an all new feeling...  ^_^)

Joke aside, Noob Qs incoming

-I have some "diificulties" unlocking Water/Fire Jutsus: my Hawk is 17 Agi, he got Shuri', Earth/thunder Jutsus...   According to the txt file , shouldn't he have got the other two jutsus ???  Anything I'm missing ?   (I just thought about it: Spirits, maybe ??? :P)

If it is the spirits, should I get them before getting the Agi , or the order is irrelevant (meaning I'll get the jutsus whenever i get the spirits now) ?

-Safety check 9_9 : is there a way to remove cursed items ? Or to replace them with another one ? OR once they're there, they're there fo ever & ever, until endtimes & even after...

Edited by JJaANF
Use your head, JJaANF...

Yeah you need the corresponding spirits for Hawk jutsu, if you have the stat required you'll unlock them on LVUP once you'll get the spirit.

Curse equipment can't be remove, basically think Dragon Quest but without the Priest to remove them, also once you reach LV61 you can't equip them anymore, so if you want one you'd have to equip it before that point.

5 hours ago, smileless said:

When the emulator resets all of your prefered configuration, and along with that resets game saves -_-

Ouch that sucks.

Does Gorva have a new instant kill mechanic? I have been dying from his swipes without any damage reported. I thought this might be linked with his Antimagic spell... I'm not sure why I haven't run into this before.

On 6/18/2021 at 11:38 AM, Majora4Prez said:

I'm having a great time with this hack, but I've encountered a problem. After the alchemist tells us to find gunpowder and then vanishes, the scene outside his house where the party deliberates how to find it and resolves to ask around town doesn't occur; thus the guy who's supposed to tell the party to go to the dwarves is still talking about King Richard, and there's no option to use Lumina at the statue in the Cleft of the Earth. For some reason, the town of Maia now plays the same music as is normally played on the Golden Road.

My emulator is SNES9x v1.53-1240, and my party is Duran, Angela, and Carlie.

I ran into this same bug in BSNES v115 (final release). Is there a recommended platform that works well with this game? I've been trying different platforms lately, but I haven't found one that 1) runs well and 2) doesn't present bugs.

On 9/22/2021 at 5:36 PM, rpschamp said:

I ran into this same bug in BSNES v115 (final release). Is there a recommended platform that works well with this game? I've been trying different platforms lately, but I haven't found one that 1) runs well and 2) doesn't present bugs.

Ran into this same problem again, on a different platform.... From what I can tell, current versions of Higan/BSNES and SNES9X are not working. Any suggestions? I love this game but I really don't want to go back to ZSNES....

2 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

I think ZSNES would make it worse.
What party setup?
Really sure you hit all plot triggers?

My party setup is Lise, Angela, Carlie. As for plot triggers, I beat the Machine Golems, saw the bridge collapse, spoke to Bon Voyage (for the second time) who runs off and tells me to find gunpowder, and then spoke to his wife who doesn't know where he is. When I exit his house, I don't get the cut scene where the team discusses asking around the town, the old man and old woman don't have the new dialogue that points to the dwarves, and the goddess statue at the cave just functions like a normal statue. Interestingly, it seems like my characters pause for a second when I leave Bon Voyage's house as if the game is searching for a cut scene... but nothing happens. Is there another trigger that I'm missing to produce the cut scene outside Bon Voyage's?

BSNES is by far my favorite platform.... I've tested this cut scene problem on both the nightly release (2021-09-06) and v115 ("final release") but got the same result. I feel like this problem did not occur with previous releases, but those are not available now.

Apart from this, SoM 2.060 is an awesome and otherwise stable release, I love how you've restructured the item usage system around tech points, and I look forward to playing more when I find a path forward.

Edited by rpschamp

23 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

Can you send me your savefile (.srm)?

Unfortunately no, I erased it last night when I was trying some other setups. I realized that I should have kept it right after.

I will be traveling out of state for the next few days, but if it helps, I can regenerate a save file under the same conditions when I get a couple of hours on the game this Sunday after I get back home.

Thank you for your help on this!