praetarius5018

Seiken Densetsu 3 Sin of Mana - Discussion

971 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

lightgazer, fmh refight, heath, archdemon, a couple random mobs - honestly, it is less useful than curse

One issue is that spell that can get the pressure upgrade are Holy Elemental, and I think outside of Silver Knight who only half Holy other mobs than can heal themselves Void or even absorb Holy.

For the Fire God Beast is there any defense against Heat Beam? It's kills one of my characters and than sets there max HP to 100.

So regarding Dragon Emperor

Spoiler

It seems like as long as you don't cast any buffs or debuffs, none of his spells will ever do a stat down effect. And the stat down effect depends on the buff/debuff you casted. Hmm not sure how you get beyond that one, I guess you will depend on the set up you have equipment wise, use things like energy ball, aura wave, a strong healer, and spam offensive magic?

10 minutes ago, smileless said:
  Hide contents

It seems like as long as you don't cast any buffs or debuffs, none of his spells will ever do a stat down effect. And the stat down effect depends on the buff/debuff you casted. Hmm not sure how you get beyond that one, I guess you will depend on the set up you have equipment wise, use things like energy ball, aura wave, a strong healer, and spam offensive magic?

Spoiler

If his spell don't do stat down that means you're already debuffed at -1 and can't go lower ^^, I still honnestly think Dragon Emperor is the hardest boss in this mod, a huge amount of HP, constant full debuff, very powerfull attacks, this is really a huge war of attrition and very long one at that, you definitly need a strong healer and to keep your buff (especially Mind Up) up to keep up, as for damage I would suggest relying on an element he doesn't use like Dark and Earth (if possible make sure to be on Gnome day, and of course avoid being on the day that ehance one of his attacks (so avoid Salamando, Undine, Jinn and Luna days) so use Magic of these, using Leaf saber to keep your MP up is also a good idea as well as physical damage depending of your team.

1 hour ago, Nesouk said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If his spell don't do stat down that means you're already debuffed at -1 and can't go lower ^^, I still honnestly think Dragon Emperor is the hardest boss in this mod, a huge amount of HP, constant full debuff, very powerfull attacks, this is really a huge war of attrition and very long one at that, you definitly need a strong healer and to keep your buff (especially Mind Up) up to keep up, as for damage I would suggest relying on an element he doesn't use like Dark and Earth (if possible make sure to be on Gnome day, and of course avoid being on the day that ehance one of his attacks (so avoid Salamando, Undine, Jinn and Luna days) so use Magic of these, using Leaf saber to keep your MP up is also a good idea as well as physical damage depending of your team.

Spoiler

I am not debuffed, I didn't cast any buffs or debuffs since the beginning of the fight, nothing was mentioned about any stat downs. Try casting def down or def up and his spells will do that. Lower two of his stats he will lower two of your stats then with his spells everytime you raise them. Lower his maximum hp or increase yours, he will lower yours. He can do multiple of those stat downs depending of how many stats of his you lowered by the time he casts his next spell.

Just try it for fun and test it. Don't cast any stat ups or downs, you will see his spells will just damage your party but wont lower your stats, even his ultimate spells.

Edited by smileless

Spoiler

OH Jesus really that was it ? Goddamn no wonder I had this much trouble, I was just throwing a Shadow Zero'Eye at him right at the beginning xD, think I'm gonna try him again I still have my old save files with Duelist, Vanadis and Arch Mage see how it goes.

33 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:
  Hide contents

FINALLY someone gets it! :D
dragon emperor just wants a fair fight,
you debuff him, he debuffs you
you buff yourself, he undos it

Spoiler

How sneaky of you!

That was very clever tbh, well done!  Time to start the other storylines now and try the Dark Lich and Archdemon, this should be fun.

29 minutes ago, Nesouk said:
  Hide contents

OH Jesus really that was it ? Goddamn no wonder I had this much trouble, I was just throwing a Shadow Zero'Eye at him right at the beginning xD, think I'm gonna try him again I still have my old save files with Duelist, Vanadis and Arch Mage see how it goes.

Spoiler

Hahaha, no wonder I was getting my ass kicked so hard before - my reaction atm. xD

Edited by smileless

Spoiler

Well sadly that means on hard you really do need to not being on a day of an element he can use, since that was my first time playing Angela/Duran's story I went blind, and so I was on a Salamando's day without Mind Up and Mind Down gigaburn is a 999 damage on Duelist, Vanadis and Arch Mage so yeah still need Mind Up/Down for this.

Not possible with my team sadly, so in the end still relying on buff and Debuff is the way to go with the team I had despite being annoying to keep up with him.

I remember that the bosses in this mod can be silenced (some at least). Can they be silenced with those weapons that can inflict silence?

weapons and spells work equally well

I know of the following status counts:

Spoiler

poison: 2 bosses

mute: 1 boss

sleep: 1 boss

anti-heal and curse work in general

Spoiler

no bosses before Lugar have a status weakness outside of curse or anti-heal since access to those is effectively non-existant at those points

So from what I read before Dangaard offers the most amount of gp that you can get among the GB. 

Does the gp amount increase if you fight him later or it stays the same? I want to make the most out of that.

Edited by smileless

The God Beasts fights are something else, this mod makes them far more enjoyable and challenging to fight, for such an intense name well deserved.

Besides the final boss (at least the Dragon Emperor, haven't fought the other two yet) they are my favorite boss fights gotta say. 

Hawk sure did a lot of damage also btw on fiegmund with thunder jutsu on jin day, after buff/debuff. Around 400 damage. My team lacked dark magic (used some shade statues I obtained) so after trying the thunder jutsu I just spammed that when fiegmund was out of my reach.

Edited by smileless

Hmm I ran into something odd, I fought the Archdemon twice and he didn't change into his 2nd form.

I remember that happening in tho vanilla once too tho (probably a bug?). But here it happened twice in a row.

Edited by smileless

I'm not totally sure but I think that is because he only checks at the end of an AI cycle if it is time for the phase change (HP below threshold) and I made the cycle a bit longer to fit certain moves in.

Hm is that something that can be fixed?

Also, I wonder what's up with the palette change of Knight Duran in the download page of this mod