praetarius5018

Seiken Densetsu 3 Sin of Mana - Discussion

971 posts in this topic

Ok I reached the Dark Lich fight 

Spoiler

And he annihilated me with multi target death spell. I wonder if that has something to do with the energy ball or magic shield that triggered him to do that. Or maybe the only choice I really have is equip anti death helmets to all 3 characters?

Spoiler

This time I went in with anti death protection equipment, but this time also Dark Lich's Geyes Blast almost killed me (2 characters dead) what's up with that attack

If I have to guess, I have to use mind down on him everytime he casts magic shield?

Edited by smileless

Spoiler

Since I finished all 3 quests, if I have to rank the 3 final bosses in this mod in terms of difficulty, even if the intention may have been for the Archdemon to be the most difficult of the final bosses  the Dragon Emperor to me was the hardest one of the three. It's such a long, drawn out battle.

I was using Lord/Archmage/God for that fight but I am simply not able to come with much of a solution to this reptilian beast.

2nd hardest I gotta give it to the Archdemon, I beat him using the Ninja Master/StarLancer/Bishop combo.

And finally I beat Dark Lich using Warrior Monk, Archmage, Bishop combo. I gotta say Bishop is such a powerful class for Carlie. Also btw Turn Undead doesn't work on the Dark Lich.

8 hours ago, smileless said:

Hide contents

And he annihilated me with multi target death spell. I wonder if that has something to do with the energy ball or magic shield that triggered him to do that. Or maybe the only choice I really have is equip anti death helmets to all 3 characters?

Spoiler

he is a final exam on several of the godbeast gimmicks, most turned down a bit.

but yes, energy ball has to be cancelled the same way as in dolan's fight else he gets a high damage bonus on it.

7 hours ago, smileless said:
  Hide contents

Also btw Turn Undead doesn't work on the Dark Lich.

Spoiler

were you lv99 as he is?

1 hour ago, praetarius5018 said:
  Hide contents

he is a final exam on several of the godbeast gimmicks, most turned down a bit.

but yes, energy ball has to be cancelled the same way as in dolan's fight else he gets a high damage bonus on it.

Hide contents

were you lv99 as he is?

Spoiler

Yes I am at level 99

Edited by smileless

Hmmm weird, this time turn undead seemed to actually work. Not sure what I did last time that it did 0 damage, I will test it further when I have time and see if I can replicate that.

How do I attach a savegame file here? 

40 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

Did you have different accessoires?
Maybe one of the monster level up items by mistake?

Yeah I did change the accessories but I didn't have earth bracelet equipped (the accessory that raises the monster level). In fact as far as I can see I didn't even buy that ring at all.

Spoiler

Hm Turn Undead was working at the beginning of the battle, then it wasn't working as time passes on. Does Dark Lich cancel it with Magic Shield by some chance?

Edit:

Spoiler

Yup, the moment he used Magic Shield, Turn Undead stopped working.

Edited by smileless

Spoiler

I actually like that, Dark Lich having a mean to counter the all mighty Turn Undead.  Cool stuff.

Paladin may be a great choice for this fight I imagine too, with his final weapon.

I at least used mind down everytime he used Magic Shield, so his magic def wont be too high, I kinda guessed he would copy that gimmick from Land Umber too, like he did the one from Dolan with Energy Ball.

Edited by smileless

Spoiler

Makes me wonder if Dark Lich Magic Shield would cancel also the Death Spell.

Edited by smileless

Spoiler

he has the bit of landumber
a bit of dolan (energy ball)
lightgazer (max HP down per hit)
mispolm (status effect on target? more damage!)
dangaard (an otherwise impossible spell variant in mt deathspell)
zable fahr (anti-magic on self before hell cross)

he's only really missing fiegmund
xan bie is kinda similar to lightgazer with his max HP damage, so he's there in sprit as well.
unless you want to count the spells he can use, then he's got them all

Spoiler

Ok this time I went against the Dragon Emperor with a better plan, turning it into a quicker fight by tossing a moon coin to him lowering his maximum hp, then after he took a hit I raised the Dragon Emperors maximum hp with Life Booster. Of course I used power down, mind down and then casted counter magic on him soon after. He was still hitting heavy but not too bad, I found the fight easier this time around.

Wish I could have made better use of energy ball in this fight, should have given more luck points to Kevin. Oh well what's done it's done.

Edited by smileless

I've also done a fair bit of research before posting and I believe you have no intention of patching Trials of Mana with this mod, correct? Nor is there any way to make them work together at the moment?

Any suggestions on how I would allocate my stats for a team of the following?

Hawke/Ninja Master

-Focus on Agi/Vit/Pie

Lisa/Vanadise

-Focus on Pie/Lck/Vit

Duran/Duelist

-Focus on Str/Vit/Int

This is my first time playing SD3 and I installed the mod cause I'm always up for a challenge, but wasn't really sure if level ups in this game were like other ARPGs where you dump your level ups into like 3 stats and ignore the others. If anyone had any suggestions on this, it would be appreciated!

Depend on how you want to play each character, VIT and PIE should be invest to at least 20-25 by the end of the game to have decent resistance then :

-Ninja Master : If you want to play him as a caster then you should focus on AGI for the damage of his spells and PIE to reduce the casttime, you can also get minor damage bonus by investing in INT. If you want to play him as a Crit Build, since he has a exclusive debuff that make target more vulnerable to Crit, then you should invest on LUCK and STR and also AGI to have a better Hitrate and increase damage from LV1 Tech if you plan to use Counter.

-Vanadis : Considering your team I don't think LUCK is a stat you should invest in, since she will be your healer and buffer you should invest in INT to reduce her cast time, other than that PIE and VIT are good stat.

-Duelist : There is 2 way to go with him you either invest in INT to reduce his cast time and get some bonus damage in his LV3 Tech or you ignore INT (you can reduce his casttime for Saber spell to 0 with Sage Stone and shouldn't need to cast more than 1 per fight and thanks to his Final Weapon his LV3 Tech is already very powerfull (can even hit the 999 with Saber for weakness exploit)) and instead invest in AGI so he miss less often.

One other question: are accessories universal? I noticed in the spreadsheets that certain accessories were specified for certain characters; but I've had no trouble equipping say for example, a Vambrace meant for Lise onto both Duran and Hawks.

24 minutes ago, immxalan said:

One other question: are accessories universal? I noticed in the spreadsheets that certain accessories were specified for certain characters; but I've had no trouble equipping say for example, a Vambrace meant for Lise onto both Duran and Hawks.

Yes, they are. Duran's shields can also be worn by both Duran and Lise. It's said in the equipment guide (i.e. the file armor_elements_stats.xls), under the rings tab: "all accessoires can be equipped by any character". Since the equipment contain special effects that aren't told by the game in any way due to technical reasons, you should keep the equipment guide open whenever you play the game.

Two quick questions that I'm sure have been addressed in the past (and I think are related) but I can't seem to find a definitive answer for.

First, what exactly is the "Curse" upgrade from  Magatama? It's my understanding that it debuffs enemies and is only applied to Dark element spells, but I cannot seem to find the specifics.

Second, similarly, what is the "Pressure" upgrade from  Cardinal Eye? Is it basically the Light spell equivalent of Curse?