praetarius5018

Seiken Densetsu 3 Sin of Mana - Discussion

971 posts in this topic

I had a question,Everytime i casted Rainbow Dust and it heal monsters

How do i solve this problem?

Edited by nightmare9913256

you tried the fix only patch? wherever I left that one..

either way I won't try to make that compatible, not worth it, got better stuff to do

5 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

you tried the fix only patch? wherever I left that one..

either way I won't try to make that compatible, not worth it, got better stuff to do

tried it, doesn't work. (worth pointing out that the 3-player patch by parlance works, though) i'm guessing it's the more intense routines of your fixes (kevin wolf fix, prevent healing overflow on enemies, heal light no longer healing maxHP) that make your projects incompatible.

you might wanna put up a disclaimer in sin of mana's thread that neither sin nor fix-only are compatible with trials of mana. but w/e fuck it, it doesn't really matter that much tbh. if people are horny enough for trials' title logos/text with your projects, they'll just shit the official text into the LNF+Neil Corlett+SoM2Freak translation

Edited by TiredTeddybear

Eh, it's not worth messing the switch port right now. Better to wait and see how the Remake turns out, see what changes they did, and since it's on PC someone could even make tools for it.

Edited by Valenhil

24 minutes ago, Valenhil said:

since it's on PC someone could even make tools for it.

This reminded me that this mod was basically made just with hex editing. Imagine if he had a decent tool (and a decente engine) to work with...

Quick question if somebody doesn't mind: How do (de)buffs stack, if at all? Like does each one overwrite the last? Is there any point to trying to have more than one debuff active on a boss at once?

Example: A mob casts Agility Down on Hawk. Another mob casts Power Down on Hawk. Finally, I cast Defense Up on him. Does he now have:

a) Just Defense Up? 

b) Power Down and Defense Up?

c) Agility Down, Power Down, and Defense Up?

Based off of my testing so far, I thiiiink b) is the case, but I wasn't sure. I do understand that buffs now work in tandem to Sabers, but this is specifically in regards to the primary state (de)buffs. 

Thank you so much! 

You can stack all 4 buffs/debuffs on a target, but the buffs from the same type will cancel the debuff and vice-versa. They work in a "minus/neutral/plus" way (e.g. Enemy casts Agi down on you (minus), you can cast Agi up on yourself to cancel the debuff (neutral), but you'll need to cast Agi up again if you want to buff yourself (plus))

Kinda want to try out Vanadis party cuz it got multi-target buff, according to the class skill excels. But the patch v1.050 nerfs it back to single target :( 

18 minutes ago, tkh1208 said:

Kinda want to try out Vanadis party cuz it got multi-target buff, according to the class skill excels. But the patch v1.050 nerfs it back to single target :( 

You can still equip a whitelight ring to make it multitarget, just gotta sacrifice that accessory slot now

15 minutes ago, Kei said:

You can still equip a whitelight ring to make it multitarget, just gotta sacrifice that accessory slot now

Oh I didn't know that. Thanks :P 

By the way, what stat raises the non-elemental damage of Paladin's Turn Undead with his final weapon equipped? I assume it is PIE?

Edited by tkh1208

2 hours ago, tkh1208 said:

Oh I didn't know that. Thanks :P 

By the way, what stat raises the non-elemental damage of Paladin's Turn Undead with his final weapon equipped? I assume it is PIE?

Would make sense if its PIE but I actually don't know. Didn't see anything specifying on the sheets either, so wait on Praetaerius for that

2 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

level, int, pie

Thanks.

Another dumb question: Does Magic Shield stack with Mind Up for stronger magic resistance? Or Magic Shield is just Mind Up without magic effectiveness increase?

Ok I give up, how are you supposed to defeat Dolan? Sometimes his spiral moon does 999 damage like seriously?

The hardest god beast so far, other one was fiegmund where my hp was brought down so fast I had no idea what to do but spam healing items, managed to outlast him lol.

Had to make an account to figure that out.

Edited by smileless

oh that one is easy

Spoiler

energy ball gives him a buff that makes spiral moon deal 999 damage, you can cancel it via lv2/3 tech

1 hour ago, praetarius5018 said:

oh that one is easy

Reveal hidden contents

energy ball gives him a buff that makes spiral moon deal 999 damage, you can cancel it via lv2/3 tech

Ok thanks, after knowing that the fight indeed wasn't difficult really.

Next is Lightgazer,  then finally Zable Fahr.

Lightgazer wasn't that difficult, tho to be fair I checked before on how to prepare for this one, apparently his wekaness being earth so I had an idea what awaited me, I understand the reasoning behind his weakness:

" Lightgazer: shadow is just absence of light, so adding <nothing> to light changes nothing; you're better off blocking the light out by say dropping a mountain on the source "

But based on that shouldn't moon also be a weakness to lightgazer more or less?

Or if dark element has anything to do with blackholes, even light cannot escape once they enter, just food for thought tbh that got me thinking about Lightgazer weakness or even zable fahr ( if light remained it's weakness, haven't tried that one yet).

So far this mod is a pretty fun experience, only complaing I have is going back and forth the sheet and the game at times it got tedious but that besides I had still fun.

Edited by smileless