praetarius5018

Seiken Densetsu 3 Sin of Mana - Discussion

971 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, smileless said:

But based on that shouldn't moon also be a weakness to lightgazer more or less?

please leave moon out of this.
the game handles that element in a weird way at times.
like a pure damage spell like fireball but with moon element would not damage the target and heal you but instead it hurts the caster. or half vanish is moon elemental in the sense that it profits from that day but not in the sense that it can hit a moon weakness.

1 hour ago, smileless said:

only complaing I have is going back and forth the sheet and the game at times it got tedious

well, that's a technical limitation I can't get around

I assume party-wide accessory effect like increase gold gain/rare treasure chance, enemy level up/down... can stack, right? Like I run around with 6 Beastman Collars for x6 effects of gold gain/rare treasure chance.

Defeated Zable fahr and Darkshine Knight - the later was quite troublesome tho I figured lv1 tech was the way to go there.

Anyway I defeated Tzenker too but I forgot to equip one of my characters with anti petrification equipment and and the Zombie Dragons done me in one hit lol, lost all my progress salt is real, I was glad I saved after Darkshine knight this isn't too bad, served me as a reminder tho I got salty a bit haha

Edited by smileless

Pesonnaly after finishing the Archdemon storyline with Hawk and Lise, I want to try the other stories with the 2 corresponding characters in the team, so I started with the Dragon Emperor's scenario, gonna say starting with Angela on Hard is just hell, I think she is legit the worst character to start with, she is so fragile that she dies to quickly, killing anything takes forever and even after a second character join she is nothing but a burden and defeating Full Metal Hunger with her, unless maybe the partner is Kevin, I feel like it's not gonna happen for me.

So I resolve to restart over with Duran since he is more Durable and hit harder than Angela the beginning is much more manageable and took Angela as the third member so at least when she join she will have one spell to actually do something usefull, so my team is Duran, Lise and Angela plan to do Duelist, Vanadis and Arch Mage (yeah I know no Heal Light before a while (LV43 minimum), judging by my previous playthrough however I think Gladiator and Sorceress are both quite efficient at killing the mobs due to Sorceress having all elemental spell with Dark Duran to boost them, and Gladiator's Full Screen Tech with Lise to buffs I think it will be tough but I can handle, for bosses even in my Star Lancer, Ninja Master and Bishop playthrough I was relying more on item to heal anyway).

So recently beat Tzenker, somehow so far this is the lowest LV I reach her accross my playthroughs (beat her at LV18 so I change class but didn't get the first ability) which both worries me and reasure me (worries me cause I'm underlevel I assume, reasure me cause that a good sign about that team performance I think), so far Full Metal Hunger did go surprisingly well with only Duran and Lise manage to do a deathless fight against him on the first try, Jewel Eater was the worst boss so far Yeah I still think he is a good candidate for toughest boos of the game, his spell and special attacks are manageable but the worst really are his normal attack does a crap ton of damage for that point + Silence, and when he put Protect Up Duran and Lise damage become pathetic so only Angela was doing decent damage with her spell. For Tzenker I had a shit load of Molebear Claws, so you can guess what I did, she isn't to bad really (just have to dispel that Protect Down ASAP), then Duran and Angela are dealing a lot of damage to her so she dies quickly, the bitch manage to kill Duran just before receiving the final blow tough what a troll.

EDIT : I think I definitly found the ultimate way to stupidly make a "Soft Game Over" on Hard, I don't know why the fuck I didn't check sooner, but I haven't realise that Duran's Dark Classes, Angela's Light Class and all of Lise's classes are naturally weak to Dark, as a result if you didn't buy byzel Armors that remove weaknesses then at LV24 Gorva is impossible on Hard his Evil Gate, Regular attack and Black Rain are a guaranteed one shot (not mentionning Deathspell) and since we can't go back to Byzel after beating Tzenker, then yeah I'm fucked, only way to pass the fucker is to lower the difficulty.

Edited by Nesouk

I play with Dervish/Archmage/Vanadise, which gives me access to all buff/debuff/heal for bosses (the day of 43 level relying on chocolates/candies after every two screens have been over!). For normal monsters, I equip six Beastman Collars (a bit tight on money now), and have the +25% EXP bonus armor on all three characters. My screen-clearing consists of holding X and running around in circle while my Angela nukes everything with an element of choice a few times until everything dies :D

I don't know how to use Freya summon properly, though. It is cool to have easier transformed monsters to deal with, but they have reduced EXP and my Angela still have to cast one or two spells to clear the screen, and I get fully healed post-battle, anyway. It is kinda a shame cuz it would be a good screen-clearing magic that I can cast hand-in-hand with Angela spells. Any advice?

Also, if I hit a physical resistance monster with a saber, will the damage be full or physical resistance still counts?

Sorry, I'm so dumb that i clicked the quote button instead of edit and make another double post >.>

Edited by tkh1208
Double post cuz I'm so dumb

16 hours ago, tkh1208 said:

I don't know how to use Freya summon properly, though. It is cool to have easier transformed monsters to deal with, but they have reduced EXP and my Angela still have to cast one or two spells to clear the screen, and I get fully healed post-battle, anyway. It is kinda a shame cuz it would be a good screen-clearing magic that I can cast hand-in-hand with Angela spells. Any advice?

Hmmm I think the best way to use Freya would be to try to use it as the finishing blow like you make it so that Angela cast 1 or 2 spells and chain with Freya, cause if it kills the ennemies you will get the full XP, also Vanadis's final weapon allow Freya to take element of sabers for weaknesses sadly your team doesn't have Saber outside of Moon, Leaf and Dark so can't take advantage of that without using items.

So anyway had to cheese Gorva by lowering the difficulty but that entirely my fault, had I realise all my team was innatly weak to Dark I would have bought Byzel's armor that remove weakness to Dark, so that team is doing well on Hard outside of that :

-The Rolante invasion wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, most ennemies were manageable.

-Genova is still trouble mostly cause of technical issue as sometime the game just can't handle the fight and don't let me open the fucking menu to heal, other than that Diamond Saber from Duran combine with Diamond Missile does a good job at cleaning the mobs as well as damaging Genova, the mob are troublesome tough as both Duran and Lise has FST and if the mob take their appearence they can use the LV2 FST, Duran's FST is good to clean mobs tough.

-Bill and Ben really aren't that bad, the main issue is the IA sucks at staying the fuck away from them -_-, so my strat was to buffs Duran with Lise's Protect Up and Speed Up (Protect Up being mostly so Duran can survive Shadow Dive), then don't give a damn about her and then I was just doing hit and Run strat with Duran (using LV1 Tech only) while Angela was spamming magics (I was using Diamond Missile I don't know if they have an elemental weakness, I assume it would be Dark as all Ninja type ennemies are weak to Dark but I don't have dark elemental spell), when they split I just focus on one specific until it dies, if Angela get killed while casting I used Angel's Grail (I honnestly don't think a Deathless fight is possible on Hard considering if both of them focus on the same target they can melt his/her HP in a flash).

-Bucca Island : Was worry that I might be short on items for this but I had enough, before the cave the worst thing are definitly the Cockabird this things can just go burn in hell, they petrify (but this isn't an issue as I off course buy the accessory that protect against petrify, cause fighting them without these is fucking suicide), they hit hard and they seriously don't want to die, outside of them the island's mob are not bad. As for the Cave Angela is true MVP, outside of Slime and the rare Necromancers EVERYTHING in this cave is weak to Dark, so you can guess this was an ultimate Evil Gate's spam throughout the all caves.
Also I bought 2 Whitelight Rings on the ship, can definitly tell that Duran as Duelist and Lise as Vanadis will love getting these ^^.

EDIT : So found a little way to grind money rather easily, go to Eland then trigger the night, in the first Zone of Sub-Zero field there is only one ennemy and there is quite a high chance a Papa Poto spawn, and I realise that Papa Poto have quite a good chance to give ??? Seed, just farm these and use them and you can sell each Class Change item not needed for 850 each manage to get a good amount of money this way, also bought the HP Regeneration Accessories for each character it honnestly help a bit while I'm waiting for Heal Light just have to win there and stand still a bit waiting for my character to be heal by themselves takes a long time but a good way to save items.

So Bill and Ben was my last fight before Second Class change, easier than the first due to having MT Protect Up and Speed up, I just did the same thing as the first time (Lise buffs, Duran set a Diamond Saber on everyone (it was Gnome Day) then I do a hit and Run strat with him (using only regular attack and LV1 tech) while Angela spam Diamond Missile, using Angel's Grail when she fall, did that until only one remain which I solo with Duran), so get the Class Change Duelist, Arch Mage and Vanadis.

Got to say Duelist rocks, my gosh using Power Up, corresponding sabers and the helm that buff LV3 Tech and his LV3 Tech can perfectly compete with Angela MT spells, I will not get Def Down sadly but I'm really excited to see how much it will reach once I get Duelist's Final weapon, also realise that all his spell (except Anti-Magic) can get the Sudden upgrade, since outside of Sabers (which mostly gonna use one per boss battle) and Aura Wave gonna be usefull for mob fights it might be interesting to get the Sudden upgrade for him (which will allow me not have to give point to INT pass the one needed to learn spells and focus on STR, VIT, PIE).

As for the 3 Golem fight, buff with Thunder Saber, Def Up and Power Up then Angela and Duran did most of the job with Air Blast and Erupted Blade, still a tough fight cause they can kill the character really fast.

Edited by Nesouk

Spoiler

Black Rabite sure did wear me down a lot lol

And the Dragon Emperor sure kicked my ass first time around, he has a lot of attacks that lower your stats sometimes makes it hard to keep up what got even lowered.

I think I should save my sahagins scales for Angela while Kevin uses counter magic on himself and Duran and other buffs.

As far as I can see Dragon Emperor doesn't have any weakness and unlike in original game he absorbs even the moon saber which he didn't originally,  but it makes sense for him to do that consider he has that phase. Good to know now.

Edited by smileless

On 7/6/2019 at 6:30 AM, Nesouk said:

EDIT : So found a little way to grind money rather easily, go to Eland then trigger the night, in the first Zone of Sub-Zero field there is only one ennemy and there is quite a high chance a Papa Poto spawn, and I realise that Papa Poto have quite a good chance to give ??? Seed, just farm these and use them and you can sell each Class Change item not needed for 850 each manage to get a good amount of money this way, also bought the HP Regeneration Accessories for each character it honnestly help a bit while I'm waiting for Heal Light just have to win there and stand still a bit waiting for my character to be heal by themselves takes a long time but a good way to save items.

I put the poto there way before I made the class change item shop, so kind of intended

On 7/6/2019 at 6:30 AM, Nesouk said:

Got to say Duelist rocks, my gosh using Power Up, corresponding sabers and the helm that buff LV3 Tech and his LV3 Tech can perfectly compete with Angela MT spells, I will not get Def Down sadly but I'm really excited to see how much it will reach once I get Duelist's Final weapon, also realise that all his spell (except Anti-Magic) can get the Sudden upgrade, since outside of Sabers (which mostly gonna use one per boss battle) and Aura Wave gonna be usefull for mob fights it might be interesting to get the Sudden upgrade for him (which will allow me not have to give point to INT pass the one needed to learn spells and focus on STR, VIT, PIE).

in case you missed it, INT also boosts damage of Lv2/3 techs so you could dump some points later into it

34 minutes ago, tkh1208 said:

Does HP/MP drain ring/weapon works together with Leaf/Moon Sasber, or with each other?

you can only drain HP or MP, not both at the same time; in doubt saber has priority
but they stack in the sense that one item increases the limit for HP drain - this also applies to moon saber

7 hours ago, smileless said:
  Hide contents

Black Rabite sure did wear me down a lot lol

And the Dragon Emperor sure kicked my ass first time around, he has a lot of attacks that lower your stats sometimes makes it hard to keep up what got even lowered.

I think I should save my sahagins scales for Angela while Kevin uses counter magic on himself and Duran and other buffs.

As far as I can see Dragon Emperor doesn't have any weakness and unlike in original game he absorbs even the moon saber which he didn't originally,  but it makes sense for him to do that consider he has that phase. Good to know now.

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure I didn't touch the weaknesses of the final bosses, they still change them around during the fight.

Ugh I just got a softlock on Gildervine I think he was going to go into his second phase, but never got into it and so he became totally invincible, his mobs were not respawing and since he does nothing outside of Sleep Flower I can't even force a death.

Anyway finally got Heal Light after Ludgar, Ludgar was tough nothing to add he is just a physical powerhouse and that's all, having Protect Up, Speed Up, Mind Up and the saber help (didn't have Anti Magic yet).

Diorre's forest has some annoying ennemies (especially a lot that love to poison you and also this damn Crawlers that highly resist physical), the boss Gildervine however is probably the easiest of the game, setting all buffs, Flame Saber with Duelist (by the way giving him the Sudden upgrade is definitly the good move), then the hardest part is the mobs that spawn on the first phase, however spamming Fire Spells and Duelist's Eruptive wave (which deal over 400 to Gildervine) make short work of them, Gildervine's second phase is easy don't deal to much damage, Duran was dealing around a 100 per hit, 400 with Eruptive Wave and Angela around 300 with Fireball, so he dies rather quickly, and we get Dryad.

And so now I'm convince Duelist is a late bloomer, really Aura Wave is amazing on him cast it at the beginning of a mob fight (with Sudden Upgrade to cast it faster), Power Up with Lise while your building tech bar then Eruption Wave more if you can manage to make the mobs next to each other to hit multiple of them at once to build tech bar faster. Also I don't know if it is possible but if Aura Wave give 5 TP regardless of if the Aura Wave's buff is active or not, then once Arch Mage get Aura Wave to thing could get interesting as I could build up LV3 rapidly with 2 cast of Aura Wave.

Edited by Nesouk

Leaving Wood God-beast until monsters get to above lv60 is a right choice. Almost every single monster in Wood dungeon has a chance to drop W/A seed.

I got my final weapons now. Archmage's final weapon is amazing at nuking. Dervish's final weapon, for some reason, is not the one that stops him from using throw, but the one that gives him stronger wolf form, thus double his damage output during nighttime. Vanadise's weapon is kinda meh for my party cuz lacking of Saber buff, save Moon/Leaf/Dark, and summon doesn't benefit from elemental-weapon rings.

Giving Rune Earring + shorter-cast-time helmet to classes that an multi-target heal (either default or Whitelight Ring) is kinda fun. They basically never run out of HP to cast healing and other spells, and they can just heal up with item if necessary, which is cheaper than walnut. Give them Moon Saber/Dragon Ring/HP-drain weapon, and let them use the revive armor cuz they never use MP is a nice combo.

Talking about Revive Armor, does it help you to keep the buff on your dying character? Or the character just go back to a clean state?

Spoiler

My God I hate Dolan I truly despise him. I still consider him the hardest boss in the game for all the wrong reason, just because he take forever to die because absolutly nothing does good damage against him even after Anti-Magic, and while you are trying to kill him, you can die in such a cheap way like for instance just because the fucking game doesn't want to load your Tech, like game please I enter the input for Duran to do his Tech just after Energy Ball Dolan had the time to cast Half Vanish AND Spiral Moon before Duran cast it so unavoidable game over after over 15-20 minutes of fight.

3 hours ago, Nesouk said:
  Hide contents

My God I hate Dolan I truly despise him. I still consider him the hardest boss in the game for all the wrong reason, just because he take forever to die because absolutly nothing does good damage against him even after Anti-Magic, and while you are trying to kill him, you can die in such a cheap way like for instance just because the fucking game doesn't want to load your Tech, like game please I enter the input for Duran to do his Tech just after Energy Ball Dolan had the time to cast Half Vanish AND Spiral Moon before Duran cast it so unavoidable game over after over 15-20 minutes of fight.

Maybe try to farm at least one Revive Armor so that there will be someone survive to throw Angel's Grails? Well, if you have a Light-Dark class in your party, of course. Otherwise, good luck.

Edited by tkh1208

Well beat him, still consider him as the worst boss fight of the mod, the gimmick is to luck base and way to much Defense (seriously how many VIT and PIE he has ? This is ridiculous 23 STR, a Saber spell of corresponding day, Power Up and Duran don't even reach 50 damage per hit (arond 120-130 for Eruption Sword), Angela with Mind Up, Mind Down, Saber of corresponding 22 INT does arond 180) which make the fight way to long.

Hmm something interesting I don't know if it's a glitch, but some months ago you told me that once you defeat a God Beast, the mobs in his dungeon dissappear, well turns out it doesn't seem to be the case, as I beat Dolan 2 days ago then save, but when I load my save yesterday I took Flammie and then realise that on the world map the Red Dot on Moonreading tower was still there so I return to it and turns out the mobs are still there and they were LV58 (I was LV56), I should check if it's only specific to the Moonreading tower or if other as well keep (the only other God Beast I have beat for now is Dangaard).

should be vanilla behaviour
the red dots stay until all 7 bosses are beaten
admittedly I never checked the disappearance at the tower..

Well I think I can safely say the ennemies does not dissappear I just go back to the Corridor of Wind (and I beat Dungaard before Dolan), and the mobs are there and they are LV59 (I'm LV58) so their LV has increase to.

By the way is there a good farming point for W/A Seeds ?

On that note I beat Lightgazer and Mispolm not much to say they are among the easiest god beast, for Lightgazer Duelist with Diamond Saber was pretty valuable and his LV3 Tech was dealing around 400 damage, Arch Mage was usefull with Mind Down and the second damage dealer with Earthquake while Lise was on full support with Tinkle Rain and Heal Light (stacking equipment hat boost healing she heals decently despite the healing debuff), as for Mispolm Duran was the main damage dealer thank to Aura Wave and weapon that fill the tech bar 3x faster he get 4 Tech Point per hit and Eruptive blade for 1650 damage, nothing to had other than this is the only boss where casting Power Down on your team and Protect Up on him is actually a good move XD.

Edited by Nesouk

13 hours ago, Nesouk said:

Well I think I can safely say the ennemies does not dissappear I just go back to the Corridor of Wind (and I beat Dungaard before Dolan), and the mobs are there and they are LV59 (I'm LV58) so their LV has increase to.

strange, no idea why that is but that is not really a problem, imo.

13 hours ago, Nesouk said:

On that note I beat Lightgazer and Mispolm not much to say they are among the easiest god beast

Mispolm is kinda like Dolan - know the 2 tricks or die over and over.
Lightgazer is more of a problem when he lasts longer since he shaves off maxHP with each spell - or kill you with his opener when you are weak to a certain element that isn't light.

Well got Duelist and Arch Mage's final weapons (not sure if I'm gonna go for Lise's Final weapon cause she is more of a support in this team so sadly Freya rarely see the day), which are pretty nice, fought Fiegmund and man this team completly reckt him, Duelist cast Dark Saber on everyone, Leaf Saber on Lise and Aura Wave on himself then Power Up, Mind Up and Speed Up with Lise (I don't think he has any physical attack so for once Protect Up isn't needed) Arch Mage cast Mind Down, then Lise is on full healing duty with Heal Light and items, Arch Mage spam Dark Force for nearly 600 damage per cast and Duelist attack (he deal 120 per hits for me) and use his LV3 Tech whenever available (the damage vary lowest I got was around 700, highest was 900).

I think it's better to keep Duelist's final weapon for boss only tough, for mob fight the weapon that increase his Tech Bar 3x faster makes him more relevant as by the time he got his LV3 Tech Angela would have nuke everything, at least with faste tech bar fill he can pull off Eruptive Blade allowing for faster screen cleaning and save Angela's MP in case other mobs pop up after the first wave.

Well Xian Bie down he was so much easier than my previous team mainly cause Jesus Duelist with his final weapon is OP, with Ice Saber and Power Up he was dealing 999 with Eruptive Blade, quite ridiculous honnestly xD

God beast of earth the MVP this time was Angela dealing around 880 per thunderstorm after Antimagic, Mind Up, Mind Down, Thunder Saber on Jinn's Day, Duran was dealing 120 (sometime over 200 which I guess were counter) and 800 with Eruptive Blade (with his Final Weapon, thunder saber and Power Up), after 3 Protect Up Duran's damage goes down to 500 with Eruptive Blade but Angela was still dealing around 770 per thunderstorm, this God Beast is definitly a piece of cake with this team XD. I think this team is definitly a boss buster team xD

I'm going to buy Papa Poto's Claw to prepare for the God Beast of Darkness.

Edited by Nesouk

Well Zable Fahr was fairly easy, Saint beam and Duran's Eruptive blade where key here to deal massive damage, Lise was the healer and buffer, otherwise it's the exact same strat as my previous playthrough kill the 2 heads, once the middle head appear kill one of the other 2 to make this fight a 3 VS 2 and then don't give a shit about the other head and focus on the middle one.

OK Darkshine Knight is an interesting fight through trial and error I found he is weak to fire, and I also found out that you can actually use the field to your advantage by making sure than one of the pillar on the left is between you and him and if you position correctly he will not reach you, so what I did is I equip Duran with 2 Shields so that he can lure him (otherwise he is almost useless in this fight as a Duelist cause physical doesn't work at all on him and using Eruptive Blade cause him to do the same) while Lise is putting the buffs (Mind Up and Speed Up mainly), Angela setting Mind Down and Power Down then it's full Explode spam with using Magic Walnuts to regain MP (if I get the chance I can risk casting Fire Saber, also not forgetting using a Moon Coin on him), at one point it was actually funny Angela was casting so fast that the Darkshine Knight didn't had the time to get closer so Angela was keeping him at distance.

Sounds cheap but honnestly without doing so I don't see how to properly beat him on Hard, even with Protect Up and Power Down his attacks 2 shots my character, and once he use a Saber his damage become insane and he basically one shot character, and he seems to always crit.