praetarius5018

Seiken Densetsu 3 Sin of Mana - Discussion

971 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, HeavyC4 said:

I been trying out this mod but duran and the king colors aren't what they suppose to be.

Duran is orange and the king is purple. Like even his hair. I download the mod, added the patch then added another patch for normal mode. Cause even if it not ultra omega hard, it still harder than the base difficulty.

Sorry for double posting but should I just go with the difficulty patch or was the double patch thing was the right move? cause i'm ready to delete this modded file and start again. cause i just beat bruiser.

6 minutes ago, HeavyC4 said:

Sorry for double posting but should I just go with the difficulty patch or was the double patch thing was the right move? cause i'm ready to delete this modded file and start again. cause i just beat bruiser.

Do the colors look like this?

Screenshot

If yes, it sounds like you applied this patch https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/80/ , or the rom you got already had that patch applied to it. Try getting a new clean rom with only the translation patch applied

22 minutes ago, Kei said:

Do the colors look like this?

Screenshot

If yes, it sounds like you applied this patch https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/80/ , or the rom you got already had that patch applied to it. Try getting a new clean rom with only the translation patch applied

Thank you so much. I thought the patch screw things up when it was just a prepatch rom with extra stuff besides the translation

20 minutes ago, HeavyC4 said:

Thank you so much. I thought the patch screw things up when it was just a prepatch rom with extra stuff besides the translation

It's a funny coincidence since I was looking at random SD3 patches on romhacking.net just yesterday and saw this one, and then you came and said that :D

So as I was playing the game, through the ancient ruins of light, as I was using spells the game suddenly just resets back to title screen.

I wasn't using save states.

Yes upon looking at it again, it happened when casting holy ball on an enemy that got turned into a snowman, the game either goes blaxk screen or resets.

1 hour ago, smileless said:

Yes upon looking at it again, it happened when casting holy ball on an enemy that got turned into a snowman, the game either goes blaxk screen or resets.

The Snowman status is likely the problem. When I was going through the Labyrinth of Ice Walls on my previous playthrough, I started to use save states after every battle after having 5 crashes in the dungeon, all of them after a character was hit by a Snowm status.

Snowman status on enemies, then casting holy ball followed by weapon attack or sometimes just holy ball. It doesm't always happen but I was able to produce that like 5 times.

Edited by smileless

Maybe a character/enemy who is affected by Snowman is being considered a valid target when it should not be? IIRC you couldn't attack snowmen

Edited by Kei

1 minute ago, praetarius5018 said:

I tried that for half an hour with no results.
Any specific enemies? Area? Anything else?

The area in ancient ruins of light, before you enter the water area part that leads to the lightgazer fight.

K, who wants the 650 MB log? I don't.

Also works 1:1 in vanilla with the savestate I got for that so not a specific problem of the hack.
I just have to cast any spell from the current ring menu and game is gone.

Edited by praetarius5018

This sounds like a different problem than the one I had, since mine didn't actually black screen or reset, just froze the screen while the music kept going

Edited by Kei

Depending on which spell I use I get simple game reset or eternal black screen with audio, a spell which I don't have may have your result though, just a guess.

1 hour ago, praetarius5018 said:

Depending on which spell I use I get simple game reset or eternal black screen with audio, a spell which I don't have may have your result though, just a guess.

I didn't really cast anything when it froze though, It just happened as soon as I opened the ring menu (which didn't even finish opening), that's why I thought it was a different problem. I'll pay attention to see if it happens again and get a save state if it does

Don't bother, even if I have a log+savestate of where it does go wrong 100% if I just finish selecting the spell this is useless as this is beyond what I can track down.

It seems to be "random" interaction of several factors.
Hacking the newly frozen enemies with weapons sometimes crashes immediatly, sometimes it takes 20 whacks before it happens.
In fact I can even just wait around for some time...

New dumb idea:
it is related to multiple status effects ending at the same time on enemies.
If I aoe cast cold blaze on the party it wears off 1 by 1 and everything is fine.
If I aoe cast it on enemies 2 try to unfreeze at the same time and shit breaks.
If I cast CB on one vulnerable enemy and then on a 2nd the game survives as the first enemy unfreezes immediatly...

I assume that sleep is safe else that would be super obvious via MT sleep flower.

I still hate this game.
Can you think of any relevance with that to your crashes?

3 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

Can you think of any relevance with that to your crashes?

Not for mine, it just happened once for me on Dangaard 4th phase, Kevin was beating him up with Moon Saber on and we know how messy that can get, so I just figured the game couldn't handle all the information between those hits, Dangaard trying to cast his spells and me spamming to open the menu while the text from the buffs I had casted was still resolving. Was more of a hardlock than a crash, so I don't think it has anything to do with the snowman problem...

Dangaard is a very special case..
I had it once where I levelled up from the first form and when the second wanted to start I had to wait like 10 minutes (2 minutes of fast forwarding) until the level up was resolved.

Wait, have I set its exp gain to 0 to prevent that? Shoulda do that in case that's not the case...

6 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

Dangaard is a very special case..
I had it once where I levelled up from the first form and when the second wanted to start I had to wait like 10 minutes (2 minutes of fast forwarding) until the level up was resolved.

Wait, have I set its exp gain to 0 to prevent that? Shoulda do that in case that's not the case...

He's still giving exp, I leveled up once between first and second phase, but that wasn't what crashed it for me (it did lag A LOT though). Maybe set it so only the 4th phase gives exp and set the other phases to 0?

By the way I also tried to resolve the lock by fast-forwarding, but waited just like 40 seconds and gave up. I'll do that if it happens again so I don't have to reset the entire fight, lol

1 hour ago, Kei said:

He's still giving exp, I leveled up once between first and second phase, but that wasn't what crashed it for me (it did lag A LOT though). Maybe set it so only the 4th phase gives exp and set the other phases to 0?

can't, 1&3 and 2&4 use the same data, so you could still level up from the 2nd in the 3rd phase and receive the massive lag there

7 hours ago, Serafie1999AD said:

The Snowman status is likely the problem. When I was going through the Labyrinth of Ice Walls on my previous playthrough, I started to use save states after every battle after having 5 crashes in the dungeon, all of them after a character was hit by a Snowm status.

There needs to be more going on in those cases than described, I've had character now be punching bags for frost dragons with their on hit snowman state (which they shouldn't even have but w/e) and aside from game over no resets.

Edited by praetarius5018

4 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

can't, 1&3 and 2&4 use the same data, so you could still level up from the 2nd in the 3rd phase and receive the massive lag there

That's a bummer, but I guess it's safer to just set his xp to 0 then. Maybe increase his gold drop a bit more to compensate? I still don't know how much he drops though so maybe it's not necessary.

IIRC Dangaard drop the most gold out of all the god beast.

9 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

There needs to be more going on in those cases than described, I've had character now be punching bags for frost dragons with their on hit snowman state (which they shouldn't even have but w/e) and aside from game over no resets.

Snowman statut is weird, I also got several time a glitch of having a character permanently Snowmaned, like the statut wouldn't wear off even by changing area, and no way to heal it.

Also on ennemies there is a weird glitch that can happen with spike damage where a ennemy get poison, snowmaned and silence at the same time by having his damage reflected, even tough there is nothing that should this statut, what's funnier is the color palette for the ennemy get completly change once he get out of the snowman, and the bubble for the silence effect is orange instead of white.

The game froze again during the Dragon Emperor fight, I simply used a healing item while the Dragon Emperor was getting ready to cast Spiral Moon. The music is still playing, just the screen is frozen.

No savestate was used.

Edited by smileless

6 hours ago, Nesouk said:

Also on ennemies there is a weird glitch that can happen with spike damage where a ennemy get poison, snowmaned and silence at the same time by having his damage reflected, even tough there is nothing that should this statut, what's funnier is the color palette for the ennemy get completly change once he get out of the snowman, and the bubble for the silence effect is orange instead of white.

That should be impossible, the game isn't equipped to handle multi status effects in any way - well, in a sane way at least.
Where would those statuses come from?

(vanilla) needle birds are vulnerable to snowman.
the game crashes when it tries to revert the snowman back to the bird sprite.
gg.

so... what else have you all snowman'd that was followed by crashes?

Edited by praetarius5018