praetarius5018

Seiken Densetsu 3 Sin of Mana - Discussion

971 posts in this topic

I think I am doing a lot better this time playing this version than I did 2.0, I just had to get out of the zone of just using techs mindlessly and have at least one character conserve TP's for items, and also the variety of equipment.

Tzenker is still a bitch fight if she decides to get out of reach but it wasn't as bad this time around.

My next run will probably be back on Normal difficulty like I used to play mostly.

5 hours ago, smileless said:

I think I am doing a lot better this time playing this version than I did 2.0, I just had to get out of the zone of just using techs mindlessly and have at least one character conserve TP's for items, and also the variety of equipment.

Does the bug from the vanilla game exist on this mod, where a character's tech bar can be depleted even without using a tech, if the other characters use techs?

43 minutes ago, Serafie1999AD said:

Does the bug from the vanilla game exist on this mod, where a character's tech bar can be depleted even without using a tech, if the other characters use techs?

Haven't seen it happen so far, only happened on Gildervines ultimate attack but I am guessing that intentional for the boss.

1 hour ago, smileless said:

Haven't seen it happen so far, only happened on Gildervines ultimate attack but I am guessing that intentional for the boss.

That has nothing to do with said bug, this is Gildervine's gimmick when he uses Spine Kinel he consumes TP of the characters to increase the damage of the attack, IIRC for each point remain the character damage are multiply by 1.25 (this stack multiplicaly so at Full TP you take about 7.45x more damage).

5 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

That has nothing to do with said bug, this is Gildervine's gimmick when he uses Spine Kinel he consumes TP of the characters to increase the damage of the attack, IIRC for each point remain the character damage are multiply by 1.25 (this stack multiplicaly so at Full TP you take about 7.45x more damage).

Man I am dumb, that explains a lot about the damage done to the party.

Can cursed equipment be equiped at lv 60? From what I have read in the document they can no longer be equiped at 61 and above, I equiped a cursed equipment on a character at lv60 but it didn't teach the intended spell, and I can't unequip it.

Edited by smileless

The character are limited to 10 spells, if already have 10 spells and equipped one ring that teach spell, you will learn nothing.

23 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

The character are limited to 10 spells, if already have 10 spells and equipped one ring that teach spell, you will learn nothing.

Will the character learn still all the 10 intended spells if you equip that item before learning those spells?

33 minutes ago, smileless said:

Will the character learn still all the 10 intended spells if you equip that item before learning those spells?

The ring spell take one spell slot totally, meaning if you plan to give a character one you only have 9 spell slot left to fill, in other words instead of giving up on 2 of the 12 potential spells the character can learn, you have to give up to 3 (or 4 if for some reasons you plan to learn both Regeneration and Resistance on the same character), needless to say you must plan for it in your game plan if you want to get one of these spells.

Edited by Nesouk

7 hours ago, Nesouk said:

The ring spell take one spell slot totally, meaning if you plan to give a character one you only have 9 spell slot left to fill, in other words instead of giving up on 2 of the 12 potential spells the character can learn, you have to give up to 3 (or 4 if for some reasons you plan to learn both Regeneration and Resistance on the same character), needless to say you must plan for it in your game plan if you want to get one of these spells.

I see thanks for letting me know about that, helps me next time plan spells better.

For some reason physical attacks stopped connecting on Zable Fahr blue head, reminded me similarly of Genova in early versions of 2.0

8 minutes ago, smileless said:

For some reason physical attacks stopped connecting on Zable Fahr blue head, reminded me similarly of Genova in early versions of 2.0

I actually notice that for some reasons the Blue Head death seems to be delayed, between the time it's HP drop to 0 and it dies (become gray), it take sometime and he can still act and damage you in the process. Another bug I reported on Discord is that when the Blue Head stop taking damage, you can't hit the Red one with physical, for some reason when attacking the character faces toward the opposite direction, missing all their hits as the result.

Spoiler

The best way to deal with Mispolm seems with spell casting while filling TP through MP regeneration equipment, at least having one/two characters with that set while have the healer just sit back and heal. Much better equipment choice to deal with this boss fight, I like it.

9 hours ago, smileless said:
  Hide contents

The best way to deal with Mispolm seems with spell casting while filling TP through MP regeneration equipment, at least having one/two characters with that set while have the healer just sit back and heal. Much better equipment choice to deal with this boss fight, I like it.

Spoiler

Yeah that's the safest way, if you want more safety, take control of your character with a shield, wait for when he try to grab you, and just run around while you cast spell with the other party member, and they do the work with TP Regeneration and LV2/3 tech.

Also equipping both MindStatut Res helm and BodyStatut Res armor for statut effect protection.

Man the Black Rabite still remains the most painful fight in the game, I find dealing with it harder than any boss, my least favorite fight, majority of the times I switch to easy difficulty just for that, and I still manage to lose, in the end I still beat it.

Spoiler

Thorn armor or curse to get him to kill himself, is there any other safer way around that fight?

Well this is how I did it on Hard last time I fight him without Damage Reflection :

To sum it up, having the Trials Skills ring help, Black Rabite's Critical Hit are a bitch to deal with so having either Trials Skiils or a high Luck with Crit Resist accessory help, I basically did most of the work Solo with Duelist, the Life Saver armor is a HUGE help to survive and you can see on the video it save my ass a couple of time, I also use RPSChamp strat of casting a saber resisted my Duelist on him really his physical are the most deadly thing here anything that reduce them is welcomed.

I only revive the other member if I needed them, mainly for reapply Buff/debuff, also if you have someone like Nightblade with a spell that inflict Poison it's really helpfull to deal with the Great Demons he summoned, and also number 1 rule NEVER and I mean NEVER stop moving, if you stop moving and get caught in his combo he will most likely kill you.

EDIT : Now that I think about it Life Saver Armor + MP Drain (either from Gear or Leaf Saber) might a good way to deal with him.

Edited by Nesouk

2 hours ago, Nesouk said:

Well this is how I did it on Hard last time I fight him without Damage Reflection :

To sum it up, having the Trials Skills ring help, Black Rabite's Critical Hit are a bitch to deal with so having either Trials Skiils or a high Luck with Crit Resist accessory help, I basically did most of the work Solo with Duelist, the Life Saver armor is a HUGE help to survive and you can see on the video it save my ass a couple of time, I also use RPSChamp strat of casting a saber resisted my Duelist on him really his physical are the most deadly thing here anything that reduce them is welcomed.

I only revive the other member if I needed them, mainly for reapply Buff/debuff, also if you have someone like Nightblade with a spell that inflict Poison it's really helpfull to deal with the Great Demons he summoned, and also number 1 rule NEVER and I mean NEVER stop moving, if you stop moving and get caught in his combo he will most likely kill you.

EDIT : Now that I think about it Life Saver Armor + MP Drain (either from Gear or Leaf Saber) might a good way to deal with him.

Awesome fight. What filter are you using? The text is a little funky, but everything else looks great :-)

On 28/05/2021 at 9:20 PM, rpschamp said:

Awesome fight. What filter are you using? The text is a little funky, but everything else looks great :-)

A bit late but with Prae and you mentionning the text looks weird on my side I decide to search the emulator config a bit, admitadly I barely touch them since a very long time ^^, but I found how to fix the text my initial config was this :

60c0f2c37e710_EmulatorSetting.jpg.be9a68bdf4dc237b283e3f6a7ad12456.jpg

Which make the text look like this when I open the item menu :

Spoiler

60c0f350eacaa_EmulatorTest.thumb.jpg.5dbb5f6e2037bcd70c3a964bde5be82d.jpg

Turns out the reason the text looks funky was simply because I didn't turn on the Hi Resolution Support option once I turn it on here how it looks :

Spoiler

60c0f405ea469_EmulatorTest2.thumb.jpg.1340d659f188c1bedccb6ec4b099e31d.jpg

So here you go that problem is fix, I think the reason that feature was turned off in the first off in the first place is because my previous computer was complete garbage and this feature was making it lag like crazy, and when I change my computer I transfer everything and keep it as it was, and never thought of putting that option on ^^"

Also I want to talk about my Black Rabite video, cause I realise it was bad, at that point I hadn't catch that Anti-Magic was change to turn immunity/absorption into normal resistance, so I did use Saint Saber on Duran for the Great Demon, but this was a mistake as it reduce the damage he was dealing to black rabite by 50%, so basically the fight could have been much faster, I'm actually considering recording again to show a better fight now ^^, same for Dragon Emperor this is another fight I feel could have been faster.

Best way for Black Rabite is definitly having Leaf Saber and coming on a Dryad Day since he is neutral against Moon and Leaf Saber, Moon Saber is an alternative. Also another mistake is I forget to Deadly Weapon with Nightblade at the beginning, would have avoid having to go through his mid sequence twice due to Revenge Heal.

Edited by Nesouk

I'm having a great time with this hack, but I've encountered a problem. After the alchemist tells us to find gunpowder and then vanishes, the scene outside his house where the party deliberates how to find it and resolves to ask around town doesn't occur; thus the guy who's supposed to tell the party to go to the dwarves is still talking about King Richard, and there's no option to use Lumina at the statue in the Cleft of the Earth. For some reason, the town of Maia now plays the same music as is normally played on the Golden Road.

My emulator is SNES9x v1.53-1240, and my party is Duran, Angela, and Carlie.

24 minutes ago, Majora4Prez said:

I'm having a great time with this hack, but I've encountered a problem. After the alchemist tells us to find gunpowder and then vanishes, the scene outside his house where the party deliberates how to find it and resolves to ask around town doesn't occur; thus the guy who's supposed to tell the party to go to the dwarves is still talking about King Richard, and there's no option to use Lumina at the statue in the Cleft of the Earth. For some reason, the town of Maia now plays the same music as is normally played on the Golden Road.

My emulator is SNES9x v1.53-1240, and my party is Duran, Angela, and Carlie.

This has been reported multiple time, it seems to really be just a ROM/Emulator issue, on snes9x v1.53 and never get that issue.

19 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

This has been reported multiple time, it seems to really be just a ROM/Emulator issue, on snes9x v1.53 and never get that issue.

over like 20 playthroughs giving me plenty of other bug reports...

19 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

over like 20 playthroughs giving me plenty of other bug reports...

cutie-kittie-im-sorry-meme.jpg