praetarius5018

Seiken Densetsu 3 Sin of Mana - Discussion

971 posts in this topic

On 9/30/2021 at 3:09 PM, praetarius5018 said:

Can you send me your savefile (.srm)?

What is the best way to send you a file? I should be able to get you this sometime next week.

ok, so result is:
"bad" base rom (CRC32 91C3925D).

I found like a dozen different rom versions of just SD3.
one working rom has CRC32 863ED0B8

no idea what the difference in that bad rom is, the event works until I patch over it

yes. he had something that was equivalent to an [h4] version I found and with that at least the bon voyage event doesn't work after patching.
no idea what exactly is different there but if something important is off by one byte somewhere it ofc won't fit.

Thanks for your help figuring this out. I'm confirming that switching the rom solved the problem on my end. In fact, I found a more recent [!] version in an updated archive, tested it, and am moving forward with that. Restarting for a fresh srm to be sure.

I've found that's this game works best for me with BSNES v115 (Byuu's final release).

Capstone question: Are Capstones applied based on stats coming into level 60, or stats at level 60 after assigning your stat point? (i.e., which happens first, the stat increase or the Capstone?)

Example: Hawk, Level 59 Rogue with 14 STR, 22 AGI, 15 VIT, 18 INT, 22 PIE, 23 LUK reaches Level 60 and assigns one stat point to PIE. Will he get the LUK Capstone, since his LUK was the highest when he hit Level 60, or will he get the PIE Capstone, since his PIE is now the highest and the top-most after the stat point increase?

Edited by rpschamp

Every playthrough, I come away from the fight against Gildervine confused about how the damage of Spined Kelp is calculated. Is there a gimmick associated with it, and how do I minimize its damage? This time, it's taking out most if my team in one hit at full HP.

9 hours ago, rpschamp said:

Oh my God it's fucking Tech Points, isn't it.... Wow how many playthroughs and I haven't figured this out until now!

correct, damage gets x1.25 for every single TP

Hello praetarius

I ran into equipment issues with the ring in Free City of Maia (one of the first ones in the game after a boat ride) which gives you Spell Regen.

I tried the specific ring on different characters, and everyone I equip it on, I'm not able to unequip it/exchange it for something else. It's like the slot with it gets locked.

My party consists of Duran, Kevin and Charlie and Duran was the first I equipped it on. I did notice some additional text coming up when purchasing one of the accessories, but I accidentally skipped this - maybe it spoke about this?

Am I missing something obvious? I tried pressing different buttons, both when in the menu for selecting another item and when the slot is marked.

I should note that I've changed the difficulty and then continued a savefile, and I haven't read anything about this, if it causes issues or not - basically Hard diff. was too hardcore for me personally in the early game, but it became a lot more balanced once you as a player had the opportunity to equip accessories according to your character's strengths and your own playstyle.

Thank you so much for making this mod.

It brings a lot of appreciated variety to the game and it has a lot of potential.

Cheers

image.png.9e449dccea0fabfdf26383668cff3793.png

I see... Is there any other method planned for the future?

E.g. Equipping such an item makes only one slot equippable.

Basically since I can't exchange it whatsoever and didn't rotate saves at first means I'll have to start a new save. 

I've run into a major problem where stat buffs and debuffs aren't working.... I've tested spells (Power Up, Defense Up, Deadly Weapon, Cutter Missile) and items (Porobin Oil) and nothing seems to have any effect, most clearly with the MaxHP-altering spells/items, but also by monitoring damage after Attack/Defense-altering spells. I started with a verified unpatched ROM and the only patches I applied are the main patch (2.060), normal difficulty, and no pop-up messages - and even though there are no pop-up messages, I'm still getting status effects (e.g. Poison) from status-inducing spells or attacks. I've tried changing my equipment around but nothing seems to help. Has anyone else reported a problem like this?

15 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

Whenever that character inflicts "yellow" damage (e.g. crits), they heal a few HP.

I figured it'd be something like that, is just that I had HP steal and yellow damage heal for hawkeye at the same time so didn't realize it until a while, nice mechanic, still not yet at the benevodons and I'm afraid I wont understand the mechanics they have, but so far it's very fun, playing on easy makes me feel like a wuss

Edited by Revofus