CJ_Sucks_at_life

Droprate for tonberry dolls?

5 posts in this topic

What is the drop rate for tonberry dolls from normal tonberries? I've killed about 20-30 and I haven't gotten a single one. I have the item collector from the general shy guy fight if that means anything. (also does any one happen to know were the last lake guardian is? The one that when you find it will go to the purple room in booster pass.)

Normal Tonberries have a 25% drop rate for tonberry dolls (regardless of item collector), but only if you have inventory space.

You can find the lake guardians in the forest maze ("treasure" stump), tadpole pond (east), and bandit's way (at the very end).  I don't remember which is which, though.

yes the tonberry doll is something you get where it also gives you your coins and exp points and it is random if you get the item at 25 percent. If your inventory is full then you will not get anything. I notice at some point you should not have full inventory. I try to not get all my found illusions right away when I can get them I skip by them and come back later and get them. Of course if yoshi gives me one at mario pad well that is just a bonus out of my control. 

Make a savestate just before you're about to kill the tonberry then kill it, if it doesn't drop the item during the reward screen then go back to the state you saved and do it again until you get the doll. This doesn't work for items like gambler spirit, healing spring, twin stars, dark matter, golden flower, and twilight flower though as these items have a chance to be given once you leave the battle screen entirely.