Sign in to follow this  
Romi

Such an amazing work

3 posts in this topic

Hey,

I just wanna thank you guys for the amazing work you've done.

Contrary to what one would expect, I've never finished my playthrough of ff6 vanilla, started years ago and never finished. By the time I got to the WoR, every character being able to equip (almost) everything, magics builds being staple, a bunch of spells I've never used, and just so much more... I guess in part reminds me a bit of the vanilla version of ff12, where everyone could do anything. Welp, that's not the case here.

For my endgame party, I remember using Terra, Cyan, Edgar and Shadow. Terra spamming Ultimas (even unmorphed the damage was pretty nice), Cyan being a brick wall (especially after the cover mechanic you guys implemented), Edgar being an amazing dragoon and Shadow just there to throw Reraises and Ethers like crazy. Overall, I'm really satisfied with what you did with Cyan (maybe not the bipolar personality, or maybe that's just the fun in it). He's gonne from an almost boring character in vanillla ff6 to an amazing asset: needs healing? Cure, Cure2, Life. What if my MP runs out? Just Empower your way out of it. And he's also an amazing bodyguard! I think the only thing is, he's slow. Well, from someone wearing lots of heavy armor and carrying gigantic swords (at least that's how I imagine it) what would you expect?

Overall, I'm super thankful for what you guys did,

Spoiler

and the "secret password" thingie was just the tip of the cake. After a long, arduous battle... I couldn't expect less.

Welp, I guess that's it. I'm just really really grateful. Thank you guys for the truly amazing work. ^_^

Actually, it's pretty common to hear people say that they lost interest in FF6 around the WoR. It seems like a frequent stopping point for a lot of players. The hard genre shift doesn't seem to resonate so well with people expecting a straight-up JRPG, and the character homogeneity really starts coming into play around then. God help you if you're a completionist.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it. Toss a vote in the MVP thread if you haven't already. Thanks for playing.

Back in the day, the pseudo-open World of Ruin was my favorite part of the game.  I eventually made a save on my cartridge at the start of WoR or getting the airship so I could experiment.  (I finished FFVI from the start a buncha times.  I even played through WoB in one day without saving, then let the game destroy that data after turning off the system so as to preserve my 3 better save files.)

And letting Sabin (my favorite character at the time) learn everything was, to me, a feature and a perk!