RonBless

Golden Flower

29 posts in this topic

How the hack to you beat the golden flower

HP 30,000

has the ability to heal by 9999 after you atk it

How do you beat it

Deal more than 9999 at once, of course :sir:

In case you're not aware, the cap for displaying damage is 9999, but you can deal much more with certain attacks.

Edited by Doomsday31415

use the galaxy shroom on peach and mario before you attack her. also start off with a chaos grenade from someoen who is equipped with a spped bracker. You get spped bracker for winning the game vs fake mallow when he is trying to peck you to death in nimbus land. Also getting 3 diamond mail to work from the random battle in the sea from the invisble monster (I forget what they are called but its the first room you enter after you fall down. It helps to have the battle mania from beating the shy guy at booster way to have 3 times as many chances. Keep battling until you get 3 diamond mail. I owuld also try to have a magic ring on mario as well and use his ultra flame on the enemy when you are trying for golden flower. Golden flower drops will be rare also so save before the battle and do save state abuse if you want. I will not lie I have done that to just move things along. 

Auctally state abuse doesn't work. As the golden flower I think is a outside drop. which are determined before battle. Also demon mail/ demon mail + is a much better all around armour, the thunder armour helps in ceirtain fights though.

Things you need to beat or make golden flower run away:

1. (needed)Poison shroom/chaos grenade, poison shroom is easier to get since it can be bought in the town where jinx is. Ultra shroom shakes/ultra shrooms (optional)

2. Strong enough armor and high enough hp to survive its attack (usually around 1200+hp)

3. Peach ultima and/or mallow dark star(if mallow's dark star can't deal 9999+ damage at this point in your playthrough then don't use him. If you have it, use bowser with a trooper pin with mario equipped with speed bracer so you can set up better for peach ultima)

Save state at the ending area of rose way before you encounter the flower, find it and start the battle, poison it then use either ultima or darkstar only (make sure you get the timing right and do not attack the flower with anything else), pray the whole party doesn't get one shotted and if you don't, heal and repeat. With the poison active you should either kill the flower or make it run away within 2-3 turns if things go well for you. After the battle when you return to rose way you'll have a chance to receive a golden flower. If you don't get it then reset your save state and retry until you get the flower, then after that you can either increase fp or trade it to daisy for a safety ring which is a better ribbon (must do the daisy ring sidequest before you can trade her golden flowers)

NOTE!: Buffing your defense does not reduce golden flowers damage which is why I say ultra shrooms/ultra s.shakes are optional.

Edited by Darkcelestrian

35 minutes ago, Darkcelestrian said:

NOTE!: Buffing your defense does not reduce golden flowers damage which is why I say ultra shrooms/ultra s.shakes are optional.

This isn't quite correct.  You do need the buff from somewhere.  Note that using a chaos grenade causes the fear status, which has the same effect as being buffed.

Also, don't attack the flower until the poison has worn off, or you'll be dealing about half damage.

Edited by Doomsday31415

I know chaos grenades cause fear, they're also a pain to create if your in the mood for farming gold flowers and you'll most likely have only the one Rikku gave you, plus they're not necessary for kill/force fleeing gold flowers.

I've always done 9999+ damage with ultimas while they're poisoned so I guess it's either exactly 9999 or slightly above it. Waiting for poison to wear off is not good unless you have ribbons on everyone or ribbonsx2 with daisy ring for peach since its attacks cause status effects you.

Edited by Darkcelestrian

Right, I'm saying if you don't use a chaos grenade (they're a pain to farm after all), you'll need to get your buffs elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Right, I'm saying if you don't use a chaos grenade (they're a pain to farm after all), you'll need to get your buffs elsewhere.

Yeah well personal preference for me, I'm not wasting all that time just to farm master tonberries (which are annoying enough to fight on their own unless your already packing good armor and weapons) for dark matters, then farming regular tonberries for gamblers just to make chaos nades just for gold flower. If for super bosses yes, twillight flower yeah, but not gold flowers. Chaos the only thing that will reduce damage from my experience farming amazy dayzee's but that's about it. You can buff your damage or use hm guards to prevent status if you really want to use something other than poison shrooms that's why I said buffs are optional

Edited by Darkcelestrian

Again, fearing the opponent is the same thing as buffing yourself.  They don't stack.

No one said anything about stacking.

9 minutes ago, Darkcelestrian said:

You can buff your damage or use hm guards to prevent status if you really want to use something other than poison shrooms that's why I said buffs are optional

A poison shroom doesn't cause fear.  You'll need to buff yourself in addition to it.

A poison shroom doesn't cause fear.  You'll need to buff yourself in addition to it.

You don't *have* to buff yourself, you can if you want to be safer but you don't *have* to do it.

2 minutes ago, Darkcelestrian said:

You don't *have* to buff yourself, you can if you want to be safer but you don't *have* to do it.

You don't have to do a lot of things.  But it's a good idea.

If you do it right, you can knock out an Amazy Dayzee in a single turn.

You don't have to do a lot of things.  But it's a good idea.

If you do it right, you can knock out an Amazy Dayzee in a single turn.

Ok. A good idea if you have so that much time to farm stuff over and over.

A single turn using?

Edited by Darkcelestrian

3 minutes ago, Darkcelestrian said:

Ok. A good idea if you have so that much time to farm stuff over and over.

A single turn using?

Bowser w/ Troopa Pin uses an Ultra Shroom Shake, Peach uses Ultima, and Mario uses Ultra Flame.

If you're strong enough, you can probably just give Mario the Magistral Ring and have him use Ultra Flame to trigger the run away.

Bowser w/ Troopa Pin uses an Ultra Shroom Shake, Peach uses Ultima, and Mario uses Ultra Flame.

If you're strong enough, you can probably just give Mario the Magistral Ring and have him use Ultra Flame to trigger the run away.

How strong are we talking?

Edited by Darkcelestrian

3 minutes ago, Darkcelestrian said:

How strong are we talking?

Don't know exactly what you need, but post Galaxy shell should do it.

Don't know exactly what you need, but post Galaxy shell should do it.

Post galaxy shell o.o?! Jesus christ why wait that long to farm for gold flowers, what do you use triple stars for all the boss fights?

Edited by Darkcelestrian

1 minute ago, Darkcelestrian said:

Post galaxy shell o.o?! Jesus christ why wait that long to farm for gold flowers, what do you use triple stars for all the boss fights?

Who said anything about waiting that long?  I just said it could be done, not that it was worthwhile.

The point is that you don't need to farm any special items or do anything fancy... you just need to be buffed and use powerful (preferably fire) spells.

Who said anything about waiting that long?  I just said it could be done, not that it was worthwhile.

The point is that you don't need to farm any special items or do anything fancy... you just need to be buffed and use powerful (preferably fire) spells.

Galaxy shell= After completing the whole boss rush which is like one of the last things you'll do in the hack. I was assuming this was like sometime early around like getting the dragon armors/ dragon armor+'s and working your way up from there. Thinking at that point mario would have at the best luigi's hammer or galaxy hammer, maybe ultima hammer. Magistral ring I'll buy since chac is not hard to beat at that point, but is mario's ultra flame strong enough to accomplish a runaway at that point in the game?

Edited by Darkcelestrian

5 minutes ago, Darkcelestrian said:

Galaxy shell= After completing the whole boss rush which is like one of the last things you'll do in the hack. I was assuming this was like sometime early around like getting the dragon armors/ dragon armor+'s and working your way up from there. Thinking at that point mario would have at the best luigi's hammer or galaxy hammer, maybe ultima hammer. Magistral ring I'll buy since chac is not hard to beat at that point, but is mario's ultra flame strong enough to accomplish a runaway at that point in the game?

You get a magistral ring in Nimbus Land, don't you?

I don't know if at that point Mario's Ultra Flame is enough alone, which is why I said Ultra Flame + Ultima.

You get a magistral ring in Nimbus Land, don't you?

I don't know if at that point Mario's Ultra Flame is enough alone, which is why I said Ultra Flame + Ultima.

I obviously didn't mean ultra flame alone but ok, I guess that is a way to deal with amazy dayzee's.