Sign in to follow this  
Richard

Help! I'm a total noob to this

4 posts in this topic

Long time FF3 rom player, first time rom patcher. I have a clean FF3 rom, downloaded LunarIPS to patch the game, but when I patch it the game doesnt load in ZSNES.

I'm a total noob to this. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to download a copy of the game file that is ready to play?

We can't provide a ROM for you to play. The best I can say is to read the installation instructions again and make sure you're patching the correct .ips to the correct ROM

For future newbies, when patching FF6, you have to keep track of whether the rom is headered or headerless and use the appropriate patch. BNW includes patches for both rom types, so that makes things easier.

In addition to that, if you have an OS that is 64 bit, you can download a program known as Headerizer that can change various patches and make them headered or headerless as desired. While this isn't strictly needed for BNW, it is a useful tool for those getting into modding of FF6 and/or wanting to add more to BNW. Here's a link for that.

http://l33t5k37ch3r.altervista.org/headerizer.html