Fein-Life

SpeedRun Questions

68 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Fein-Life said:

What's keeping you from doing HM runs?

Lack of competition, coupled with the length of the run.  Not to mention I'm not speedrunning anything right now...

1 minute ago, Fein-Life said:

I'm struggling with arrow Head...

I haven't played hard mode in years.  If you were streaming, it might be easier to see what you're talking about :alone:

I'm started setting up streaming capabilities. Apparently you can use a reflector to stream from your phone - to your computer - to twitch.

I'm restarting the run again.. too many savestatess trying to figure out if it's possible to beat these assholes on a low level. The axem rangers are very hard on level 12 and requires some RNG luck because of Dark... Punchinello requires perfect blocking.. I feel like after that, the last real hard battle is crate and grate guy, and maybe the cake only because of the high damage. Once you get peach it's fairly easy.

Then, it's trying to find a way to beat smithy without the Celebi route.. I'm not sure if it's possible though.

Considering in the easy mode speedrun Punchinello is tough and Axem Black can just destroy you, I'm not surprised.

The cake is also far harder, due to a combination of healing two candles per turn and using dark attacks...

But yeah, once you've cleared that, you can just get the Siren and farm Gold Dragons until you're whatever level will be needed to set up for Smithy.

I find that the mine kart and Midas falls and booster hill are hard... How did you get so good at them - especially 13 flowers at the hill

And why was 13 flowers so important, why was 60 coins so important (I understand there's an extra text box over 60(

Edited by Fein-Life

2 hours ago, Fein-Life said:

I find that the mine kart and Midas falls and booster hill are hard... How did you get so good at them - especially 13 flowers at the hill

And why was 13 flowers so important

Just practicing them.  As far as the number of flowers, in my route you need a certain number of flowers in order to cast all the spells.  There are backup flowers, but they take time to get.

2 hours ago, Fein-Life said:

why was 60 coins so important (I understand there's an extra text box over 60(

You just answered your own question :kappa:

Doomsday, Would you be able to send me your Speedrunning template you use or show me where you get it from? I don't know where to find one or how to make it yet. (P.s. the one that shows your times)

44 minutes ago, Fein-Life said:

Doomsday, Would you be able to send me your Speedrunning template you use or show me where you get it from? I don't know where to find one or how to make it yet. (P.s. the one that shows your times)

You mean Live Split?

http://livesplit.github.io/

Edited by Doomsday31415

On 5/9/2018 at 11:55 AM, Doomsday31415 said:

You'd have to beat General Guy for that.

That's a much shorter run than I thought it was.  Might have to give it a whirl.

When exactly does time start and end?

If I recall correctly, the battle scene starts as soon as you press "yes" on which ever rush you wish to do??  so time would start then.   and if i recall, each rush takes you through each fight and doesnt pop up with a victory box till the very end of the final fight?  so you would split when transitioning back to Bowser's Keep, just like you would split for any other normal fight.  (correct me if im wrong with some of this info, its been a while since i did the rush)

Edited by WolfBladeEJ89