Fein-Life

To DarkKefka:

15 posts in this topic

Mr. Kefka, for the love of God, PLEASE put a boss in 9.0 called R.N.Gesus and make it incredibly savestate af. 

Thoughts?

40 minutes ago, Fein-Life said:

Side, topic, but do you have a stream?

My stream is the same name as here: Doomsday31415.  I stream various games every Saturday at noon PST.  Currently doing Super Metroid.

All that aside, I do plan to stream v9 when it comes out...

Ozma was surprisingly one of the only bosses I didnt savestate abuse on. I never got 9999'd from his meteor surprisingly (might have been from demon mail, but I dont know if that counts as a mortal blow)

6 minutes ago, CJ_Sucks_at_life said:

Ozma was surprisingly one of the only bosses I didnt savestate abuse on. I never got 9999'd from his meteor surprisingly (might have been from demon mail, but I dont know if that counts as a mortal blow)

It doesn't.  Also, the 9999 rate is lower on easy mode.

Ozma was easy for me. But I also was way overpowered.

I've never tried easy mode either so idk the difference other than from watching your speedrun gameplay.

I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate the lazy shell into my speedrun

Sorry for the late reply. There was once a boss in v.8 that was pretty much like that, but she was too much luck based to the point where auto-life was created. There will e plenty of RNG based fights for you to deal with once hard mode is out.

5 hours ago, Darkkefka said:

Sorry for the late reply. There was once a boss in v.8 that was pretty much like that, but she was too much luck based to the point where auto-life was created. There will e plenty of RNG based fights for you to deal with once hard mode is out.

Awesome! Do you have a release date? And can you add more spells than 5 to the mages? And last but not least, can you make Geno meteor better or easier to critical with?

3 hours ago, Fein-Life said:

Awesome! Do you have a release date? And can you add more spells than 5 to the mages? And last but not least, can you make Geno meteor better or easier to critical with?

Release date is iffy since I'm pretty sure he wants to fix some things and iron out as many bugs as he can find before then. I don't think he can add 5 more spells, idk it looks like dk and doomsday are pushing the game to its limits in terms of things to change/add in. For geno, I thought his meteor was on par with mallows dark star.

Meteor is very hard to critical for Max damage and it doesn't have a sound that let's u time it better.

Characters can have more than 5 spells - I found this out when I had peach learn darkstar and Ultima, the game creates a second page.

58 minutes ago, Fein-Life said:

Characters can have more than 5 spells - I found this out when I had peach learn darkstar and Ultima, the game creates a second page.

There's a few issues with adding more than 6 spells.

• The first issue is the Special screen.  Unlike the battle menu, having more spells causes a buggy cursor that can scroll beyond the border of the box.
  • The second issue is the FP cost.  In case you haven't noticed, using a spell on the second page actually deducts FP based on the cost from the same spell on the first page.
  • The third and biggest issue comes down to space.  The game only has slots for about 30 ally spells, and many of those later slots have no existing animation.

In v9, we actually worked around the first issue and fixed the second in order to let certain characters have 7 spells.  However, that's the limit without a proper fix for the first issue.

On 5/11/2018 at 4:39 AM, Darkkefka said:

wasn't that Rosilina? I havn't fought her yet but from Doomsday's video I can tell she took a lot of luck to beat.