Sign in to follow this  
edale

BNW MSU-1 mod compatibility

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I've been working with Insidious611 on the Dancing Mad MSU-1 mod for FFVI. 

https://github.com/Insidious611/DancingMadFF6/releases

One of our testers decided to test compatibility with the BNW mod, and apparently it works great except for one thing. Something about the MSU-1 mod breaks something about the spellpoint system you've implemented. There are no ROM conflicts between the mods, so the most likely culprit is a RAM conflict.

Currently the Dancing Mad MSU-1 mod uses the following RAM addresses:

$1E20 - $1E26 and $7EF001

Could one of the coders of BNW check if these addresses are used by anything in BNW's spell point system?

Edited by edale

OK, so I apparently missed that @F-Bomb (the tester I mentioned) had already made a thread about the MSU-1 mod:

With more detailed info about the SP issue:

Shadow on the floating continent is not gaining SP. He is still gaining EL's and was able to learn the spell off of 'that relic' but not sp = no haste or float, which makes Atma a pain. He had 2 SP from the one fight he had near Thamasa so he already had learned Dispel. But for some reason he no longer gains SP.

Once in the WOR Celes' SP appeared to be behaving normally.

I'm just about to reach the cave in the veldt so hopefully the Shadow SP situation rectifies itself there.

Well it didn't fix itself. And now seems to be affecting Sabin aswell. But Edgar now has 75 SP, which is a bit weird considering the cap is 30.