Darkkefka

Version 9 optional Superboss hints

16 posts in this topic

Sorry for not posting here and for the lack of updates. That stops now.

I am now in the process of editing Frofucious's event to where he gives you a hint on how to find the optional superbosses. The order in which he gives you the hints is the recommended order in which you should fight them. Between life and sleep, and estimate this will take about 2 days, as I have LOT OF FLAGS to make.

of course this might be irrevelant when the game is out, as we could just put a guide right here. Most of them have not changed from version 8..except that now they are all hidden until Smithy is defeated.

Really excited to give this game a try. I don't know much about it (keeping myself somewhat in the dark for when I actually play the newest version), but I've been itching to play some more Mario RPG since Super Mario RPG Revolution. My thanks to everyone who's making this, and good luck!

Wouldn't it be better to just have a help post for how to do such and such thing like for the previous versions back on insane difficulty?

10 minutes ago, Darkcelestrian said:

Wouldn't it be better to just have a help post for how to do such and such thing like for the previous versions back on insane difficulty?

Would that be easier?  Yes.

Would that be better?  Not even close.

Not everyone who plays the game will want or even have the ability to check the forums for help.  There's also no guarantee the forum will always exist.  For example, try to find information on v7 now.

On top of the above, it's just sloppy design to expect the player to use an external site just to find out where the next challenge is.  It shouldn't have been the case in previous versions, and it won't be in this version.

On 14/05/2018 at 10:12 AM, Fein-Life said:

I prefer just clicking on the floating blue orb and getting slaughtered by larxene unknowingly

Don't worry, that's going to happen  A LOT to newcomers.

1 minute ago, Fein-Life said:

Is it possible to add font and window configs ?

If you're asking what I think you're asking, no, there's no in-game way to customize the font or window.

is it possible to remove the map function from the menu? tbh that is one of if not the most USELESS function that has remained since the hacks inception >.> and if it is removable what could, if anything be added in it's place?

24 minutes ago, LongSword25 said:

is it possible to remove the map function from the menu? tbh that is one of if not the most USELESS function that has remained since the hacks inception >.> and if it is removable what could, if anything be added in it's place?

It's possible, but I don't see any advantage to removing it at this point.

Edited by Doomsday31415

On 5/14/2018 at 3:14 PM, Doomsday31415 said:

Would that be easier?  Yes.

Would that be better?  Not even close.

Not everyone who plays the game will want or even have the ability to check the forums for help.  There's also no guarantee the forum will always exist.  For example, try to find information on v7 now.

On top of the above, it's just sloppy design to expect the player to use an external site just to find out where the next challenge is.  It shouldn't have been the case in previous versions, and it won't be in this version.

Actually yes it would be better since you can just go online, copy all the information you need then save it for whenever instead of having to go through the trouble of viewing hints in the first place. Kinda like the wiki for the terraria calamity mod https://calamitymod.gamepedia.com/Calamity_Mod_Wiki . That way even if you don't have access to the internet you'd still have everything you'd need to know to do whatever in the hack just like how it was for version 8 on insane difficulty before the site got screwed over. Way more convenient since you're going on an external site to even download the hack to begin with, might aswell have info regarding how to do such and such here aswell or make a wiki for it just incase the forums get fucked again. This is a hack of a nintendo game, not an 100% built from the ground up game that dk made on his own, if you don't have the info of an old version before it is possibly compromised then that's on you, not the ppl developing the hack.

Edited by Darkcelestrian

2 hours ago, Darkcelestrian said:

Actually yes it would be better since you can just go online, copy all the information you need then save it for whenever instead of having to go through the trouble of viewing hints in the first place. Kinda like the wiki for the terraria calamity mod https://calamitymod.gamepedia.com/Calamity_Mod_Wiki . That way even if you don't have access to the internet you'd still have everything you'd need to know to do whatever in the hack just like how it was for version 8 on insane difficulty before the site got screwed over. Way more convenient since you're going on an external site to even download the hack to begin with, might aswell have info regarding how to do such and such here aswell or make a wiki for it just incase the forums get fucked again. This is a hack of a nintendo game, not an 100% built from the ground up game that dk made on his own, if you don't have the info of an old version before it is possibly compromised then that's on you, not the ppl developing the hack.

Well, we're just going to disagree on this one.  Whether or not there's an online database with detailed help does not justify forcing the player to use it.