Fein-Life

Super Mario RPG Armageddon Turtorials

25 posts in this topic

I've decided to start tutorials, subscribe to my YouTube channel to follow and feel free to request video tutorials!

Hey guys, I've added several More tutorials, including how to farm frog coins, where and how to capture the lake guardians, and where to get 4 more Pokemon. This is far from finished!

So this is just based on personal experience, but youtube seems to hate facecams.  On the other hand, having subtitles is a good idea (something I should have done for my tutorial videos).

It'll be interesting to see what happens here with v9...

Edited by Doomsday31415

No, just facecams in general.  Also, poor audio quality will make a lot of people close the video almost immediately.

As far as the subtitles go, I meant actually having subtitles in the video, not adding them through youtube.  There might be some capabilities on youtube itself, but I haven't used them.

Although I agree with you, no one is going to close my videos on quality because on I'm the only real tutorial that exists for this game. Unless they Midway decide to search the deepweb in hopes (like I did) of finding information on stuff they don't even know exists...

As far as sound quality.. I intentionally was quiet because my gf was sleeping - my day time videos will be louder. Funny story though, I had to remake two videos because she started snoring in the background haha.

I personally enjoy facecam videos WAY more than raw footage only - and mandatory is a minimum of voice audio.

I will look into adding subtitles additionally for people without access to sound , I do think that's a great idea.

On an added note - people who are searching for end game content will enjoy this, whereas people who aren't may be more critical.

I personally found that this game (among other hacks) lacked SERIOUS thread information and SERIOUS video information.

Scouring endless stream videos just to find simple things out is annoying and usually ends with me back on Google - that is why I made these videos.

As time progresses I will certainly invest in higher quality Cam and mics.

I do appreciate yours, and everyone's, feedback.

@Doomsday31415 check this out - I added captions to one of my 10 minute videos.. It took almost an hour but I think it will be worth it overall.

Just press the captions button at the bottom of the video! Tell me your thoughts since it was your idea!

Definitely an improvement, although in the future it's better to have the video include the captions directly.  Reason being they're not just for people with sound turned off... it's to make it easier to tell what's being said.

Doomsday, I'd like to make a Rosalina tutorial but being as your strategy is optimal I'd like you to voice it. Is that possible or weird? Lol

1 hour ago, Fein-Life said:

Doomsday, I'd like to make a Rosalina tutorial but being as your strategy is optimal I'd like you to voice it. Is that possible or weird? Lol

In cases like these, I don't mind you describing my strategy.  Just credit me somewhere :alone:

Nice tutorial.  Too bad it doesn't help for the SNES Classic :(

P.S.: Weren't you supposed to stream today? :P

Edited by Doomsday31415

@Doomsday31415 how is it that all your characters have 1599 hp when you fought Xion when that's impossible to get? I've played through and maxed HP 5 times on hard mode and never had 1599 on all my characters.

20 minutes ago, Fein-Life said:

@Doomsday31415 how is it that all your characters have 1599 hp when you fought Xion when that's impossible to get? I've played through and maxed HP 5 times on hard mode and never had 1599 on all my characters.

1599 is the max HP each character will have at level 100 assuming you choose HP every level and don't do any level swaps.

1 hour ago, Doomsday31415 said:

1599 is the max HP each character will have at level 100 assuming you choose HP every level and don't do any level swaps.

For those who give a fuck - I have an official Rosalina and Xion tutorial coming out soon! I've found an actual strategic and consistent way of defeating Xion (Above 50% of the time). Rosalina is easy but requires a VERY specific set up (the strategy is thanks to Doomsday!). The XION strategy is the only variation I've found that allows me to be her at least half of the time... every other strategy is 25% to 18% success. (Yes I've charted it).

On a side note: maybe tomorrow or Tuesday, I will begin the  - Hardmode 100% Xion - Of super Mario RPG armageddon v.8. I will stream the entire thing and I hope you tune in to watch at least parts of it! Its going to take (an estimated) 16-24 HOURS to complete.