Sign in to follow this  
ShadowNinja

I've got a problem with Shadow

10 posts in this topic

So, I just heard about this mod and hadn't played FF3 in ages and have been meaning to so I decided to try this. Shadow is one of my favorite characters and so I wanted to get him in the WoR. Well, I checked guides and they said you can find him in the cave on the Veldt. So I went there and when I get to the screen to fight Tiamat, I see Relm lying there and not Shadow which I thought was weird cuz in all of the videos it's Shadow lying there. So then I killed Tiamat and took Relm back to town where she sleeps there but I find no sign on Shadow anywhere. I never got the cut scene for him and he won't appear in the coliseum. I also went back to the cave and he's not there either. No clue what to do now on how to find him. Did my game get bugged or something or was this just a change because I did something in a different order? Help meh!

Did you pay close attention to the text before you jumped back onto the airship at the end of the Floating Continent?

Hopefully you’ve got a save state.

Hmm not sure what you mean?  I got to the end and it said "jump" or "I can't leave without shadow!" I tried to click that but nothing happened and I only had 10 seconds left so i just jumped

don't tell me I can't get Shadow now...

5 minutes ago, ShadowNinja said:

Hmm not sure what you mean?  I got to the end and it said "jump" or "I can't leave without shadow!" I tried to click that but nothing happened and I only had 10 seconds left so i just jumped

don't tell me I can't get Shadow now...

You have to let the time run out while at the very end where you can jump. Shadow shows up "Dramatically". If you jump before that point, then I'm sorry to say that he's dead. That said, if you do let him die, Relm gets Interceptor, the doggie gets a boost depending on how much Stamina Relm has, and the dog can now attack Floating enemies (he couldn't do this before).^_^

Wow, that's dumb. Kinda makes me wanna quit honestly. Totally forgot about that part I guess but meh. No way I'm restarting from scratch :/

Edited by ShadowNinja

There's some good news from this though, if Shadow dies then Relm gets Interceptor.  That's a 2nd evasion check, giving her two chances to dodge physical attacks.  Also, Relm's Interceptor attacks can hit flying enemies because BTB decided it would be that way.

21 hours ago, Satarack said:

There's some good news from this though, if Shadow dies then Relm gets Interceptor.  That's a 2nd evasion check, giving her two chances to dodge physical attacks.  Also, Relm's Interceptor attacks can hit flying enemies because BTB decided it would be that way.

Also because Relm's evasion sucks, it means more attacks by best doggo!

Relm's evasion is actually above average. It's just nowhere near as good as her father's.

Edited by BTB

So this just happened to me. I waited until the timer was at zero and then hit the button. Since this game has so many changes I just thought shadow would pop up later. Now I can't get him and it's basically sucked all the enjoyment out of the game. Anyone have a game genie code to get him back?