Vaylen

Clean vs Original

3 posts in this topic

Small question regarding a decision.

Which version is preferrable/what are the differences?
I don't mind strong language at all, but overuse of it can feel real bad and just... "forced".
Some info regarding this topic would be greatly appreciated. Also, can I switch between the two scripts on the fly or not?

Early on, the most common complaint was the amount of swearing in the script. Since so much of it was done in piecemeal fashion, we didn't realize how much of it there was until we did a text dump and ctrl+f'ed "fuck" For the next update, we went back over the entire thing and toned it down, pretty much doing away with any gratuitous language.

Clean New World was written as a personal "thank you" to Funnyman, one of our resident boy scouts and a longtime fan/supporter of the mod.

You can switch between the two all you want - all that changes between the two versions is the script.

Edited by BTB

11 minutes ago, BTB said:

Early on, the most common complaint was the amount of swearing in the script. Since so much of it was done in piecemeal fashion, we didn't realize how much of it there was until we did a text dump and ctrl+f'ed "fuck" For the next update, we went back over the entire thing and toned it down, pretty much doing away with any gratuitous language.

Clean New World was written as a personal "thank you" to Funnyman, one of our resident boy scouts and a longtime fan/supporter of the mod.

You can switch between the two all you want - all that changes between the two versions is the script.

Okay, thanks. I will use the original version then, see how I like it.