Sign in to follow this  
vonriel

Fixes/Optional Patches for the Current BNW

6 posts in this topic

Is there a single place to find them? Looking to start up a new run, but I'd like to browse some of the optional patches, and I'm not sure if there are any current bug-fixes floating around other than the one in the first post of Seibaby's Bug Report thread. I'm about to go digging through threads anyway just to see if there are any others, but it'd be great if I didn't have to.

If there isn't a single place, while I know there's already a few stickies, it would be lovely if there was another one dedicated to keeping these patches centered in one location.

Unfortunately we don't have a single unified area. There's an "add-ons" section that BNW has but BTB hasn't put any patches there yet.

The encounter patch was only put up for testing and there are many reports that it's likely not working as intended, so use at your own caution.

Outside of that stuff the most significant 'optional patches' are things like Nowea Hard Type or various sprite alterations/minor things that are not recommended for a new player.

I recommend digging up the alternate sprite patches for Terra and Celes, even for a new player. >_> A general ought be wearing armor, not some weird whatever.

1 hour ago, thzfunnymzn said:

I recommend digging up the alternate sprite patches for Terra and Celes, even for a new player. >_> A general ought be wearing armor, not some weird whatever.

I would support a patch that change everyone's clothes in WoR

Nowea, I can't tell if that's a jab at my lack of skill, or my lack of interaction that has you calling me a new player. Either way, I've had a fair few runs through BNW at this point, although I don't know that I'd ever run a hard mode patch for the game.

Shame that they're so spread out. I did find the encounter patch and another one that's supposed to fix the visual glitch with jump. I guess there's not much that needs patching in 1.9, though, which is hopefully awesome and not just indicative of bugs going unpatched. Looking through my downloads, I still have 4 separate patches for 1.8.5 laying around.

6 hours ago, vonriel said:

Nowea, I can't tell if that's a jab at my lack of skill, or my lack of interaction that has you calling me a new player. Either way, I've had a fair few runs through BNW at this point, although I don't know that I'd ever run a hard mode patch for the game.

Purely lack of interaction. Any personal jabs I do that are intentional are more obvious, usually.