Fein-Life

Honest opinion please

33 posts in this topic

Just a FYI, if you're the type that enjoys grinding, wait till you get access to Magicite then grind to your heart's content. It takes a lot of the challenge away, but everyone enjoys games differently and I had my fun doing a run of BNW where I was overleveled.

To my knowledge, the only AI changes caused by leveling are in the Narshe/Figaro area. Past that, grinding does what grinding does: making the game easier.

Not upset, just very confused. I do see a lot of players grind at the end of the game, but this is unexpected behavior for me.

23 hours ago, Fein-Life said:

I level up because later characters join at the average so it saves time . And poison one shots terra.. not a very good adjustment of AI. 

Definitely an anti grinding mechanic, although I'm sure it's accidental. Because it's almost impossible to get through the beginning cave without save states one you get to a certain level.. lols...

No. It’s not. Read what BTB said. 

5 hours ago, Fein-Life said:

Jeez. Didn't know I would upset so many people by grinding.

I didn't realize the level cap was only 50 and that the script adjusts the leveling average.

I am enjoying this game thoroughly though.

How do you use a randomizer? Final fantasy 4 had free Enterprise which randomized the game for you.

I've downloaded Python and I have no idea how to randomized BNW ,nor do I understand Python.. does anyone have a video of this using and Android phone?

Look at the boards, there's a randomizer stickied there. Didn't use it myself, though... Installation seems to be via an executable.

Just be aware that, especially for Espers and enemies, randomizing may be a bad idea. As Espers are now bound to characters and cannot be equipped by everyone, which Esper you get when makes a difference - for example, getting an Esper for the Thamasa duo while not getting them for awhile would suck, as would not getting an Esper for a character already in your party.
No idea how this randomizer works in detail and if you can choose what to randomize, but you definitely shouldn't randomize Espers for BNW and stuff like monster randomizing may have some annoying side-effects.

PS: Don't think anyone here is upset, just... confused, really.

Edited by Vaylen

17 minutes ago, Vaylen said:

Look at the boards, there's a randomizer stickied there. Didn't use it myself, though... Installation seems to be via an executable.

Just be aware that, especially for Espers and enemies, randomizing may be a bad idea. As Espers are now bound to characters and cannot be equipped by everyone, which Esper you get when makes a difference - for example, getting an Esper for the Thamasa duo while not getting them for awhile would suck, as would not getting an Esper for a character already in your party.
No idea how this randomizer works in detail and if you can choose what to randomize, but you definitely shouldn't randomize Espers for BNW and stuff like monster randomizing may have some annoying side-effects.

PS: Don't think anyone here is upset, just... confused, really.

It's not simply executable unfortunately. It requires the use of Python which is a program used for coding. If there was simply a link where I could drop my ROM in (like final fantasy 4 free Enterprise) then it would be no problem, but there's not. And I can't find any tutorials online on how to randomize roms. I'd love to play the one for this game as I've seen that one was created.

What the randomizer does is create a custom ROM, you have to supply the program with a base ROM, and it randomizes parts of the ROM based on what you tell it to randomize.  If you only want to randomize Espers, you can tell it that.  So you can choose to randomize everything, or randomize only specific things.  No python required.

2 minutes ago, Fein-Life said:

It's not simply executable unfortunately. It requires the use of Python which is a program used for coding. If there was simply a link where I could drop my ROM in (like final fantasy 4 free Enterprise) then it would be no problem, but there's not. And I can't find any tutorials online on how to randomize roms. I'd love to play the one for this game as I've seen that one was created.

Spoiler

randomizer is an executable.png

Anyway, if you want to talk more about the randomizer we should move this discussion over to the randomizer topic.