face235

I just started playing V8, and the game soft-locks upon leveling up...

8 posts in this topic

...when I touch the icon on the left. I have to reset when I do. The center icon and the right icon work just fine, just not that one. Is it supposed to do that?

This is a bug that occurs in v8 if you play on bsnes, higan, or the snes classic.  If you want to be able to choose to level up attack, switch to Snes9X 1.53+.

As an aside, this issue won't happen in v9!

Yep, I was using my new SNES Classic to do it. When v9 arrives, I will be one of the first to try it out on my Classic! I still have much to learn about it, this wasn't the only mod on this site to have issues with the Classic. Example: FF6: Return of the Dark Sorceror (latest version) doesn't load past the first screen, which is a jumbled mess already.

Makes sense.  Although Snes9X is a good emulator, it unfortunately does not emulate everything.  Certain things that should crash the game will run just fine on it.  Since it was the only emulator tested for v8, any issues related to this were completely missed.

As far as I know, the level up issue is the only one unique to the SNES Classic.  You don't need to increase attack to beat everything (in fact, doing so typically makes it harder), so whether you continue on the SNES Classic without attack bonuses or switch is up to you.

I  think I just might give SNES9X (PC version) a try, I heard that it got a big update recently. Version 1.56.2 I think is the name of it.

But for now, sleep calls me. Good night, everyone!

27 minutes ago, face235 said:

I  think I just might give SNES9X (PC version) a try, I heard that it got a big update recently. Version 1.56.2 I think is the name of it.

I will be very amused if this new version emulates the crash properly.

The new SNES9X update works really good. Both SMRPG:A and FF6:RotDS work as they should. What's even better is that I can just plug in my PS4 controller, set the buttons, and run with it.

It seems that I can inject RetroArch on my Classic and use SNES9X on it. I will get into this more when I have time. But for now, all is right in my tiny little piece of the world.