Barnacle_Ed

Character/Job Party Recommendations

518 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

there is even an area where the ennemies are stuck at LV2 (even after the other areas of the forest have been upscale to LV18), so you can easily farm them at that spot for easy Matango Oils).

Just as a warning/reminder, if you are significantly higher levelled than the monster the chance for rare items is cut drastically (1/8 of base chance).
So that might get frustrating as a farm.

Admitadly never farm that much so I didn't know that, so I suppose if you go without Mind Up and have to rely on an item like Matango Oil should farm as much as possible early on Jad Forest, then can farm it once returning at LV18, afterward once they start appearing on chest rulette you could aim to fight Kaiser Mimic they are a dangerous ennemy but they give Sahagin's Scale reliably and through the Chest Roulette there will always be at the same LV as you so this shouldn't be an issue to get them from it.

TBH I feel like Lord is more of a support class than Paladin, at least in the general case when not going for a counterattack party. Paladin gets FST and non-elemental Turn Undead with final weapon so Duran has a few nice attacks at end game. Lord when I pick him basically is "MTTR MTHL DefUp and SpeedUp" without much offensive upside. I'll admit that I haven't done any counter shenanigans using his final weapon however...I usually throw on a sword that uses PIE for damage calculation and call it a day.

If you want to go all-in on a counter strategy I feel like Fenrir Knight or God Hand are the most attractive options of the bunch listed here. Fenrir seems really interesting TBH - the buff overlap with Lord kind of sucks but between her final weapon counters and moon saber you probably won't need to heal too often. God Hand feels like it'll be less all-in on countering and jutsu->FST seems like a reasonable way to damage a screen full of enemies, plus he still has moon saber and power up. 

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm now giving an Evil Shaman, Warrior Monk, Rune Master party a whirl on Carlie's quest. Should make great use of those elemental sabers!

Edited by Barnacle_Ed

Funny cause for me Paladin feel more like a suppport/tank, with Magic Shield and an external Mind Up he can get Heal Light almost as strong as Bishop's combine with Protect Earring and weapon that increase Heal Light and item recovery, Magic Shield and Protect Up get all the defense you need on top of him being a Shield user to grow aggro IMO just invest in nothing but VIT, INT and PIE and you are set these are the only stats he need and you get yourself a character that is quite hard to kill, heal suprisingly well and cast his spell reasonnably fast, end game I just switch between his final weapon for Turn Undead spam against mob fight and the few bosses where I need magic damage (Xian Bhe's Furnace and Zable Fahr right head mainly) and for most boss fight he raise the defenses, use Anti Magic if needed, eat the ennemy's spells with the Shield that increase his magic defense and is just an heal bot ^^.

I think I'm gonna try Ninja Master, Lord and Sage seems like the safest way for me ^^

I'll need to try a more supportive tank Paladin build at some point, that sounds fun.

Maybe I'll use the newfound knowledge of sabres affecting spells to try and get a strong Saint Beam party going...Paladin Archmage Sage actually sounds half decent! I'm not sure if it needs the improved Anti Magic of Dragon master since not many enemies have Holy resistance right?

Edited by Barnacle_Ed

Right and the one that are resistant are generally easy to spot on (mainly the Poto, Pakkun and Grell line of ennemy as well as most ennemy that can use Heal Light like Silver Knight and Silver Wolf), for these ennemies you could either use Anti Magic to remove their resistance or use the armors that make the elemental spells ignore Resistance and Weaknesses, cause even with this type of armor the elemental spells still get a boost in damage from the Sabers and Days, tough if you play Paladin with Arch Mage and Sage you have these ennemies weaknesses cover as well and Turn Undead with Paladin's Final Weapon is still very strong.

That's true, Sage can do elemental sabers on Archmage in a worst case. Plus both of them also get Dark Force which tears the few holy enemies in game to pieces.

With that said, it of feels like a "lazier" version of the party I'm currently running (Evil Shaman, Warrior Monk, Rune Master) in that it would mostly be reliant on Saint Beam spam instead of picking the right element for the job. Plus no Lunatic or Evil Shaman final weapon means bosses will take a longer. Might be nice as a beginner caster party since it seems pretty forgiving though.

IMO Beginner caster would be Dragon Master, Magus, Bishop get all the Sabers from Bishop, all buff except Speed Up, all debuff (including Lunatic) once you get Lise's final weapon you can make ennemies that has weakness weak to everything, just do this cast the Saber of corresponding day with Bishop and nuke with Magus (also Profit of Mind Up + Magic Shield on Bishop for insane healing), or if you just want to say "screw this" just LVUP Magus and spam the Deathspell for guaranteed 999 damage every cast xD 

That's a fair point on deathspell "spam" (idk if I'd really call it spammable at a whopping 20MP cost) being the ultimate ez modo caster setup. Nice all-female team too.

I hit the first class change for my Evil Shaman-Warrior Monk-Rune Master playthrough and there's a very small part of me that wonders if I should have made Angela a Grand Divina instead...I forget how long level 2 spells take to cast at lower levels and the Divina still gets sabers, albiet much later than the Rune Master. It's a good reminder to me to pump Angela's AGI later on. Definitely before she gets to MT LV3 spells.

If you pump her AGI reasonnably the cast time for LV2 is fine, in any case Delvar should keep casting LV1 spell for Nuking mob, her LV2 Spells are more for bosses or when you have particulary annoying mob that you want to get rid off ASAP, one advantage of the Delvar over Sorceress is since all of her spell are base on INT you can ignore PIE and focus on her INT to reach her max damage potential sooner than Sorceress, in fact over my playthroughs on Hard for Base and Second class I find it better to focus on the offensive stats (STR for physical fighter, INT and/or PIE for caster) to deal as much as possible, then for caster (Angela and Carlie (Duran and Lise are mostly support on their second classes so you can just equip them with Sage Stone to just negate the cast time, Hawk's spell I found them to come off fast enough without the need to invest in PIE and Kevin doesn't need to cast in his Second class (Heal Light is just not good to cast in battle early on and you don't get Power Up until Salamando at which point you should be really close to the Final Class (if not already have them) and his Bashkar Class simply doesn't have spells to cast ^^)) invest in the stat that reduce casttime and only then invest in the defensive stat, since the Final class will start with the max stats of the Secondary class and I find that you don't keep the Secondary Class long enough for the lack of VIT and PIE to be truly significant so I just prefer focus on increasing my damage.

Also for Death Spell just Rune Earrings and keep a healer around ^^

By the way got the Second change for my Ninja Master, Lord and Sage really nothing to say about the early at that point up to the first class change I just do the same thing regardless of the team, I notice people have trouble with the early game of this mod, took me a long time to figure a good routing but for those interest here you go :

-Stat wise focus on STR regardless of the character (yes even for Angela and Carlie you need Strength early on for FMH)
-After getting the Fairy just farm the Rabites for 5 or 6 Matango Oils (depending of if you pick Carlie as a third or not)
-At Wendel sell any unecessary item (Coins for instance) buy the Second armor and Second Weapon for everyone, for Duran, Hawk or Lise buy the helm that increase Attack power, for Kevin, Carlie and Angela buy the helm that increase defenses (the reason we buy this one for Kevin is because he is naturally weak to Light so he need a lot of defense to survive FMH's Holy Ball), and as much Puipui Grass and Round Drop as you can
-For FMH (should be LV7-8) the hardest thing is you need to outdamage his Healing which can be tricky, I found however that if you keep moving mos of the time FMH will keep moving to and take more time to initiate his actions, so less healing to outdamage, the Matango Oils Defensive Mind Up Effect makes everything survivable, just be sure to keep at least 2 character alive so that he keep casting Holy Ball MT (25% damage reduction) and keep your HP high for his Dive Attack and it should be easy.
-Now for Carlie and Angela you can start focusing on INT or PIE to boost her spells
-At Jad just farm 4-5 Moon Coins (should be enough for until Gorva), Bound Wolf is the only monster that can appear here so the game is basically beggin you to farm these xD
-At Wendel buy 2 Leather Gauntlets for Kevin, Duran, Hawk or Lise no accessory for Angela and Carlie.
-The 2 Machine Golem fight is just a glorified mobs fight nothing special here, they are particulary easy to counter tough.
-At Dwarf Village buy the weapons that cost 200 Luc (less powerfull that the other one but less expensive, better Hit Rate and Faster Cooldown) for physical fighter, 6 Beastman Collars, Crystal Rings for caster and Steel Gauntlet for Fighters (probably won't have enough at first I suggest just buying the Beastman Collars and doing one full trip in Dwarf Caves (until just before Jewel Eater) then come back to buy the rest before Jewel Eater)
-Farm 3 Bulette Scales from Ogre Boxes.
-For Jewel Eater (should be LV13-14) try to enter his fight on Salamando's Day to get a bonus damage from the Steel Gauntlet (also for strengthen Fireball is you have Angela) use Bulette Scales and Matango Oils and you should be safe from his attacks, use a Moon Coin to make the fight shorter, his Speed Down is basically harmless here also if you have her I suggest to ignore Carlie for this fight her weakness to earth makes her hard to keep alive.
-Then there is nothing special until Tzenker just get the Armor that cover weaknesses at Byzel and Petrify Protection for these damn cockabirds, and farm Molebear's Claws near Forcena for Tzenker.

Here you go now for how Ninja, Knight and Priestess perform the mid game :

-Tzenker with Ninja's Shuriken, Priestess's Holy Ball, Moon Coin and Molebear's Claw on Gnome's Day didn't even last 2 minutes no joke
-Genova was tougher him Powering Up his mobs and making the game lag preventing us for opening the menu is really what kills us, on top of doing Protect Down and Mind Down, this is a really clunky fight, I just throw a Moon Coin and Thunder Jutsu on him, then spam MT Holy Ball with Carlie and focus on Genova with Hawk throwing Stardust Herbs when he cast Protect Down and Mind Down and just pray for the best.
-Bill and Ben : Tough fight here I just ignore Carlie spell caster are just bad for this fight so I let them kill her, I use my remaining Bulette's Scales and Bird Scales to get Protect Up and Speed Up, cast Earth Jutsu to reduce their Hit Rate and hope my character evade as much as possible, using Bird and Bulette Scale I have left to counter their Earth and Thunder Jutsus and keep my HP high in case of Shadow Dive.
-For the Ghost Ship I pick Carlie and Hawk buy the weapon that fill tech Bar faster I really try to counter as much as possible with Hawk thanks to this weapon one swing get him his LV1 tech, Ghost Ship is Priestess's time to shine almost everything here is weak to Holy, so Holy Ball is absolutly great here, same for Gorva just Moon Coin him, Earth and Thunder Jutsu then spam Holy Ball with Carlie and hitting him when I can with Hawk I even manage to kill him before Deathspell this time ^^
-For Seashore Cave surprisingly this goes very well Priestess's Holy Ball is useless cause most mob absorb Holy, but her Sabers give a good buff to Duran and Hawk for Physical Damage if use on the corresponding day, using Protect Up with Whitelight Ring with Duran for staying alive, and that was easier than expected.
-Grind for ??? Seed on Papa Poto on the first area of Subzero Field, got a terrible luck with ??? Seed items, got the one for Lord and Ninja Master fairly fast but goddamn the Bottle of Salt just wasn't showing up after like 50 attempts I just give up, the good thing is that gave me a lot of money (over 30k), decide to do the Sub Zero Field first this isn't to hard just the Mage type of ennemy can be trolly.
-For the Machine Golem soloing them is really the best strat for this fight IMO, Hawk is really good for that due to how Slow they are they are very to Counter as a result they are probably easiest fight to use Fireblaze, buffing Hawk with Carlie's Thunder Saber, Duran's Protect Up, Matango Oil and a Drake's Scale then using 1 Bulleye Die (for instant MT Fire Jutsu) and 1 Nighteye Die (For instant MT Thunder Jutsu) and just doing an hit and run strat very easy fight as long we are cautious. Getting Undine first allow to get Water Jutsu for the Power Down debuff which trust makes Bill and Ben significantly easier.
-Bill and Ben 2, they hit a lot harder than before but more tool for us, MT Protect Up with Duran (Whitelight Ring), Bird's Scale and Saber from Priestess then Water and Earth Jutsu on them (have to use Magic Walnut to chain the Jutsus on both of them with Hawk) and the fight became a lot safer, tough they can still troll if we get a bad RNG on the evasion side, if both of them focus one character then can melt his HP very fast if he doesn't evade enough, like the first time tough I just ignore Carlie for this fight once she set the saber I just don't care for her, I just make sure to resurrect her before killing the last one so that she doesn't get the death penalty.

And I just got my second class change and stop there for now, so Knight, Ninja and Priestess are overall pretty solid for the mid game, Duran is quite tanky and deal good damage and his Protect Up is valuable at this point, Priestess's Sabers really help for the offensive and the occasionnal Holy Ball for nuking if needed, Hawk's jutsu being ST only they aren't very good for mob but they are usefull for Bosses and once his strength increase a bit Hawk is a solid fighter.

For now I'm gonna play Lord as a Tech user his LV3 looks quite strong single target damage, I will keep focusing on Debuffing and Counter with Ninja Master and Sage is mostly a support for now.

Edited by Nesouk

46 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

-Grind for ??? Seed on Papa Poto on the first area of Subzero Field, got a terrible luck with ??? Seed items, got the one for Lord and Ninja Master fairly fast but goddamn the Bottle of Salt just wasn't showing up after like 50 attempts I just give up, the good thing is that gave me a lot of money (over 30k), decide to do the Sub Zero Field first this isn't to hard just the Mage type of ennemy can be trolly.

And that's why the 2nd desert town sells the items; like 5-6 seeds should be enough. out of the possible 6 items you need 3 so the first planting has a 1/2 chance to give you the right one, getting the second item is then 1/3 and the last 1/6. So you should be quite likely to get 2 with 5-6 seeds then sell the 3-4 wrong items and buy the missing from that money.

13 minutes ago, praetarius5018 said:

And that's why the 2nd desert town sells the items; like 5-6 seeds should be enough. out of the possible 6 items you need 3 so the first planting has a 1/2 chance to give you the right one, getting the second item is then 1/3 and the last 1/6. So you should be quite likely to get 2 with 5-6 seeds then sell the 3-4 wrong items and buy the missing from that money.

Yeah forget to precise I end up buying the last one at the desert town, tough generally I get the 3 with ??? Seeds, this time was an exceptionnal case of bad luck never had such a bad RNG on class change items ^^

I will say that my Delvar definitely maxed out on damage faster than Sorceress; pumping INT, AGI, and LCK first means she was able to pump out 200-ish level 1 AOE damage through bucca island even without Evil Gate. I'm a big fan of Monk as well (Kevin in the early game pumps out silly amounts of damage) and any Holy Ball caster helps out a ton with the annoying Gorva. I'm now right around the corner from second class change after really taking my time to get there - life's been busy and I haven't had much play time!

Currently for my run after this I want to do a playthrough with a light Hawk, since I somehow haven't yet used either of his light forms in this rom hack yet. Kind of leaning towards Wanderer since Half Vanish spam seems like a lazy way to quickly chip away at a boss. Which appeals to me B|

I'm debating between 2 parties atm but I totally appreciate other suggestions:

1) Wanderer, Bishop, Fenrir Knight. More of an attacker party with Wanderer providing support. We don't need empowered anti magic since Bishop has all elemental sabers and saint saber, plus she does a lot of melee damage with her final weapon. FK is a mana battery in long fights with her final weapon and her summon puts whole screens to sleep (though I guess Sleep Flower kind of does the same thing but without any damage). We've got Def Up, Mind Up, Magic Shield, and all debuffs...but no Speed Up - I'm not sure if that's a problem for Wanderer at and game or if he can hit the cast speed threshold without Speed Up for maximum Half Vanish spam. 

2) Wanderer, Lord, Necromancer. More caster focused than the top party but the Lord is a reasonably decent melee combatant with a PIE-based weapon. This party has Speed Up which again might be important, but we do lose out on elemental sabers (dark saber is way less useful than a full elemental saber package, of course). Necro can still do elemental spells with her summons and they should hit pretty hard with Black Curse, Mind Up, and her final weapon. Plus she's a backup Tinkle Rain caster. Doesn't have the mana restore from a countering Fenrir Knight, but Tree Spirit rings and Poison Bubble exist.

It's worth noting that neither party has access to a FST so the Aura Wave from Wanderer isn't particularly well utilized. I don't see any particularly glaring weaknesses otherwise but I might have missed something obvious!

Edited by Barnacle_Ed

Actually why not mix both of your party suggestion ? ^^

-Wanderer, Lord and Fenrir Knight : With Wanderer having access to Aura Wave he can complement well the Lord giving him access to his LV2/3 Tech faster, then with his Final Weapon Lord can proc the counter state for Fenrir Knight to restore HP and MP or Wanderer to apply Fireblaze, on top of that the Fenrir Knight has Moon Saber and Wanderer has Anti Magic so you can use that to heal, you also have 2 Transshape user, 2 Life Booster user and 2 Shield Users so that's nice no elemental Saber tough.

Honestly, I briefly thought about it since Lord + FK is a party mix I've been wanting to try out for counterattack shenanigans. 

My big gripe with this party though is it won't have any AoE spells after first class change and needs to wait until Whitelight Rings at the absolute earliest, which is kind of annoying. Ranger at least has Spikes for Tzenker, but no holy balls for Gorva might be rough.

I'll agree that jt looks neat at end game but the group might struggle before the 2nd class change. And even then it doesn't really pick up until getting final weapons on everyone. So I'm a little hesitant on it.

For Gorva when I was running Duran, Kevin and Hawk what I found the accessories that makes weapon elemental to be usefull when you don't have a solid spell caster (Hawk can work tough with either Shuriken or Arrow), you can pick up an accessory that make your physical attack elemental (Dwarf Village sells the one that make Element Fire and is quite cheap, the Merchant on the Ghost Ship sells the one that make element Wind), make sure to go on the Ship on the corresponding day of this accessory and your physical fighter will be able to do some decent damage against Gorva (especially if you debuff his defense), the main point is since you will have to use Stardust Herb to cancel Black Curse, Buffs and Sabers spell are useless but this accessories gives you element regardless of Stardust so you get a bonus damage from it, combine with Speed Down and physical fighter can actually perform reasonnably on this fight.

The ideal for mid game if you don't have AoE spells is to be good at Counter, try to regroup the mobs in one place and use a LV1 Tech to hit them all it is quite effective ^^, for Bucca Island maybe the Bunny Egg accessory from Dwarf Village could be usefull for physical fighter, never tried myself but since it give Shadow Element to your physical attack and most ennemies in Seashore Cave are weak to Dark this might be worth a try. Also casting Protect Up with Knight is definitly something to do, debuffing Speed is good on mob fight since they use a lot of physical.

Anyway continuing my Lord, Ninja Master and Sage playthrough currently reach the God Beast :

-Lugar : Did it without Anti Magic Fireblaze doesn't seem to work here, clearly was landing counter but the damage didn't seem to increase. So had to rely on Sage's Saint Beam for Damage with Hawk and Duran distracting him, long fight but not tough.

-Gildervine : This team destroy him, Flame Saber on Salamando's Day and the Fireblaze accessory make short work of him, Spike Armor allow to deal with the mob, and Dragon Shield on Duran makes him immune to Sleep and constantly grow his agggro, thank to the Fireblaze I was hitting for 150 per hits with both Hawk and Duran, Magic Circle doing over 600 damage so he didn't last for long.

Also got the Final Weapons, found you can actually get them before even the first God Beast all you have to do is wear 6 Earth Bracelet and you can found monsters over LV60 (62 to be more precise), Mispolm's area is good for that as quite a lot of mobs here can drop W/A Seeds, these make the fight a lot tougher (and also give you a shit ton of EXP like I was getting nearly 50k per mob at the beginning XD) but with Spike Armor and by being cautious it's doable.

3 hours ago, Nesouk said:

-Lugar : Did it without Anti Magic Fireblaze doesn't seem to work here

it might be that his physical resistance would cause the difference between before and after reduction to be rounded down to the same effective value for the damage calculation - the minimum effect of fireblaze is -1 def (well until you hit 0 def), so it never works not at all

3 hours ago, Nesouk said:

-Gildervine : This team destroy him, Flame Saber on Salamando's Day and the Fireblaze accessory make short work of him, Spike Armor allow to deal with the mob, and Dragon Shield on Duran makes him immune to Sleep and constantly grow his agggro, thank to the Fireblaze I was hitting for 150 per hits with both Hawk and Duran, Magic Circle doing over 600 damage so he didn't last for long.

it is no secret that I dislike this boss in all aspects, so maybe by "accident" he became weak to physial and fire - no surprises here :D

I feel Lord really gonna be interesting to play for counter base strategy as far as I tested there is to way to profit from his Final Weapon :

-You set him and the character you want to counter (in my case Hawk) on "don't use tech" setting, take control of character you want to counter, constantly check if Duran has his LV2/3 ready, when that's the case and your character is ready to throw his LV1 quickly switch to Duran for casting his LV2/3 then use your LV1 on the target.

-Take control of Duran, set your counter on "Using his LV1 Tech", when you can initiate the LV2/3 wait for the other character to have enough tech point or his LV1, as soon as he get access to LV1 throw the LV2/3 with Duran and let the CPU do the counter.

Really like that as you have to pay attention to use this weapon efficiently, this is gonna be fun, I think maybe I should buy for Hawk the weapon that increase Counter Damage when facing bosses where Hawk can't exploit weakness could give some interesting result.

54 minutes ago, Nesouk said:

I feel Lord really gonna be interesting to play for counter base strategy as far as I tested there is to way to profit from his Final Weapon :

-You set him and the character you want to counter (in my case Hawk) on "don't use tech" setting, take control of character you want to counter, constantly check if Duran has his LV2/3 ready, when that's the case and your character is ready to throw his LV1 quickly switch to Duran for casting his LV2/3 then use your LV1 on the target.

-Take control of Duran, set your counter on "Using his LV1 Tech", when you can initiate the LV2/3 wait for the other character to have enough tech point or his LV1, as soon as he get access to LV1 throw the LV2/3 with Duran and let the CPU do the counter.

Really like that as you have to pay attention to use this weapon efficiently, this is gonna be fun, I think maybe I should buy for Hawk the weapon that increase Counter Damage when facing bosses where Hawk can't exploit weakness could give some interesting result.

Sounds like a lot of micromanagement to me personally :/ since I'm lazy I'll probably just have the AI use Duran and cast lv2 tech whenever it's ready, manually control Lise as FK to time counters more effectively, then have Wanderer casting in the background as much as possible in the meantime. Admittedly the Half-Vanish spam is still going to be micromanage-y with this setup however...

You know what maybe I'll wind up just doing Necromancer instead of FK after all!

10 hours ago, Nesouk said:

For Gorva when I was running Duran, Kevin and Hawk what I found the accessories that makes weapon elemental to be usefull when you don't have a solid spell caster (Hawk can work tough with either Shuriken or Arrow), you can pick up an accessory that make your physical attack elemental (Dwarf Village sells the one that make Element Fire and is quite cheap, the Merchant on the Ghost Ship sells the one that make element Wind), make sure to go on the Ship on the corresponding day of this accessory and your physical fighter will be able to do some decent damage against Gorva (especially if you debuff his defense), the main point is since you will have to use Stardust Herb to cancel Black Curse, Buffs and Sabers spell are useless but this accessories gives you element regardless of Stardust so you get a bonus damage from it, combine with Speed Down and physical fighter can actually perform reasonnably on this fight.

The ideal for mid game if you don't have AoE spells is to be good at Counter, try to regroup the mobs in one place and use a LV1 Tech to hit them all it is quite effective ^^, for Bucca Island maybe the Bunny Egg accessory from Dwarf Village could be usefull for physical fighter, never tried myself but since it give Shadow Element to your physical attack and most ennemies in Seashore Cave are weak to Dark this might be worth a try. Also casting Protect Up with Knight is definitly something to do, debuffing Speed is good on mob fight since they use a lot of physical.

Changing weapon element for Gorva is a good idea, in the case where one has to rely heavily on physical attackers for the fight. And yeah cancelling the black curse he does is a key part of the fight in any party IMHO! That's a good point about Bunny Egg for Bucca Island, I honestly forgot is existed...methinks I'll have to make use of that in my next playthrough.

I like micromanaging I think it's fun.

On that note I found 2 interesting thing about Sage's Final Weapon :

1-The regen effect isn't active while Carlie is casting so that's unfortunate but whatever.

2-This one is huge there is a glitch with Xian Bhe, I'm pretty sure Sage's final weapon regen effect is the cause (might work with Mad Beast Ring if so), for some reason the regen effect completly reverse his gimmick what I mean by that is when Carlie isn't casting and the regen effect is active instead of decreasing our Max HP his attacks increase our Max HP, I litteraly got to 999 Max HP with everyone by the end of the fight, as a result due to his low damage Xian Bhe is turn into a completly free fight xD 
EDIT : After testing the Xian Bhe cheese only happen if you have Sage's Final Weapon and the Life Booster buff.

Edited by Nesouk

nah, this got nothing to do with the life regen ring.

the thing is that certain actions - like getting hit by spells - cause stats to be recalculated.
so you get hit, maxHP drops to current HP then maxHP gets increased by 25%. you just hit the treshold where the damage intake is less than the 25% bonus.

also for the same reason I did not give him a maxHP debuff as an attack; that would rip through your HP pool in seconds.
800 maxHP with debuff set, take 1 damage -> 599 maxHP, take another 1 damage -> 448 maxHP

Gildervine dead in my Evil Shaman, Warrior Monk, Runemaster game. Smooth sailing so far...Bill And Ben were somewhat challenging (mostly because I'm a dummy and forgot casting on them was a bad idea) but everything else has been smooth sailing.

Thought about it a while longer and I think I'd rather go dark Duran instead of light Hawk for next run. Been doing a lot of caster parties recently. So with that in mind I'm now planning Duelist, Bishop, and Ninja Master. 

Duran is mostly going to use anti magic and aura wave (maybe leaf saver on Carlie at times) so the overlap on sabers isn't a big deal. Bishop turns into another strong attacker at end game, plus she has magic shield and def up in addition to magic support if needed. Dark Hawk does the usual dark Hawk thing of jutsus - Ninja Master means better AoE, which this party needs, and easier counter enabling for Fireblaze on bosses.

The group lacks power up but it does have sabers instead. It also lacks Lunatic so bosses may take a little longer than my current team. The play style seems super straightforwards though.

Actually I wonder if a team with both Duelist and Nightblade to good LV3 Tech User.

Anyway beat my archnemesis on this mod Dolan, I must say with Lord and Ninja Master this was actually fun to do, opt for a strat that require some Micromanagement but turn this fight into a more fun one, I decided to use my Eyes item to quickly debuff him instead of casting each Jutsus one at a time got a deathless fight :

-Lord : With Shield he is guaranteed to be hit by Dolan's physical and Half Vanish, actually with a Shield User the armor that increase HP is good in this fight goes Dolan regular almost always crit for 500 damage in my case so HP Armor, the Shield that increase physical defense with the usual buff/debuff guaranteed Duran will survive the regular attack even with the Max HP down (Life Booster is just to troublesome to keep active in this fight). Duran also set Energy Ball on Hawk and deal good damage with his LV3 Tech thanks to his final weapon and the helm that boost LV2/3 tech (around 287 at the beginning of the fight did go up to nearly 400 by the end of the fight thanks to Fireblaze) with Mistscreen Charm for getting his tech faster.

-Ninja Master : Equipped him with the Fireblaze, Mistscreen Charm and Dancing Dagger (boost Counter Damage), I actually decide to put his IA on using LV1 Tech with the opening Duran open with his Final Weapon and when the AI happen to land counter on herself (plus the AI sometime cast the LV1 tech 2 times in the row AND sometime cast LV1 tech even when his gauge is fill enough for the LV2 damn the Computer is a Cheap Bastard and for once it works to our advantage XD), and so Hawk can deal some impressive damage (he almost reach the 100 per hit with Counter by the end of the fight) on top of reducing Dolan's defense with Fireblaze.

The micromanagement is at the end of the second part of his pattern when Dolan cast Energy Ball + Body Change then Half Vanish + Spiral Moon after dispelling Energy Ball with Duran I quickly switch to Hawk, reason is the next part of his AI after Spiral Moon is Energy Ball then immediatly guard, the lack of Aura Wave and the fact he hit only one time make it really for Duran to get his LV2 tech before the Guard, thanks to hitting twice Ninja Master can reach it in no time, so for this part of the AI I switch to Hawk to deal with Energy Ball then come back to Duran and proceed normally. OH And Sage is really just here to spam Heal Light she got nothing else to do in this fight ^^

Nightblade is definitely the better boss fighter and double T3 spam with Aura Wave could be fun. I feel like this group is going to need the MT jutsus from Ninja Master more though since its spell support is otherwise pretty lacking. Plus, there's the potential option of giving Duelist the Fireblaze as Ninja Master hits elemental weaknesses with his final weapon to help this team pump out more damage.

I've got time to think about it for sure.

4 hours ago, Nesouk said:

Anyway beat my archnemesis on this mod Dolan,

did you notice any improvement with him in the current version compared to earlier versions?

4 hours ago, Nesouk said:

reason is the next part of his AI after Spiral Moon is Energy Ball then immediatly guard

he doesn't guard, he only has a guard pose - as reaction to reaching the aggro threshold.
once again - where other bosses answer with a spell when they get hit enough, Dolan just takes a moment to pose which does nothing but give you a bit more time to cancel his gimmick.