Sign in to follow this  
SuperHario

Esper locations

4 posts in this topic

I understand why Palidor and Fenrir locations were swapped, but the incongruity still irks me.  Mobliz is rife with stray dogs (Fenrir), likewise birds on the solitary island (Palidor).  

However, this inconsistency can be remedied.  Both Sabin and Edgar can be present in the first visit to Mobliz, and they serve as protectors of the village from Phunbaba after Terra falls, so getting Golem after the first Phunbaba fight can sort of be justified story-wise.  Then Palidor can be moved back to the solitary island and Fenrir can be moved somewhere else (Veldt cave probably makes the most sense, but Narshe is a possibility).  

The big question is then: does not having WoB Golem matter?  My guess is not really, the summon becomes much more useful in the WoR with more HP, and neither Bserk or safe are vital.  Could always swap Bserk and Sleep on Golem and Stray if you really want Sabin to have WoB Bserk.  (I know suggesting changes to the spell distribution is verboten, but this really seems pretty minor.)

Golem is also in WoB in case Edgar and Sabin have competition for Siren and Stray respectively.  If you bring both Sabin and Gau to Vector, the only esper they can equip is Stray so one of them would have to go without an esper equipped.  Edgar competes with Celes for Siren, but that gets resolved since Celes can equip Shiva before leaving the party.  Without Golem, you'd have to juggle Stray between Sabin and Gau because they get no new Espers during the Magitek facility part of the story.

Cyan and Edgar is the other problematic combination, they can both have an esper but then Celes and Locke will have to fight over Ramuh