seibaby

Image-like Reflect patch

10 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, seibaby said:

@BTB, you asked for it, and here it is. It's been a while since I mucked around with it but I believe it's finished. @Synchysi may wish to hand edit the pointers for small battle captions (message boxes).

http://ge.tt/3For7Aq2

Sorry to sound like a noob, but what does this patch do exactly?

All will be explained. :)

Edit: this replaces Reflect's expiration timer with a mechanic to have Reflect be randomly dispelled when activated, much like the way Image works.

Edited by seibaby

Extreme ASM noob here, and I'm having trouble getting this patch to apply. I'm using Maxkas on Mac OS 10.13, which itself uses xkas 0.6 or asar 1.01 (I've tried both options). Both fail on line 6, something about the 'ff6_snes_battle.tbl' table, and asar also complains about 'not supported [hirom]'. I have my ROM, .asm patch, and the .tbl file all in the same directory at the moment. Example output below:

via asar v1.01:

Patching...
.../BNW/reflect-image-bnw.asm:4: error: Not supported [hirom]
.../BNW/reflect-image-bnw.asm:6: error: Invalid table file [table ff6_snes_battle.tbl,rtl]
23 bytes added
Errors was detected while assembling the patch. Assembling aborted. Your ROM has not been modified.

via xkas v0.06:

Patching...
error: .../BNW/reflect-image-bnw.asm: line 6: file not found [table ff6_snes_battle.tbl,rtl]
23 bytes added
Patching completed with errors.

Any tips?

No idea, since I don't use a mac or asar. If the table file is correct and correctly named as specified in the asm file, all I can think of is weird file permissions, or Mac xkas expecting a mac formatted text file as a table or something. Did you open the tbl file in an editor and save it?