Sealarkspur

Did they add in a way to get Water Rondo in Wor?

19 posts in this topic

Hacking in a way to get it is probably... difficult.

But finding a code to cheat it in shouldn't be much of a problem. I can give you a site with a rather big list of codes.

Edited by Vaylen

14 hours ago, Vaylen said:

But finding a code to cheat it in shouldn't be much of a problem. I can give you a site with a rather big list of codes.

Could I get that site as well?

Coding it in really isn't a problem. Putting it in in a way that doesn't seem completely hack-assed is a bit more complicated. It's not something we were ever really against, but it never really became enough of a priority for us to look into a good way of implementing it.

Thank you Vaylen.

BTB, I love your game. To me it fixes alot of problems that the vanilla had. 

Would you be able to use the "lovers leap" area in the start of WoB as a way to implement the water stage for water rondo? 

1 hour ago, BTB said:

Coding it in really isn't a problem. Putting it in in a way that doesn't seem completely hack-assed is a bit more complicated. It's not something we were ever really against, but it never really became enough of a priority for us to look into a good way of implementing it.

Hm, the only place I could think of at the top of my head would be... An extra section on the way towards the ancient castle. Would at least feel fitting due to the Pond Scums.
Aside from that(and that's not a strong one even), I cannot think of anything myself. Maybe something something Ebot's Rock(It having been underwater for so long and all - could have a watery section).

But I see where you are coming from. Doing things completely hack-assed just feels wrong and random. And most people playing this hack probably think about the water rondo in WoB, I'd wager.
It's kind of annoying that it is.. such a nice full offence dance. Best one for full offence, I'd argue.

Edited by Vaylen

22 hours ago, Vaylen said:

Hacking in a way to get it is probably... difficult.

7 hours ago, Vaylen said:

Thanks. When I said "hack" I just meant a code

The code doesn't work. It says "Mog learned a new dance" after the battle but he still has the same incomplete list of dances in battle and in the menu.

10 hours ago, xAcIdViRuSx said:

BTB, I love your game. To me it fixes alot of problems that the vanilla had. 

Would you be able to use the "lovers leap" area in the start of WoB as a way to implement the water stage for water rondo? 

If we did anything, honestly, we'd just have Mog learn it automatically at the start of the WoR.

Part of my 2.0 plans involve an area where Water Rondo can be learned, but we all know how far off THAT is.

Does anyone have a code that would change the battle background to water, or that would teleport you to one of the water spots without screwing the game up?

8 minutes ago, Sealarkspur said:

Does anyone have a code that would change the battle background to water, or that would teleport you to one of the water spots without screwing the game up?

That would probably not be as easy. But just google for it, maybe you'll come up with something(Just save before).
Double-check the code and if you did everything right. If Mog has water rondo, you don't have to worry at all - as you can get all other dances in WoR(AFAIK).

And also... go through some code sites, maybe you'll find a different code for learning dances - and that one may work then.

21 hours ago, Vaylen said:

That would probably not be as easy. But just google for it, maybe you'll come up with something(Just save before).
Double-check the code and if you did everything right. If Mog has water rondo, you don't have to worry at all - as you can get all other dances in WoR(AFAIK).

And also... go through some code sites, maybe you'll find a different code for learning dances - and that one may work then.

I couldn't find anything on Google for backgrounds or location, and the code someone linked in this thread to learn all the dances doesn't work because the mod apparently changes how dances are learned.

36 minutes ago, Sealarkspur said:

I couldn't find anything on Google for backgrounds or location, and the code someone linked in this thread to learn all the dances doesn't work because the mod apparently changes how dances are learned.

Don't think the learning process of dances have been changed(Exactly the same method as vanilla). But sometimes, codes just don't work due to stuff.

And well, as mentioned... just google around. I found another code on this site:
https://www.almarsguides.com/retro/walkthroughs/snes/games/Finalfantasy6/gamegenie/

Hopefully, this helps you out.

Might also be worthwhile to look at action replay variants for the codes instead o game genie.

Edited by Vaylen

On 6/27/2018 at 9:46 PM, Vaylen said:

Don't think the learning process of dances have been changed(Exactly the same method as vanilla). But sometimes, codes just don't work due to stuff.

And well, as mentioned... just google around. I found another code on this site:
https://www.almarsguides.com/retro/walkthroughs/snes/games/Finalfantasy6/gamegenie/

Might also be worthwhile to look at action replay variants for the codes instead o game genie.

I think that code worked, thanks.

On 6/27/2018 at 9:46 PM, Vaylen said:

I think that code worked, thanks.