praetarius5018

Final Fantasy V: Void Divergence - Discussion

339 posts in this topic

current version: 1.658

The main ideas were to make the battles more dynamic and give each character more, well, character.
As a result of that every character has now access to an individualized job list of 21 out of total 31 jobs (freelancer is NOT available)
while each job level now has a permanent impact on a character's stats.
For example klutz Bartz can not be a chemist and Lenna hasn't in her to go Berserker.

More dynamic battles are achieved via !Brave, !Def and field elements.
Move a future turn to now with !Brave or take two turns at a later point with !Def while modifying the field elements to your liking with each skill or ability used.
Changed field elements affect damage, healing and status effect chance.

major features:

• all party members can be renamed at any time
  • difficulty can be adjusted via in-game menu
  • elements play a larger role extending to every item, ability, status effect and monster
  • rebalance of equipment, spells, abilities and enemies
  • instead of helm, armor and relic you can now equip 3 relics
  • relics add a mix of resistances, weaknesses and power bonuses to same-element attacks
  • spells scale with weapon power keeping them relevant until the end
  • spell lists have been altered, e.g. Fire1/2/3 was reduced to just Fire and there are now new spells replacing the missing spells
  • items are not consumed but introduce a cooldown on !Item, !Mix, !Drink and !Throw
  • auto-heal some HP after battle victory (trade-off for disabled potions)
  • ATB does not proceed until the currently active actor is finished with their turn, but then moves instantly to the next event
  • most importantly - a New Game Plus mode!
Edited by praetarius5018

Well, just downloaded this and shared it with a few friends that may like it. I'll try to post here from time to time as I run through but for now I wanted to mention that the menu option to turn off experience gains seems to be not working. Turned it on as soon as possible and gained a level the moment I finished my first fight in the pirates cave. Is it supposed to remove exp or jp?

So in Lix there is an odd bug in the house with the bard that teaches charm song. There is a floating exclamation that crashes the game when examined. The pink music box is also just not there but the trigger to use it remains. The bard that teaches charm song is also not there until you use the phantom music box... which also makes the music box show up.

Jordan are you using a sfc rom?

I had the same issue while using a sfc rom and decided to try a smc one and the bug didn't present itself.

You can also see the floating exclamation point during the flashback cutscene in Tule at the beginning of the game.

The rom I got was unheadered and is an .smc. Only patch I applied was the one provided. Using the latest Bizhawk release running BSNES core. The bug is not present in the flashback scene for me, tried on Snes9x 1.53 and Bizhawk.

Edited by Jordan

Well, for now I'm just not going to worry about it. That town is basically unimportant in the grand scheme of things and the bug is mostly harmless from what I've seen so far.

Well, this is a fun one. Take my save and get into any battle. Then queue up Twincut, followed by any action on Galuf. Hilarity and a crash will follow. Seems to be the direct result of Faris and Galuf getting their turns at the same time. Once Twincut is selected it moves to Galuf without resolving twincut... then Bartz breaks the world.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/276588144

Edited by Jordan
Added a video because damn

Not sure if it's a bug or if it's the way it's intended (probably not) but if for example I have stuff equipped which makes my maximum HP 400 and then I change my equipment in a way that decreases my maximum HP, my current HP can end up being higher than my maximum HP. Look at Bartz in this screenshot :

FFV HP higher than max.png

Edited by SparklingFire

No, that's ok; you could change your mind about what you equip or try out lots of pieces and then end up losing HP even if you went back to what you had at the start.
It should be reduced at the next battle start though.

Do you have the "Sage" jewel from the shop equipped on him?
That unlocks all jobs as long as it is equipped.
If you remove it and have at least one level in an "illegal" job you'll suffer uncurable aging.

Illegal jobs being those that are not yet unlocked or those that are generally blocked for that character.

Ahhh, thank you very much I read something about that in the readme files but couldn´t find it anymore
Is it possible to delete posts yourself? Or maybe just keep it for other blind people :)

Edited by Hazeschock

Nah, keep it.
There's so many small changes even I have to look up half the stuff every time - and noone ever reads READMEs.

Maybe I should've called it DONT_READ_ME_OR_WORLD_WILL_END, it works for buttons.

Mr. Praetarius, I'm back home and I planned on doing an extensive report on the pros and cons from my perspective on this game. I've played through it four times and hit level 99 and mastered 70 abilities 2 times - needless to say, I feel as though I have valuable feedback and suggestions.

Do you want me to private message you or, are you ok with me posting it all here.

I absolutely loved this mod and would hope you would hear me out.

On a side note - I'd love to help you finish this mod if possible.

Ok, I'll be sending it in a couple hours sir.

Again, thank you so much for this amazing game - it has so much potential

There looks like a lot of "not Final Fantasy-ish" stuff in this game, which will make it interesting to play through. I definitely want to try this out.

Well being waiting for a while for a FFV mod I definitly going to try this out when I will have less games to play.

just a little preview for the first new job to be really added: Blue Bard

FF5_tinker.png

gained with 1st crystal, meant as a support job built around item use