praetarius5018

Final Fantasy V: Void Divergence - Discussion

339 posts in this topic

On the one hand, the Vampire can't get skills, I fought with many enemies that you mentioned before. On the one hand, the agility stat don't grow with the job of Bard.

Are you supposed to lose ABP when you switch job classes, and do you passively gain 'some' ABP for other classes when not winning ABP as that class? I don't remember reading about the ABP gains and losses anywhere and I read pretty thoroughly... Thanks!

I had to make some sacrifices somewhere with the RAM I have available, so I reduced the game to only tracking one value of ABP instead of one per job.
When you switch jobs that value should be cut in half.

The alternative would've been no new jobs.

Okay that makes sense, then, as I was unsure what was going on with the ABP when I was switching around classes and my chars started ending up with different total ABP. Thanks for the quick reply -   

On 6/18/2019 at 7:24 PM, 2togepi said:

On the one hand, the Vampire can't get skills, I fought with many enemies that you mentioned before..

Quoting this, because I have the same experience. I already killed a few Lamias, definitely without indirect damage and still didn't get the skill from them. Will keep testing today.

Are you supposed to be able to 'triple' equip the Endure passive for plus 10% HP times 3 ? Makes for some early beast mode at least in the HP depot

Same for other skills like MP turbo, multi equipped seems to increase max MP if selected more than once...

Edited by Webbhead08
expounded

2 hours ago, Webbhead08 said:

Are you supposed to be able to 'triple' equip the Endure passive for plus 10% HP times 3 ? Makes for some early beast mode at least in the HP depot

Same for other skills like MP turbo, multi equipped seems to increase max MP if selected more than once...

Pretty sure that's a bug

I am currently in the first world, just entered the Lonka Ruins. Here are a few things I've notice so far that seemed a bit off:

• In Lix, there is a dead Stella on the floor in Bartz's house. I guess she shouldn't be there, as she crashes the game.
  • After getting the steamship, the random encounters on the open sea are waaay more tough the the battles just before acquiring the ship. The brown sahagins are a moderate rise in difficulty, but the lamias and the stingray-looking enemies are waaaay too strong for the current part of the game. I didn't mind it too much because it was a nice challenge, but it didn't seem consistent and gradual.
  • The Lord Order/Geoform is extremely overpowered for some reason. Under normal circumstances (before Geoform) my units would do 500~2000 damage with their abilities. With geoform they hit fo 32k. ???

Dead_Stella.gif

1 hour ago, BlackLiquidSrw said:

Do the attacks do exactly 32k?

Not fixed 32k, but they are a LOT stronger. I have been able to cheese all the boss fight since i got geoform. I try not to use it any more, as it feels like cheating.

5 hours ago, Webbhead08 said:

It is not really intended, I wanted to have 0 passives that stack with themselves but in the case of HP/MP this can't be avoided else it'd penalize stacking endure+bulwark+sturdy since their HP bonus is the exact same.

2 hours ago, buttwag said:

I am currently in the first world, just entered the Lonka Ruins. Here are a few things I've notice so far that seemed a bit off:

• In Lix, there is a dead Stella on the floor in Bartz's house. I guess she shouldn't be there, as she crashes the game.

yes, known, happens to all that have watched any of the tutorial scenes (compare last page)

2 hours ago, buttwag said:
  • After getting the steamship, the random encounters on the open sea are waaay more tough the the battles just before acquiring the ship. The brown sahagins are a moderate rise in difficulty, but the lamias and the stingray-looking enemies are waaaay too strong for the current part of the game. I didn't mind it too much because it was a nice challenge, but it didn't seem consistent and gradual.

err... corvette (stingray like) and armon (brown sahagin) are victim of a typo in their level stat... (31 instead of 13)
Hi-Lamia certainly shouldn't be there (world 3 mob)

15 hours ago, praetarius5018 said:

err... corvette (stingray like) and armon (brown sahagin) are victim of a typo in their level stat... (31 instead of 13)
Hi-Lamia certainly shouldn't be there (world 3 mob)

I found Hi-Lamia on the Flying Ronka Ruins as well, she was level 40.

So continue a bit :

-For the montain where you find up Hiryuu nothing really important to say random encounter are a matter of finding weaknesses, also some mobs drop Whip which will be usefull. Magissa and Forza were easy enough, I even manage to beat Magissa before she summoned Forza once as suprinsigly she isn't heavy type and the Whips can stunned here, weakness to light also make her easy to Mute reducind her offensive capacity, Forza is a powerhouse but I was able to keep up with his damage dealing damage with Spells and Taunting him wih my knight.

-I defeated Shiva before going to the Water Crystal, we can steal Mythril Swords from the Gallant before fighting her which help as they are Fire Elemental, for Shiva I just try to put all of them to sleep as they are weak to earth then kill her allies one by one with Fire magic, Pummel's blitz and using Stomp with the Knight (to add Fire Element icons) once she is alone I mute her to reduce the damage from her Ice spells, I sleep her then stack MP with Defense and unleash a lot for damage by spamming fire attack, took me 2 or 3 attempts before finally managin to put them all to sleep at the beginning overall a fun time in which we makes good use of Statut Effect.

-Water Crystal tower have mostly ennemies weak to Fire and Lightning, but since we have much more Crowd Control options random encounter aren't to bad. Garula was disappointingly easy basically once you put Blind on him he miss like 80-90% of his attacks, he only have one attack that add Element to the field (and only 1), so basically I just Blind him with Rogue's Dust and attack him with whatever element as he has no weaknesses (I used Fire cause I had Mythril Swords and Fire spell are free).

-And so I unlock new jobs most notably Lord and Dark Knight, I can already see a great synergy between Dark Knight and Crusader (Esemte consuming HP with Dark Knight getting stronger at low HP) which I plan on doing on Galuf/Krile, not sure about the Lord tough some of his abilities in his Order looks interesting for either my Mages or Physical Damage Dealer, I don't really get the Law stuff tough.