praetarius5018

Final Fantasy V: Void Divergence - Discussion

339 posts in this topic

Did Faris' current MP plus the gain from ether sum up to exactly 100 MP? At least it sounds like it.

I doubt the predict issue has anything to do with the area...
do you use memory cursor or reset cursor option?

I tested it again, and she has 13 base mp and is getting 87 from the ether so yeah exactly 100.  Cursor is reset. 

Edited by Zig

I was able to get a video of the out of bounds glitch happening although it doesn't show anything more than just the scrolling.  Would you be interested in seeing it?

Have you ever considered and would it be possible to program for the oracle class to be innately immune to blind since they can't see anyways?

sorry, video didn't really help.

wouldn't it make more sense to have them perma-blind then?

edit: or it does...
open !blue, scroll 1+ rows down, back out, go to a new skill set, hello bug...
I should just force memory cursor and replace the cursor option with something else, sounds like less headaches

Edited by praetarius5018

It'd just be a fun detail.  Is there anywhere in the number madness file that shows what stats each job level gives?

Edited by Zig

The last version of the game I have is 0.710 - would there be any save file compatibility issues if I updated to the latest v1.1?

Can someone give me a hint how to defeat Calofistri?  I can't get past her first life bar.  As best as I can tell I have to get her to a single health, then hit her again to get her to the next health bar, but she counters seemingly everything with drain so I can't get past that threshold.   I could also use some advice against Gogo.  The traditional strategy of doing nothing doesn't seem to work and he has such a large amount of health bars it doesn't seem practical to beat the timer.  Any help is appreciated. 

2 hours ago, Zig said:

Can someone give me a hint how to defeat Calofistri?  I can't get past her first life bar.  As best as I can tell I have to get her to a single health, then hit her again to get her to the next health bar, but she counters seemingly everything with drain so I can't get past that threshold.

I think Calofisteri is susceptible to petrify. I don't have a save there so I can't confirm, but I'm pretty sure I took her down with either that or some other status ailment. So, either Break or Shoat. You gotta hit with it for each health bar she has, miming those abilities to make it go faster. Confuse might be able to waste her turns as well. I don't really know a good way to kill her either, at least with damage. 

2 hours ago, Zig said:

I could also use some advice against Gogo.  The traditional strategy of doing nothing doesn't seem to work and he has such a large amount of health bars it doesn't seem practical to beat the timer.  Any help is appreciated. 

So for Gogo you just defend or switch rows a bunch. Since this mod does away with ATB, you have to take actions to progress time. The first boss Wing Raptor and Gogo are kinda weird with the fully turn based combat. Pick either Row or Defend, don't do both since if you defend with a character and then use another action like Row they get extra turns which won't move time forward.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Limstokes

Cali:
-be undead or drain poison type damage so she kills herself with drain
-stop or stun her so she can't counter
-get enough magic evade that she eventually misses with the drain counter
the issue is a clash of mechanics mostly; when you "kill" her by HP damage she gets to counter with drain which brings her back to > 1 HP

Gogo:
you have to get past X turns without hurting him, so... do the most natural thing and put your own team to sleep.
sleep only wears off when you get hurt, he doesn't do that by himself, so the whole thing takes like 3 seconds.

I'm close to Exdeath and once I defeat him I will start new game plus.  I've been playing on 3 difficulty but I will likely increase it to 2 or 1.  Can anyone give me a hint on which enemy I can learn Big Guard from?  And what does the status effect Muted do exactly?  Even if I put this on enemies they still seem to be able to cast spells.  Thank you all for your time. 

Big Guard -> same as vanilla, Stingray in W3 ocean near Carwen I think, kinda on the rare side as well, need confuse or better !control

mute nerfs accuracy and damage of all spells

v1.130

• changed battle RNG so that more than 256 states are possible during the same battle
  • !Brave now additionally grants +20 accuracy for that turn
  • added a dedicated boss flag for protection vs death by poison/HP leak and status resistance
  • monster now get a short time of increased status resistance after getting afflicted by a status (duration varies by status inflicted)
  • changed monster %maxHP damage skills to be based on expected maxHP for the level instead of actual maxHP
  • monster %maxHP damage skills are additionally subject to the target's m.def, m.eva, VIT and MAG
  • edited AI of Sol Canon
  • edited AI of Galura
  • removed heavy flag from Ramuh again
  • monster now use their magic stat as base stat for level based magic (e.g. snowstorm) instead of their level
  • increased accuracy of monster specials
  • berserk now increases crit chance and reduces accuracy and magic power
  • fixed a bug with cursor position for new skill menues after opening !blue menu
  • fixed a bug that made certain attacks deal double the intended damage on expert
  • reduced NG+ expert level scaling
  • reduced Terrain/SonicBoom from 3/4 to 1/2 damage
  • Tule magic shop now additionally sells Time/Bleed and Summon/Chocobo spells - for single job or sage stone purposes
  • increased cooldown of potion from 3 to 5
  • increased cooldown of hi-potion from 7 to 9
  • increased cooldown of ether from 5 to 6
  • reduced STR, MAG and evade growth of monster
  • changed swords, lances, katana from STR/VIT scaling to pure STR scaling
  • Istory now sells all 8 absorb/high resistance amulets
  • changed prices of absorb element amulets to 30000
  • changed prices of high resistance amulets to 18000
  • replaced Jade accessoire with Guard Ring: auto-armor/shell buffs
  • Protect Ring has increased regen ticks compared to regular

On 7/27/2019 at 5:23 AM, praetarius5018 said:

Big Guard -> same as vanilla, Stingray in W3 ocean near Carwen I think, kinda on the rare side as well, need confuse or better !control

mute nerfs accuracy and damage of all spells

Hey man, is there a way to reset job levels? 

I did a dumb job combination, i think i can fix it with a new game+(max job lv increases), but i just wanted to know if there is an option to reset job lvs to re-grind again

Thought I'd give this mod another shot... Right now I'm sitting outside the wind temple trying to figure out who should get what classes. I didn't see any mention of what the green squares mean in the classes file - what are they?

Also, this is probably nit-picky but the blue (purple?) guy in the beginner house still claims that passives equipped are replaced with certain actives in battle even though passives are equipped separately now