praetarius5018

Final Fantasy V: Void Divergence - Discussion

339 posts in this topic

v1.520

• nerfed !recover from target all to target one
  • fixed !throw not being restricted by cooldown
  • fixed after battle recovery setting HP to 0 if under the influence of giant potion
  • corrected text in beginner house regarding run speed on the map
  • fork tower (physical) no longer disables white/black/time/summon/blue/song spells
  • fixed underflow in Minus Strike damage calculation
  • if hidden and trying to use brv. !show is used instead to prevent a game lockup
  • nerfed axe up property of crit up passive from [100..200]% damage to [100..150]% damage
  • fixed bug in damage range of axes giving them > 2x the intended max power
  • reduced the bonus rune weapons get from MAG to 1/4 its previous value
  • increased atk of rune edge from 72 to 92
  • certain enemies/bosses are now protected against polymorph effects and instead take damage when the status succeeds

....Turning encounters off probably would have helped.

Edit: encountered a bit of a bug; vampire Faris somehow learned Siren during the fight with Siren.

Also, is there a way to heal undead characters besides drain effects? Relying on ice damage to heal isn't exactly working well against Shiva.

Screenshot (44).png

Edited by TauzentBlitz

Actually, I do want to point out an interaction that I had forgotten to until now; with two time mages in a party, one can brave, then shift, then perform an action, giving an action to the other time mage. This can be used to brave, shift, and then perform another action, repeat ad-nauseum for as long as you wish.

Edited by Ninners

On 11/28/2019 at 5:08 PM, TauzentBlitz said:

Edit: encountered a bit of a bug; vampire Faris somehow learned Siren during the fight with Siren.

well, you are supposed to get it from killing her, so that is nothing I'll lose sleep over.

On 11/28/2019 at 5:08 PM, TauzentBlitz said:

Also, is there a way to heal undead characters besides drain effects? Relying on ice damage to heal isn't exactly working well against Shiva.

regen status, sylph, white wind, death effects

44 minutes ago, Ninners said:

Actually, I do want to point out an interaction that I had forgotten to until now; with two time mages in a party, one can brave, then shift, then perform an action, giving an action to the other time mage. This can be used to brave, shift, and then perform another action, repeat ad-nauseum for as long as you wish.

I take that as proof that I have copied brave/default too well - close to my hero abuse in the original...
currently no idea how to circumvent that short of removing the skill...

I love shift and have fun with it so I wouldn't want to see it removed !!! Right now I just forbid myself from using shift on turns granted by shift which does the job nicely.

I think the option I have that would make the most sense is to treat shift as if the target had just used "brave", so it can't use brave to gain more mp.

The game crashes if I manage to damage the Garkimas in castle Walse. Didn't happen in earlier versions...

Actually it looks like casting Fury crashes the game.

Edited by TauzentBlitz

yeah, I got the same bug report 2 days ago but had no time until now to look at it, so....

v1.530

• shift now counts as the target using brave, so brave can't be used on the extra turns
  • fixed a crash related to status effects

So hey enjoying the hack so far, had a quick question does removing the sage stone after unlocking the class proper still give the permanent old status? Like say using sage stone for ranger early on Faris and then removing it later once the class is unlocked properly? 

no, that is basically the intended use. the other is sacrificing a relic slot permanently for job combos that are on the overpowered side.

you only get the old status if you have a job that the current character either can't get or you have not unlocked yet; sage stone skips those checks and returns "nothing to see here, move along"

Nice thanks for answering, had another question on if you had any plans for a future update to add a revive option for undead party members? I know they plenty of methods to heal, but once they go down they stay down from what I've tested

no, there's no such plan.
this is more or less intentional and present since the base game, undead party members basically trade the option to be revived for immunity to several death effects.
not sure about the phoenix spell, that one may bypass that though.
at least you can recycle undead corpses via vamp's Genome/Sacrifice.

Ah that makes sense then. No the pheonix spell doesn't bypass that so there's no way at all to revive them. There goes my plan for an entire undead party since not having a revive is a pretty big drawback that makes it not worth it, maybe. I might still go for it later. For right now I'm going to experiment with a mage Galus and frontline fighter Lenna for this run.

Is there a condition needed to learn spells for Genome/Oath? I just beat the siren again (on difficulty 1 + expert... barely made it with only 1 character alive) and it isn't showing up in my spell list at all.

Edited by TauzentBlitz

oooh. Yeah, I didn't actually have a vampire in the party at all - there's no good options for healing undead at that point in the game.

... I think I should save difficulty1/expert for NG+ when I actually have more options. Do void shards even carry over in NG+?

Nee to double check something. How much does Recycle affect cool downs and does it affect other cooldown moves like Twin cut? I know Tinker affects it, but I'm not sure if it also applies to Recycle

recycle reduces remaining cooldown by 256 points when you end a turn
defending reduces remaining cooldown by 25% when you end a turn
otherwise cooldown ticks down at a rate of 3:1 per atb unit
so for simplicity just say that recycle roughly doubles item cooldown; more the faster you are

Alright then so a high agi character could get a lot of use out of Recycle then. Was planning on using Faris with it so the plan is speed is already taken care of. While you can't spam twin cut and X fight still it's still helps damage out. Also all the cooldown attacks like Deathblow, twincut, and Xfight have the same cooldown rate right? 

I'm a big fan of blue magic but i can be a bit of a stickler for locations... does anyone have any tips for finding all the new blue spells (like crusher, snowstorm, etc.)? I want to get them as early as possible and i don't want to miss them, nor do i quite remember where the aforementioned skills show up in game. 

names may not match 100% to the translation

L? Holy - Tricker, Elm Gigas, Ixecrator, Bardandels, LevelCheck, Xdeath (bonus phase)

Snowstorm - Page 32, Whirl Demon, Blizzard, CrysDragon
(there's an enemy special that has the same name so I might have confused an instance or two of it)

Crusher - MithrilDragon (alone), Rock Brain, ShieldDragon, BoneDragon, BlandLamia, Tote Avis, Great Dragon (counter), Mind Mage (counter), Gargoyle, Xdeath (bonus phase)