Sign in to follow this  
13arabba

SNES Classic Modding

10 posts in this topic

Hi y'all! I was wondering if it's possible to modify the Final Fantasy 3 game on the SNES classic into Brave New World using the program mentioned in this article and Lunar IPS?

Is the game version on the SNES Classic the same one that would be patchable for BNW? Does anyone here have an SNES Classic to confirm?

I don't know, but adding a new rom shouldn't be an issue. Meaning, you could use a normal FF3US rom file and upload that, instead of using the copy provided via the SNES Classic.

BNW doesn't have platform specific releases, but aims to be compatible with the original hardware (and as such, should work well with most emulators/variations to play SNES games). This doesn't mean that it works on SNES Classic, just that it is very likely to work.

Why not simply try it out? You could report your findings here, probably interesting information for more people around these parts. :]

Answered to the best of my knowledge. Knowing full well that I'm no expert in the area, I welcome being corrected.

BNW is not picky about what version of the game you patch - it'll force-convert the game to the right one. Only thing you need to be sure of is whether you're patching a headered or unheadered ROM.

I play BNW on a snes classic but I didn't mod the rom that came with it, I just put the modded rom I already had on there.