BTB

Coming Soon: Brave New World 2.0

214 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Reiker said:

snip

Hmm....

I was rather aggressive with you because I perceived your previous post as very passive-aggressive. While there was redundancy in what I posted, a couple of points I made did address issues you brought up in in this post. Namely: Terrato Sabin can serve the Protector role while providing Chakra / Mantra support, and Mantra not necessarily being redundant with Chakra team because several of the recipients of Chakra don't have good party healing (X-Strago, c/c Illumina, c/c Punisher, Rerise spam Shadow).

Still, my apologies for my aggressive attitude.

Just a thought, the new row mechanics can potentially be a buff to c/c characters that have lower stamina or attack power, like stam edgar. Being more likely to be attacked in the front row will make the lower stamina hurt less and make defense matter more for c/c characters. This also means you could do a sort of "soft tank" by having a character be the only person in the front row but not having cover, this would work well with phantom shadow I think, since his evasion is penalized and he can't use image while covering. I'm still not sure how I feel about only covering backrow characters though, I think it would be better with thzfuzzymzn's idea to make HP-Critical happen at 1/4th hp. In addition to making cover function better at saving low HP guys it would also make desperation attacks proc more frequently. I've personally only ever had a desperation attack go off once in BNW, and it was with sabin in the colosseum.

Edit: I also have a couple of questions about some of the new stuff. If you have a shield or a weapon that gives an auto status, like hero shield or aegis shield, do you lose it when you switch it out? And does strago and relm's aero rod auto-crit like the other rods do?

Edited by JohnFuklaw

Updated the changelog again. Clarified some of the tentative/unclear points about enemy stats and behavior, finalized all of the rage changes (hopefully), and swapped around the Poison/Bio (now "Sap") spells.

If you'd let me. I'd like to borrow your elemental resistance/immunity/absorption idea to my game also, it just makes sense to me, @BTB.

Edited by Cross

On 8/18/2018 at 8:55 PM, Echoherb said:

Any chance of the Auction House ever returning in any way shape or form? 

Not as an auction house. It will be repurposed to an advanced beginner school in 1.10, so the one in Narshe doesn’t have to get replaced. 

Changelog updated again. Of note is the re-branding of the "poison" element to disassociate itself from the status of the same name (which tended to cause confusion) and move it toward being a "dark" counterpart to the holy element, moving Crusader to a cash gate instead of a boss gate along with swapping Holy and Merton on it and Alexandr, and some changes to the Bio Blaster (now available later) and Flash (now weaker since the "Blind" status will be much more effective). Raze also gets weaker and loses the "dark" element, thus making it more of an all-purpose midgame damager until Dark shows up.

Also of note are some buffs to Break and Quake to make up for their increases MP costs along with the fact that "standard" enemy magic defense will be lower in the coming update (although bosses will tend toward the current value, so this is an overall buff in that regard).

Edited by BTB

24 minutes ago, BTB said:

Raze also gets weaker and loses the "dark" element

Raze loses the "dark" element

Just when I thought Strago was going to be out of my main rotation for once, they pull him back in.

More changelog updates. Alexandr and Crusader are being swapped (details inside), Merton becomes a fire/"dark" elemental spell (instead of fire/wind), and shop edits are elaborated upon.

Edited by BTB

4 hours ago, BTB said:

More changelog updates. Alexandr and Crusader are being swapped (details inside), Merton becomes a fire/"dark" elemental spell (instead of fire/wind), and shop edits are elaborated upon.

Doesn’t that mess with the lazy shell immunities?

Edited by SuperHario

Yeah, I dropped the idea of the Lazy Shell being a mass prevention tool for everyone.

On the other hand, setting it to "dark" damage means that the Ghost Ring is a prevention relic that anyone can use. If you're going to go gimmick, go big or go home.

21 hours ago, BTB said:

Yeah, I dropped the idea of the Lazy Shell being a mass prevention tool for everyone.

On the other hand, setting it to "dark" damage means that the Ghost Ring is a prevention relic that anyone can use. If you're going to go gimmick, go big or go home.

Any chance on the addition or replacement of a spell? Through testing I found that the Warp Whistle retains its effect without the Warp Spell being present in the spell list (both in and outside of battle), so the Warp Spell is unnecessary and can be reworked into something else. I posted a couple of ideas in the Experimental magic build thread for possible Stamina options for Relm and Edgar since atm their Stamina builds are more gimmicky than useful, at least in 1.9.

3 hours ago, GamingFiend said:

Any chance on the addition or replacement of a spell? Through testing I found that the Warp Whistle retains its effect without the Warp Spell being present in the spell list (both in and outside of battle), so the Warp Spell is unnecessary and can be reworked into something else. I posted a couple of ideas in the Experimental magic build thread for possible Stamina options for Relm and Edgar since atm their Stamina builds are more gimmicky than useful, at least in 1.9.

I'll personally chime in that I'm hoping more for Stamina to actually get a truly solid universal use, instead of having a bunch of minor uses all dependent upon stamina-based damage/heals & HP ELs to glue them together. (C/C being the one exception to this rule). Current idea I'm hoping on is individual statuses / status attacks having a variable amount of "how much stamina is needed to evade this status" (stamina is checked against 1..max instead of a hard 1..128 check), so that stamina can function as "status dodge" stat without requiring endgame-extreme stamina stacking to actually function in that regard.

Just to be clear, Crusader is now gotten after beating wrexsoul and is usable by both Cyan and Celes? I wanted to do another playthrough and try to abuse merton, should be fun with two merton users.

On 9/3/2018 at 0:17 PM, dissident said:

Just joined to say keep up the good work. Looking forward to trying the mod after this release. 

Thank you!

44 minutes ago, scrapmettle said:

Just to be clear, Crusader is now gotten after beating wrexsoul and is usable by both Cyan and Celes? I wanted to do another playthrough and try to abuse merton, should be fun with two merton users.

That is correct, yes. And Crusader also has Demi/Quartr while Alexandr now only has Holy.

On 7/27/2018 at 3:39 PM, BTB said:

Characters in the back row are now less likely to be targeted by enemy attacks (Think)

I keep thinking about this modification, and I'm curious about the numbers on it. What's the plan for the extent this will have on the probability of being targeted?

1 hour ago, SirNewtonFig said:

I keep thinking about this modification, and I'm curious about the numbers on it. What's the plan for the extent this will have on the probability of being targeted?

It won't be TOO significant - just enough to be worth considering. I'll let Think talk about it, though, since he's the one working the logic.

ANYWAY... more changelog updates. Big one as of now is an update to the Regen formula which relies less on the character's max HP. It's a minor change for most characters, but it's a significant buff to high stamina squishies (Relm/Strago) and a huge kick in the nuts to 25 Terrato Sabin. Also of note is switching the 3/16 step on Earth Blues to Wind Slash so that it's no longer a wasted turn in boss fights, some elaboration on WHICH bosses are getting their HP slashed, and some other stuff I can't remember.

Seriously, the changelog is fucking 30 kb of raw text right now. My changelog needs a changelog. Fuck me.

9 hours ago, BTB said:

ANYWAY... more changelog updates. Big one as of now is an update to the Regen formula which relies less on the character's max HP. It's a minor change for most characters, but it's a significant buff to high stamina squishies (Relm/Strago) and a huge kick in the nuts to 25 Terrato Sabin.

Ooh, Letha's not going to be happy about that one! :o

It always felt a little weird that HP did almost as much for Regen as Stamina when Regen ticks are the closest thing to a "main effect" that Stamina has.  I'm glad that's being changed.

Dude, Letha busted a nut over the regen change. Something about Stamina Strago being "your new god..."

Well, this playthrough I'm wrapping up was a good time to lean hard on non-Stamina builds in order to really enjoy the C&C/Regen hilarity in the next update. I can't wait for Strago.

Forgot to mention this suggestion and was reminded by its inclusion as an optional difficulty modifier in DQXI:

Any thoughts about adding a modifier to reduce experience gained by a fight if you over-level the monsters you are fighting? Could be based on monster level vs. party average or vs. highest level character in the party, depending on what you exactly wanted to achieve. Should be a good way to reduce the complaint of over-leveling and encourage switching characters.

I was curious if it'd be possible to use the Woolsey Uncensored Mod with the "Vanilla" version of this mod, and if not would it be a difficult task to make it work?