BTB

Coming Soon: Brave New World 2.0

214 posts in this topic

Shouldn't the rats only cast Poison if you're over leveled (like > lv 7 or so)? It's so the early enemies can still be relevant when you have to backtrack there later. You shouldn't need to grind levels so early as to encounter Poison as solo Terra.

2 hours ago, Wavefunction said:

Would it be possible to include a bit more detailed descriptions of spells/summons ingame? Like their base power, additional effect and for the summons a whole description as the game don't show you what the summon actually does when used during battle (if it does show then I'm sorry for mentioning a dumb suggestion). Even if it's hard to include that now, I really hope to see it in BNW 1.11 or later versions.

Generally speaking, no. One issue is that I have filled up every data bank I was given to work with, and expanding the ROM isn't the magic bullet people think it is since it doesn't necessarily create that space *where* you want it. Even if you could work around that, the second and more damning issue is a simple lack of real estate to display data on. As it stands, things are already pretty cramped, and I've rejected rage description patches for awhile on the grounds that there's no real way to fit all of the relevant data into the allotted space.

As far as including summon info in game, as far as I remember that was unfortunately removed when the Esper equip bonuses were added. The response is likely going to be something about space (either in the overall banks or for the individual frames... or both).

Regarding the difficulty, you mentioned the rats going at you when you only have Terra. Early game enemies will behave more aggressively when the party is higher level. This is so that they still do something noticeable on return trips. A few examples are Wild Rats, Leafers, Repo Man, and Mammoth. All of these monsters have 'extra' attacks that they'll start tossing out after you reach level 7. Advice on handling that would largely be to avoid grinding unless you find you really need it.

On 8/7/2018 at 8:44 PM, BTB said:

Aurabolt

Well there's also the problem that Aurabolt respecting row just doesn't make much sense. It could confuse new players, but... that's not a great argument when there's a lot of things in this mod that will confuse new players unless they constantly consult the documentation.

It seems like you don't like the idea of Stamina Sabin having an offensive option... which I'm okay with but what should he get instead? Most people seem to agree that the build is underpowered (although I quite like it). Maybe the Mantra changes are "enough" but... I'm kinda meh about it. Mantra's not great, a lot of other characters get better healing options that don't even really require you to dump ELs into a particular stat (Hello, Go Fish). The point of Stamina Sabin is to backrow him and use Chakra, which is fine but a bit one-dimensional. That's why I've been suggesting changes to Aurabolt, Fire Dance, and Sonic Boom in the past. I think I suggested at one point that Aurabolt is decent backrow Stamina damage (but obviously shouldn't compete with Strength Sabin attacks), Fire Dance be okay MT Stamina damage (although that's kinda boring, idk), and Sonic Boom be okay MT Stamina damage with some sort of status like Stop or Slow. The build's getting closer to some sort of hybrid utility/damage class which is cool, but the backrow Aurabolt thing is still weird to me. Ideally Vigor Sabin should be the one-dimensional just hits things hard build while Stamina Sabin is more flexible with your main attraction being Chakra. The question is, what do you give him to make him flexible but not overlap with other characters. The game's kinda limited and there's a very finite amount of abilities/effects to spread around 14 characters.

Eclipse

I've never really used Mutsunokami/Kazekiri so that's where my reservations are with this change. If I remember right, those weapons have a high chance to proc but it's not guaranteed right? Having a % chance of wasting your turn is pretty rough, and Cyan's not the speediest guy. But who knows, maybe with the right gear it could be super overpowered. Will have to test when 1.10 is out.

I guess it just seems weird to me to give one of the lowest Magic Power characters in the game a Magic based attack. Like, when would you ever choose to use Eclipse? I get that the point is the blind status, but that seems kinda meh. Why blind things when you can just kill them? I understood your intention behind the changes but it just seems like we're dumpstering Eclipse here.

Blackjack is the only real "buff" to Slots, and it ultimately does depend at how reliably you can hit them.

I consider Setzer the best character in the game so any buff to his main damage ability is a bit surprising to me.

The Colosseum

The Colosseum is one thing in BNW that I feel is better in the vanilla game. What I like about the vanilla Colosseum is that with a bit of strategy and experimenting with the trades, you can gain a real gear advantage. In the vanilla game you have several points in which you can go to the Colosseum and trade things around, for example the Elixir -> Rename Card -> Marvel Shoes trade. In BNW, I mostly ignore it.

It feels too restrictive. I understand you want to limit players but... what am I supposed to be using the Colosseum for? I basically just use it to turn the Atma Weapon into a Mirage Vest... not because I don't want to use the Atma Weapon, but because if I have to choose between one or the other I'm taking the Mirage Vest. Even if you want to do an Atma Weapon build it's not worth it because it's the only source of the Mirage Vest in the game. I don't like that sort of design. You can't even trade the Illumina and Apocalypse for some reason.

The Sage Stone > Nirvana Band > Rogue Cloak loop can be useful, but everything else tends to end up with a downgrade if you win. Lame.

99% of players just ignore the Colosseum (even in Vanilla, where it's useful) because it's a lot of time investment for little payoff even if you know what you're doing. I feel like it's one area where you could give "expert" players a bit more freedom to gain some additional power.

Edited by Reiker

23 minutes ago, Reiker said:

I've never really used Mutsunokami/Kazekiri so that's where my reservations are with this change. If I remember right, those weapons have a high chance to proc but it's not guaranteed right? Having a % chance of wasting your turn is pretty rough, and Cyan's not the speediest guy. But who knows, maybe with the right gear it could be super overpowered. Will have to test when 1.10 is out.

I guess it just seems weird to me to give one of the lowest Magic Power characters in the game a Magic based attack. Like, when would you ever choose to use Eclipse? I get that the point is the blind status, but that seems kinda meh. Why blind things when you can just kill them? I understood your intention behind the changes but it just seems like we're dumpstering Eclipse here.

Well for Cyan there is Stamina Build with Cover/Counter which i think will be where Kazekiri/Mutsunokami will shine Yeah it's no guaranteed to Proc but on a C/C set up any counter could result in a Proc giving you a free AoE attack, and Stam Cyan is very hard to kill and will C/C pretty often so there's potential (al least when the ennemy isn't immune to Wind), this look really good for Cyan I'm concern however that Shadow might make Mutsunokami/Kazekiri more usefull than Cyan, I'm still worried that a Phantom Shadow with Mutsunokami + Kagenui + Rogue Cloak might be to powerfull (especially with a C/C set up that unlike Cyan Shadow can pull off with Mutsunokami and only Hero Ring as a relic thanks to Ninja Mask) but will have to test when new version cames out.

Updated the changelog again, most notably with some more rage changes (which have been affected by me working on - and also renaming quite a few - enemies) and put in mention of a few new hacks courtesy of Seibaby and Think. Also put in a note about a little save point we added before a certain optional boss fight...

On 7/27/2018 at 3:39 PM, BTB said:

• Characters in the back row are now less likely to be targeted by enemy attacks (Think)

• The "Defend" and "Row" commands now only consume half of a turn (Think)

Love these ideas. I feel like the half-turn setback would be appropriate for weapon/shield swapping too, if that gets implemented.

"Characters in back-row are now less likely to be targeted by enemy attacks"

Is this for physicals, magical, status, and misc?

Also, have you thought of making the "Wound" status happen at 1/4 max HP, instead of 1/16? Might allow Cover to actually help a character about to die from another attack, whereas 1/16 makes it difficult to get into the right range for such an event to happen without flat killing the character. Also, worried that this change AND the "Cover only covers back-row" might nerf Cover strats a little too much.

This change and the Cover change make a LOT of sense, but I am a little worried about it making the back-row too good again. Cover tanks helps make the front-row useful, but outside of Cover tanks, I'm a little worried, especially for a more glass-cannony friends. (Shadow's good enough anyways in the front-row, mostly more worried about later game vig Sabin, vig Cyan, and glass cannon Locke. Still, this is all just spitballing and pondering. The above paragraphy is more substantial)

12 hours ago, thzfunnymzn said:

"Characters in back-row are now less likely to be targeted by enemy attacks"

Is this for physicals, magical, status, and misc?

Also, have you thought of making the "Wound" status happen at 1/4 max HP, instead of 1/16? Might allow Cover to actually help a character about to die from another attack, whereas 1/16 makes it difficult to get into the right range for such an event to happen without flat killing the character. Also, worried that this change AND the "Cover only covers back-row" might nerf Cover strats a little too much.

This change and the Cover change make a LOT of sense, but I am a little worried about it making the back-row too good again. Cover tanks helps make the front-row useful, but outside of Cover tanks, I'm a little worried, especially for a more glass-cannony friends. (Shadow's good enough anyways in the front-row, mostly more worried about later game vig Sabin, vig Cyan, and glass cannon Locke. Still, this is all just spitballing and pondering. The above paragraphy is more substantial)

HMM make sense Cover working only on Back Row character might make Glass Canon harder to play, combine with the character in Back Row are less likely to get targeted could definitly nerf C/C strat tough on the other side that means the user of C/C set up which will be in the front row will get targetted more often, so that also mean more Counter as a result, and this will be true for Glass Canon at the front Row to if you can manage to make them survive a little might get more counter as a result plus when they will get hit they will most likely be Wounded and as a result thetTanky C/C will come into play, will have to test when the update comes out but I think that could be work around.

Front row characters getting targeted more means that, not C/C, but Counter all on its own, gets a slight buff, which I guess slightly pushes Cover to being an actually, ya' know, defensive technique (I guess?). IMO, this is a good thing, as too many people seem to be auto-associating the two concepts in their head, even though Counter has existed as a useful status for quite a long time before 1.9. Also, imo, Cover really should be a primarily defensive status for defending squishies, with C/C being a special set-up. A good special, mind you.

Back row seeing less of any ST attack is straight up great for Thamasa, Shadow, Gau, any bulky healer / supporter, as well as Dragoon & Dragon Cyan. OTOH, stam Cyan has incentive to C/C in the front-row (with either type of katana, now), and a few bulky healers can probably make decent use of Cover as well (Terra, Setzer). Front-row, however, I'm concerned, as way back in....1.6?.....the WT crew got the "damaged reduction from back row" nerfed. Used to take half damage in back row, which created too large a gap in bulk between front and back row, especially because front row offered no advantage except physical damage, which wasn't exactly out-damaging magical damage at the time.

Things are different now (Bushido is nuts, Cover exists, physical glass cannons seem more popular), but I'm still a little worried about the physical glass cannons as well as Sabin / Cyan in the front row. OTOH, bulky front-row units (primarily Celes and Edgar) love having a passive way to draw attention to them and away from the squishies, though they'll want some status relics if ST status attacks are also being drawn towards them. Guess it's an incentive to put HP/stam builds into the front row, a row traditionally only useful for vig builds, so it's overall a good thing. Just a little worried about how it'll interact with some of the squishier front-line units, and a little worried that back-row units might get away with too much. We'll see.

(Also, just noticed that extra attacks means Image / Reflect dispel slightly faster in the front row. Stealth nerf to Morph vig Terra, lulz. Not recommending anything be done, other than paying attention for what happens)

22 minutes ago, thzfunnymzn said:

Front row characters getting targeted more means that, not C/C, but Counter all on its own, gets a slight buff, which I guess slightly pushes Cover to being an actually, ya' know, defensive technique (I guess?). IMO, this is a good thing, as too many people seem to be auto-associating the two concepts in their head, even though Counter has existed as a useful status for quite a long time before 1.9. Also, imo, Cover really should be a primarily defensive status for defending squishies, with C/C being a special set-up. A good special, mind you.

Back row seeing less of any ST attack is straight up great for Thamasa, Shadow, Gau, any bulky healer / supporter, as well as Dragoon & Dragon Cyan. OTOH, stam Cyan has incentive to C/C in the front-row (with either type of katana, now), and a few bulky healers can probably make decent use of Cover as well (Terra, Setzer). Front-row, however, I'm concerned, as way back in....1.6?.....the WT crew got the "damaged reduction from back row" nerfed. Used to take half damage in back row, which created too large a gap in bulk between front and back row, especially because front row offered no advantage except physical damage, which wasn't exactly out-damaging magical damage at the time.

Things are different now (Bushido is nuts, Cover exists, physical glass cannons seem more popular), but I'm still a little worried about the physical glass cannons as well as Sabin / Cyan in the front row. OTOH, bulky front-row units (primarily Celes and Edgar) love having a passive way to draw attention to them and away from the squishies, though they'll want some status relics if ST status attacks are also being drawn towards them. Guess it's an incentive to put HP/stam builds into the front row, a row traditionally only useful for vig builds, so it's overall a good thing. Just a little worried about how it'll interact with some of the squishier front-line units, and a little worried that back-row units might get away with too much. We'll see.

(Also, just noticed that extra attacks means Image / Reflect dispel slightly faster in the front row. Stealth nerf to Morph vig Terra, lulz. Not recommending anything be done, other than paying attention for what happens)

Well I'm not worry about Stam Cyan (and to that extend Stam Edgar and Stam Locke) as he is so resistant + access to good defensive gear that there is really no need to make him in the Back Row might as well makes him help the glass canon in the front row, Sabin might suffer from that change indeed tough even in 1.6 when Back Row wasn't nerf I remember being fine with him in the front row even on WoR with Vigor build, Glass Canon will probably loves being on the Front for more damage and more chance to Counter so the way I see it :

-Front Row : Tanks and Glass Canons
-Back Row : Magic users in general and Dragoon

I admit that I too am worried that Back Row might get slightly to powerfull with that Back Row get less targeted thing, overall I think this might make Back Row to powerfull against physical especially if you cast Image on the Back Row user as you mention they will not get attack very often and so they might keep the image longuer, I think the problem is overall there is no disadvantages at being in the Back Row like the only malus is your physical damage is reduce but who will put a physical character in the back row so that malus is irrelevant while being in the front row means you're take more damage and now you getting targetted more often with the only advantages being C/C and full damage for physical attack, overall I actually think that the Back Row get less targetted thing is unecessary, this is already a system that is habitually use in J-RPG that has no row mechanic like the Dragon Quest games (where there is no row but character that are put in last spot are less likely to get targeted) so I have mix feeling about implement it in a row system. But again we will se when 1.10 comes out.

7 hours ago, Nesouk said:

I think the problem is overall there is no disadvantages at being in the Back Row like the only malus is your physical damage is reduce but who will put a physical character in the back row so that malus is irrelevant while being in the front row means you're take more damage and now you getting targetted more often.

I think you just pointed out the disadvantage of the back row yourself. Its disadvantage and its advantage are the same thing — the increased threat to your front liner(s). Before this proposed change, there was actually no disadvantage to the back row, but now there is.

Vig Sabin, Morph vig Terra, and Shadow (to a lesser extent), who all want that front row action, are now hurt when their buddies hide behind them. This makes the choice of putting your other squishes in the back row more significant. These glass cannon characters now demand at least one other front liner to share the responsibility, so this also adds one more variable to the party composition thought process — something I certainly appreciate.

The only part that concerns me a little is the inability for front-liners to Cover one another, but I'm willing to see how this plays out before I cry too hard about that one.

Hey there! I'm loving the mod so far, but am concerned about the low max lvl cap and wanted to hear why you decided on that design choice.

I've always been of the mindset that an RPG should never create artificial difficulty through caps - - especially end game it should be left up to the player whether or not to grind heavily and make the game easier. Making something hard simply because you can't progress further is great for forcing use of strategy (and that's probably what you're going for here), but it takes away that grind freedom. 

Any chance you'd consider adding an option to increase the cap? Thanks again for all your hard work! 

20 minutes ago, FoppyOmega said:

Hey there! I'm loving the mod so far, but am concerned about the low max lvl cap and wanted to hear why you decided on that design choice.

I've always been of the mindset that an RPG should never create artificial difficulty through caps - - especially end game it should be left up to the player whether or not to grind heavily and make the game easier. Making something hard simply because you can't progress further is great for forcing use of strategy (and that's probably what you're going for here), but it takes away that grind freedom. 

Any chance you'd consider adding an option to increase the cap? Thanks again for all your hard work! 

The answer to this one is pretty easy: working with smaller numbers is exponentially easier than larger ones, and balancing within a smaller range of possible levels is easier than with a larger one. I didn't "lower the cap" so much as I just shrank the total range I was working with - consider level 50 in BNW the equivalent of 99 in vanilla.

Although the level cap is advertised as 50, players will generally never see it. I'm a firm believer in that the player should never *see* the invisible boundaries, so to speak, so you're generally not going to get very far into the "soft" cap that starts at the late 30's.

Edited by BTB

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like all this update is doing is reducing HP/MP gains past level 30 to make those ELs more important. I can see it being a tough balancing act for those ELs since those stats naturally increase as you level, and other stats don't, so you can essentially get "extra" HP/MP ELs by leveling. The game is balanced to be beatable at level 30, and you still definitely gain power by leveling past 30, so I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's not an actual cap. I think the highest any of my characters ever got was like 34.

Overall I think the cover/row changes are pretty good. I always found the row anti-synergies kinda awkward, for example Stamina Cyan's attacks (Dragon/Eclipse) aren't affected by row, so naturally you'd want him in the back row, but you can't cover from the back row; you can do C/C but the counter attacks are based on Vigor and you're in a Stamina build. The new katana changes seem to partially address that (the wind damage proc is affected by row, right?), although we're introducing a new anti-synergy with Aurabolt.

But like I mentioned I like the row change. Remember that this whole system only affects physical attacks that respect row, which honestly in the grand scheme of things aren't the worst attacks you'll be facing anyways.

I'm still trying to pin down Stamina Sabin's role. Traditionally you just stick him in the back row and spam Chakra in a party with 3 mages. This is a pretty squishy setup, and you usually make up for it with Golem/Zoneseek/Shield. But I wonder if there's a potential to give Sabin something to do in the front row and use him as a coverbot. I guess that's supposed to be Aurabolt now, but meh... maybe if Mantra gave Sabin the Image status or something? Shrug.

Just like all the usual RPGs, that level cap is only something you'll achieve if you are some sort of completionist.  Even to defeat the games hardest enemies, you only need to be in your mid 30s.  Should you reach the early 40s, you'll find the entire game including bosses a cakewalk.  It'll basically be like walking through the vanilla version with the Genji Glove/Offering combo on one character.

One thing I've always disliked about most vanilla versions of games is the fact that the final bosses don't scale and are designed with to be about 2/3 of the cap, so if the cap is 99, they're around 60-70, but superbosses tend to make players level into the 80s or 90s (for most players, especially on initial playthrough).  So if you like doing the superbosses, either you finish the game and reload the save before finishing and then do the superbosses, or just grind and take on the superbosses first, then accept the fact that you'll steamroll the final bosses.

...and that is why we don't do superbosses.

@Reiker

RE: Stamina Sabin, it's basically Chakra/Mantra, to be perfectly honest. The new Mantra formula is a fairly notable buff.

Edited by BTB

I'd like to see superbosses someday. Nothing is forcing you to over-level for any fight.

And right, I understand that Mantra and Chakra are Sabin's Stamina abilities. I mentioned those. My point is that there's some interesting potential to give him some sort of better-defined protector role since he has anti-synergy with actual tanks like Cyan (doesn't need MP), and has synergy with defensively weak characters (mages who need MP).

The problem with Mantra is that the characters that you'll want with Sabin all have their own healing spells, and then you can just use Chakra to restore the MP. It is a slight buff since it gives you more flexibility, ie. you need to heal and Terra is at full MP, you can use Ultima and Mantra instead of Cure and Chakra to get some more damage in. And that's still only if Sabin isn't too low since Mantra doesn't heal him.

Edited by Reiker

52 minutes ago, BTB said:

The answer to this one is pretty easy: working with smaller numbers is exponentially easier than larger ones, and balancing within a smaller range of possible levels is easier than with a larger one. I didn't "lower the cap" so much as I just shrank the total range I was working with - consider level 50 in BNW the equivalent of 99 in vanilla.

Although the level cap is advertised as 50, players will generally never see it. I'm a firm believer in that the player should never *see* the invisible boundaries, so to speak, so you're generally not going to get very far into the "soft" cap that starts at the late 30's.

Okay awesome, thanks for the explanation. I saw 50 and assumed most players would hit the cap, but sounds like you guys definitely know what you're doing. I'll play through before asking anything else.

@Reiker

I think you are making a mistake in conceiving of support Sabin only as stam Sabin. Support Sabin is actually Stray (stam) + Terrato (HP). If you want a protector Sabin, go heavy on the Terrato. Chakra still functions perfectly fine even on a heavy Terrato build - if Terrato Sabin's Chakra can do some major heavy-lifting and prove itself quite awesome in a Nowea Hard Type game (what I just did), then it's perfectly viable in a normal game. So, if you want a Protector Sabin, build heavy Terrato, use Mantra / Chakra, probably do some C/C Ocean Claw stuff to keep Sabin alive.

Honestly, Chakra is still the main selling point of support Sabin. If you ain't using Chakra, you have no business using support Sabin; please use vig Sabin instead. That said, Chakra's got a lot of stealth buffs since....1.7 or 1.8? Osmose is only half as strong as it used to be in the early days, meaning that Relm actually appreciates Figaro Support now without being strictly dependent on it like an X-Sage would. C/C with auto-crit on a lower MP character (Phantom Celes, Mog) can guzzle through MP; said C/C builds are also bulky front-row, Cover users, meaning that they all ready synergize well with squishy mages (Strago & Relm). 1.10's change to Strago's Dark pushes X-Dark more towards being high power but high MP (see: other X-Sages); while Strago does have X-Osmose, unlike the other Sages, X-Sage Strago, like Relm, should actually appreciate Figaro Support now. Also, it is still the case the Figaro Support is helpful / critical for a Rerise spamming Shadow or non-Bank Setzer (should hopefully see more use, now that Chakra is supporting more attackers as well as some tanks).

So while Chakra ain't any stronger (it shouldn't be), there's a lot more areas where it's useful now. Honestly, my only two disappointments right now a) support Sabin cannot support Merton spam while also benefiting from it's premier fire-absorb healing strat (he needs Lazy Shell just to get immunity; Edgar, meanwhile, can equip a Flame-/Multi-guard), and b) X-Mog, as an attacker, is still subpar and has gotten even worse (higher MP costs for no gain), so it's highly unlikely he'll find use when players have the shiny new X-Dark to abuse for big magical damage. (Note: as a supporter, Sage Stone on Mog grants X-Haste alongside other minor utility. Potentially useful for a Dancer Mog who wants extra party utility. But as an attacker, outside of Poison weaknesses, Sage Mog is very subpar).

For Aurabolt, something I think you're missing is that Aurabolt is an early- / mid-game move. It's battle power is simply not high enough for it to remain functional past Daryl's Tomb. Aurabolt is primarily there to keep stam Sabin functional until he learns Mantra. I will grant that, imo, it does look very weird that support Sabin grows like that. Imo, it'd look cleaner if support Sabin replaced Aurabolt or Sonic Boom with one other utility / healing Dance, leaving the stamina damage Blitz to be learned sometime in the WoR. He'd have an early-game utility, mid-game, and late game. But that's an aside, not a balance argument I really want to bring to the table right now (it was discussed previously) since I know BTB isn't up for it, and it doesn't change the fact that, even now, Aurabolt is more meant as filler until support Sabin really grows into his own in the WoR.

The new Mantra does mean Sabin can function as a decent healer prior to Chakra, as well as giving you some flexibility to heal with Sabin while your mage blows something up later in the game. Also, 1.9 and 1.10 have given some MP guzzles that don't have good heals, notably, X-Sage Strago, c/c Rod Mog, and Phantom Celes (new Mantra is better than unboosted Cure 2). True, Terra and Relm have Cure 3, but Terra is no longer the only character who appreciates Figaro Support.

I just defended support Sabin. Things are definitely different from how they were in the old days.

Edited by thzfunnymzn

3 hours ago, SirNewtonFig said:

I think you just pointed out the disadvantage of the back row yourself. Its disadvantage and its advantage are the same thing — the increased threat to your front liner(s). Before this proposed change, there was actually no disadvantage to the back row, but now there is.

Vig Sabin, Morph vig Terra, and Shadow (to a lesser extent), who all want that front row action, are now hurt when their buddies hide behind them. This makes the choice of putting your other squishes in the back row more significant. These glass cannon characters now demand at least one other front liner to share the responsibility, so this also adds one more variable to the party composition thought process — something I certainly appreciate.

The only part that concerns me a little is the inability for front-liners to Cover one another, but I'm willing to see how this plays out before I cry too hard about that one.

Fair point altough I mostly use a tank and Glass on Front and 2 caster behind I already never let a glass canon alone in the front row so this will change nothing for me on that par ^^.

2 hours ago, hypernova said:

One thing I've always disliked about most vanilla versions of games is the fact that the final bosses don't scale and are designed with to be about 2/3 of the cap, so if the cap is 99, they're around 60-70, but superbosses tend to make players level into the 80s or 90s (for most players, especially on initial playthrough).  So if you like doing the superbosses, either you finish the game and reload the save before finishing and then do the superbosses, or just grind and take on the superbosses first, then accept the fact that you'll steamroll the final bosses.

That's why I think it's cool when games make their superboss unlockable only after you finish the story or better when they make the Superboss an hiden version of the Final Boss only if you complete sidequestes (like Star Ocean 2 or The Last Remnant), superboss are meant to just be optionnal challenge for hardcore player (mostly) so I think best to handle is making so they are only available after the final boss so that the player don't worry about that during the main play and it stay what it should be a bonus after completing the game. That being said with the vast number of bosses already in FFVI BNW doesn't need any.

I did read and specifically addressed points made in your posts.

You complained about not knowing what stam Sabin's role is. I set the ground for expanding the concept of stam Sabin to support Sabin (HP and stamina), which opens the door for support Sabin's the focus more on bulk, with potential for Cover (Terrato) rather than raw Chakra numbers (stamina).

You complained about not knowing what Sabin's role is because of how weird Aurabolt looks in 1.10. I explained and partially agreed on what Aurabolt's purpose is and how it meshes with the overall role of what support Sabin is.

You complained about Mantra's utility. I explained and partially agreed on what Mantra's new utility is, as well as showcasing examples of who support Sabin can support who don't have (major) healing capabilities, thus showing that Mantra isn't quite as redundant as it used to be when Sabin mostly supported Terra & Relm.

You complained that support Sabin's traditional role is rather niche. I showcased examples in 1.9 and 1.10 of where support Sabin's traditional "Chakrabot" role has greatly improved, primarily through new strategies to support rather than increased numbers.

I answered your posts. I agreed with your Colosseum complaints. Please, do not sweep everything around as if "no one actually read my posts." Please, explain what specific issues you are having, why you are having them, why you think they are problems, and how it is that no one is seeing your point.

So, I didn't reply with a long breakdown of your post because I was just spitballing some random gameplay / balance ideas while I was bored at work, and your response was a bit aggressive and I didn't want to turn something that was supposed to be pretty casual into an argument.

11 hours ago, thzfunnymzn said:

If you ain't using Chakra, you have no business using support Sabin; please use vig Sabin instead.

I felt this was pretty condescending considering you are now the second person to try to explain to me that Chakra is the point of Stam Sabin, despite the fact that I myself mentioned that a few times already. It's especially confusing since I'm one of the few people here who defends and uses Stam Sabin.

Once again, I understand that Chakra is the point of Stam Sabin, however my point is that "spam one ability over and over" isn't super interesting, and the build has some potential for some additional support synergies, which I mentioned. I've even said before that I'm okay with "spam Chakra" being Sabin's role because it can be quite powerful, but there's been whole threads about people not liking Stamina Sabin and thinking he was under-powered, so I thought this was a reasonable place to address those concerns.

6 hours ago, thzfunnymzn said:

You complained about not knowing what stam Sabin's role is.

You complained about Mantra's utility

You complained that support Sabin's traditional role is rather niche.

If casually providing some gameplay ideas / suggestions is considered complaining now, then I give up on the internet.

Anyways, I didn't say I didn't know what Sabin's role was. I said it had potential to be expanded. I didn't complain that Mantra was bad, I said it was a bit redundant in the type of group you'd run Sabin in. And Sabin's role is one-dimensional, and I mentioned that I'm okay with that, but again there's potential to expand the role.

These types of posts are exhausting to make and for others to read (which is why I tried to avoid it), so let's try to keep things constructive.

Edited by Reiker