BTB

Coming Soon... (maybe): Brave New World 1.10

108 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Mugenhagen said:

I was curious if it'd be possible to use the Woolsey Uncensored Mod with the "Vanilla" version of this mod, and if not would it be a difficult task to make it work?

Unfortunately, the way BNW modified the rom moved a lot of shit around compared to vanilla, especially related to the dialogue, making this very difficult to do, and definitely not something you can do yourself without some significant hacking. My suggestion would be to wait until 1.10, because it will include a Woolsey-ish dialogue patch that will be compatible with BNW.

8 hours ago, Deschain said:

Unfortunately, the way BNW modified the rom moved a lot of shit around compared to vanilla, especially related to the dialogue, making this very difficult to do, and definitely not something you can do yourself without some significant hacking. My suggestion would be to wait until 1.10, because it will include a Woolsey-ish dialogue patch that will be compatible with BNW.

I'm pretty sure that TWUE also runs on an expanded rom, which BNW is not.

The rom expansion moves the text to an entirely different location IIRC.

Based on these listed patch notes, my only complaints so far are thus:

-The Reflect/Rflect change.  I liked how it worked on a timer.  (|=^(
-Death Ward/Quartz Charm no longer blocks instant death.  Arg.
-Royal Jacket is no longer fireproof.
-Big frowny face to Ribbon nerf.

I also understand this is done in the name of balance.

Mind you, this is a small list compared to the stuff I liked changed or didn't object to being changed.

Edited by Endarire

Reflect working on a timer made it entirely pointless as a deliberate defensive effect since you never knew when it was going to wear off and it would often do so before being of much use. Changing it to behave like Image guarantees that it will defend against at least something before going away.

A timer could potentially overpower reflect if enemies happen to scream at a magic wall all day until it runs out. Infinite runtime with a few hits to live seems the most balanced.

Updated the changerog yet again. This should be the last of any major updates: note the (tentative) updates to status display and the status screen along with finally doing something about how difficult running from fights became following the introduction of nATB. Also, as part of our ongoing efforts to scale back on needlessly-hidden things, Relm will now come equipped with the Memento Ring. Finally, some terminology changes will seek to make things easier to understand: spell points ("magic points" in vanilla) will now be called esper points, while what is currently called esper points will be rebranded as esperXP.

There are a few more additions yet to go into this list, but that should be it for anything particularly noteworthy.

Edited by BTB

Fantastic work, @BTB.

Are you still looking at that Leviathan mod in WoR you told me about that one night?

-Doorbellco

That's way off in the future. 2.0 material, for sure.