Sign in to follow this  
freespirit313701

Enemy level scaling

3 posts in this topic

Hi. I've played Tactics Ogre a long time ago in the snes and I want to play it again in the PSP. But I don't know how the enemy level scaling works in this hack or even in the vanilla game. I heard that it scales only when the player is 15 levels above the enemy, at least in the Story battles, and that in the normal battles all enemies scale, but I could be wrong. I think it would be nice to reduce this threshold to 10 levels or even to 5 levels. Or even make all battles scale, so the story battles would have a base level and if the player is above this level, it scales. This would make grinding not an option to win battles, and that would be nice in my opinion.

The main problem with scaling set too low are the skills, basically every battle has two templates, one normal battle that doesn't scale and the high level battle where you broke the threshold. So, if the scaled battle activated right away enemies would have high level weapon skills and augments which would make early battles extremely challenging. There's also an issue with jewelry, as the game doesn't assign it automatically.

I will likely reduce it to 5 levels, as long as you use a varied team it's hard to go over that.

I understand. Another solution could be making the scaling bellow the threshold scale with the normal equipment template, and only switch  to the high level template after the threshold. But I think it would be difficult to implement. Reducing the threshold is a better solution.