Darkkefka

Version 9 Public Release!!!!

121 posts in this topic

Alright, looks like I'll be giving it a go on my N3DS via SNES9X, the standalone emulator made by bubbles2k16. I remember that v8 ran flawlessly on it with 60 FPS, only skipping 1 frame when saving. I never beat v8, on my old N3DS, the buttons stopped working. So, new N3DS, new SMRPG:A playthrough.

EDIT: I misplaced the screwdriver, so that is on hold. Instead, I used my backup backup plan. I am playing on the PC. SNES9X 1.56, and just recruited Mallow, and gave him the Ice Ring.

Edited by face235
New info.

I like the different armor you win for defeating certain hidden monsters. Sadly most of them are pretty meh. I tried the forest girl and got destroyed wearing 3 ribbons and 3 demon mails. I like the fact you have to beat smithy first before being able to go for these hidden monsters. I wish there was a heads up as I spent 5 or 10 min trying to get a enemy to fight me in the sea with no luck. Now I know why.  

4 hours ago, ilovesupermariorpg said:

I like the different armor you win for defeating certain hidden monsters. Sadly most of them are pretty meh. I tried the forest girl and got destroyed wearing 3 ribbons and 3 demon mails. I like the fact you have to beat smithy first before being able to go for these hidden monsters. I wish there was a heads up as I spent 5 or 10 min trying to get a enemy to fight me in the sea with no luck. Now I know why.  

A heads up for hidden encounters? There's an anti guy in rose way that gives you the siren which alerts you when you're in a room with hidden encounters.

So regarding a previous mechanic from v8...

Spoiler

Do you get Celebi the same way like in v8? Gaz doesn't seem to tell me anything related to Celebi in this version. However Frogfucious does tell you that there's a creature in the forest and to be careful from the monsters. He's talking about Celebi I'm assuming.

4 minutes ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

So regarding a previous mechanic from v8...

Hide contents

Do you get Celebi the same way like in v8? Gaz doesn't seem to tell me anything related to Celebi in this version. However Frogfucious does tell you that there's a creature in the forest and to be careful from the monsters. He's talking about Celebi I'm assuming.

The method is no longer extremely arbitrary and obtuse.  The chance of encounter is now the same as Latias.

13 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

The method is no longer extremely arbitrary and obtuse.  The chance of encounter is now the same as Latias.

Oh yeah, I never understood how the Latios/Latias encounter chance worked. I just happen to fight hidden monsters in Land's End or Rose Way until they would eventually pop up. So, what is the chance of encountering Celebi is then?

50 minutes ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

Oh yeah, I never understood how the Latios/Latias encounter chance worked. I just happen to fight hidden monsters in Land's End or Rose Way until they would eventually pop up. So, what is the chance of encountering them is then?

Spoiler

EDIT: I just found and captured both Latias and Latios in the Forest Maze. So, can Latias and Latios appear in any hidden monster encounter? I never knew that. Does this apply to Celebi as well or is he only in the Forest Maze?

EDIT2: Do I need to do something else in order to make Celebi start appearing? I've been trying to get it to appear for a while now but still no luck. I'm I just having bad RNG?

Edited by MuteCitizenMaster

1 hour ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Frogfucius is lonely.  You should visit him.

Speaking of Frogfucious, I know he's giving me a hint about Ultima weapon in Kero Sewers and he's right, I'm having a hard time reaching him since boo jumping isn't working. Not to spoil it but do you know how to get up there?

2 minutes ago, WolfthorneLives said:

Speaking of Frogfucious, I know he's giving me a hint about Ultima weapon in Kero Sewers and he's right, I'm having a hard time reaching him since boo jumping isn't working. Not to spoil it but do you know how to get up there?

There's a bug where enemies lose their collision, I'm guessing that's what happening.

You still get to Ultima Weapon the same way as in version 8.

Just now, Nitro said:

There's a bug where enemies lose their collision, I'm guessing that's what happening.

You still get to Ultima Weapon the same way as in version 8.

Okay yeah for some reason when I visited Kero Sewers the first time in the main story, I was able to get up there normally. I'll try it again now before I go to some other bosses.

1 minute ago, Doomsday31415 said:

If anyone can figure out how to trigger the bug where you can't jump on enemies after running from them, that'd be great...

What's the bounty?

Beta access to version 10?

I'm joking.

25 minutes ago, Nitro said:

What's the bounty?

The bounty is that chest in Booster Pass that's impossible to get without it.

So... also a Master Ball and Speed Bracer... and 500 frog coins.

I was able to get up there this time, I have no idea what triggers it however. Once I restarted my game it worked perfectly. One thing to note is that Ive been able to jump on other enemies after running the issue only happens here in Kero Sewers for me.

5 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

The bounty is that chest in Booster Pass that's impossible to get without it.

So... also a Master Ball and Speed Bracer... and 500 frog coins.

Didn't you forget about the Lazy Shell?

Edited by Nitro

On 3/9/2018 at 23:02, Darkkefka said:

No puedo apoligizar lo suficiente para la espera ... ni la falta de mi presencia aquí. Pero tenga la seguridad de que este proyecto ha estado en mi mente durante los últimos 3 meses más o menos.

La tan esperada versión 9 está lista.
Estoy seguro de que ya sabes lo básico ... pero por si acaso no ...
- Esto NO ES COMPATIBLE con ninguna otra versión de este juego. Si intentas cargar un archivo guardado usando cualquier otra versión, PODRÁ fallar como loco, así que NO lo hagas.
-Si Toad dice algo gracioso al principio, significa que parcheaste el juego con una versión que no es compatible con esta. Las posibilidades de que esto ocurra son escasas, pero suceden.
-El programa recomendado para jugar esto es SNES 9x.

La versión 9 es un juego de pelota completamente nuevo de la versión 8. Te diría los cambios, pero ¿qué divertido será? Este es el modo de contenido (fácil). El modo difícil se lanzará un poco más tarde después de algunas revisiones y tal ... y si algo necesita ser arreglado.

Si encuentra algún problema en el juego, publíquelo en el hilo del error. Publique videos / fotos aquí si es necesario. Siempre es posible que algo se haya perdido.

Gracias por su paciencia. No olvide agradecer a Doom y Yakibomb mientras lo hace. ¡Disfruta la versión 9 de Super Mario RPG Armegeddon!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/47boaubjia0iy0e/Mario_RPG_ARM_V.9(Content).ips/file

rosalina_icon_by_ashley_andred-d7kvvis.png

Hello, good afternoon, I need help, I am an absolute ape and I am new to this hacks: c would someone explain how to patch the game?
Beforehand thank you very much

4 hours ago, NecroDex said:

Hello, good afternoon, I need help, I am an absolute ape and I am new to this hacks: c would someone explain how to patch the game?
Beforehand thank you very much

Find a rom of the original super mario rpg for snes, then download an ips patcher (lunar ips is my recommended program to use) to patch the v9 mod to the rom. 

Edited by Darkcelestrian

1 minute ago, Darkcelestrian said:

Find a rom of the original super mario rpg for snes, then download an ips patcher (lunar ips is my recommended program to use) to patch the v9 mod to the rom. 

Oh nice, thanks for helping men :3

I just want to thank everyone who has worked on this hack. The sheer amount of content is absurd, and V9 fixes so many problems and makes the whole thing so much more enjoyable.

That said, any idea when hard mode might be coming out? I think I'm pretty much done here... :P

NecessaryUncommonBeardedcollie-max-1mb.g

Edited by pinkzeppelincult

4 hours ago, pinkzeppelincult said:

I just want to thank everyone who has worked on this hack. The sheer amount of content is absurd, and V9 fixes so many problems and makes the whole thing so much more enjoyable.

That said, any idea when hard mode might be coming out? I think I'm pretty much done here... :P

NecessaryUncommonBeardedcollie-max-1mb.g

There were more bugs introduced in version 9 than fixed from version 8.

Hard mode will come out once everything with content and normal mode is fixed.