Darkkefka

Version 9 Public Release!!!!

121 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

I wasn't aware that there were impossible bosses in v9.

No, but disappearing coins, not being able to jump while moving immediately after beating Dawn or May, easy FF Boss Rush (that's not an issue though)

Edited by Nitro

17 minutes ago, Nitro said:

No, but disappearing coins, not being able to jump while moving immediately after beating Dawn or May, easy FF Boss Rush (that's not an issue though)

That first one is a nasty issue I admit, but the other two are trivial.

At least in v9 you can't be stuck with one hidden chest remaining...

3 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

That first one is a nasty issue I admit, but the other two are trivial.

At least in v9 you can't be stuck with one hidden chest remaining...

Stuck with one hidden chest remaining?

so V9 has finally been summoned into the world huh

finally get to torture myself with more super mario rpg armageddon

gonna stream dis to my youtube

just wanted to give a big shout out to darkkefka and doomsday

you guys have done excellent

i can't think of a better finale then what u guys have done here and now..u guys have a die hard gamer's eternal thanks

1 hour ago, gamerX459 said:

so V9 has finally been summoned into the world huh

finally get to torture myself with more super mario rpg armageddon

gonna stream dis to my youtube

It was released about a month ago.

hello~! I played SMRPG:A v.8 a couple years ago....i think i downloaded it off of Insane Difficulty...Anyway, I decided to go looking into the game again and saw V9 here. I just downloaded the content mode version i believe, but i;m wondering what the difference is between Content Mode and the regular v9?

P.S. was the hidden chest in Mushroom Kingdom (above the doorway heading to the Chancellor's room) removed?

Edited by AgJu

On 2019-01-08 at 10:40 PM, AgJu said:

hello~! I played SMRPG:A v.8 a couple years ago....i think i downloaded it off of Insane Difficulty...Anyway, I decided to go looking into the game again and saw V9 here. I just downloaded the content mode version i believe, but i;m wondering what the difference is between Content Mode and the regular v9?

P.S. was the hidden chest in Mushroom Kingdom (above the doorway heading to the Chancellor's room) removed?

Content mode is a lot easier than normal mode. I strongly recommend playing through normal mode.

And yes, that chest in the Mushroom Kingdom was indeed moved.

On 2019-01-09 at 0:50 AM, Rafael duque said:

i have a question the version 9 will have a hard mode or no ? or the normal will be the final dificulty level on V9

It will have a hard mode, DK is currently working on it, I believe. Just be patient and eventually we get it.

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

Content mode is a lot easier than normal mode. I strongly recommend playing through normal mode.

And yes, that chest in the Mushroom Kingdom was indeed moved.

it DOES seem a bit easy, but is there a difference between what you can find and do in the two modes?

And yeah, i hopped on the Toad standing guard on the side hallway and found a chest. :P

Edited by AgJu

There is nothing different about the content in the 2 versions, except for a few pieces of OP equipment that is limited/nerfed in normal mode.

6 hours ago, Nitro said:

There is nothing different about the content in the 2 versions, except for a few pieces of OP equipment that is limited/nerfed in normal mode.

thank you for answering. i'mma give content mode a playthrough just to get back into things and then i may go for normal mode. :)

So was the lvl cap put back to 30? I hit 30 in Rose Forest and there's no longer level up or "new technique learned at lvl xx" info. Is it just that I'm essentially playing 'easy mode' with the Content Version?

5 hours ago, AgJu said:

So was the lvl cap put back to 30? I hit 30 in Rose Forest and there's no longer level up or "new technique learned at lvl xx" info. Is it just that I'm essentially playing 'easy mode' with the Content Version?

No it's 100, there's a new way to get some of those late game abilities now. Some of which are unavailable until you beat smithy.

Edited by Darkcelestrian

7 hours ago, AgJu said:

So I'll still level up?

Yes, it doesn't show you the exp required from level 30 to 31 because you were never meant to go above 30. After hitting level 31, all level ups will display the required exp.

Hi, sorta new to this forum. I've known about the armageddon mod for quite some time just never tried it much. Recently got into it and according to the list of bosses on this website https://retroachievements.org/game/7943, I appear to have beaten everything in the game in version 9. Boss rush, monstro town guy, all the pokemon trainers, xion. Just curious if anybody knows if theres something i missed. Heres a quick picture!

ss+(2019-02-01+at+10.24.37).jpg

3 hours ago, annh said:

Hi, sorta new to this forum. I've known about the armageddon mod for quite some time just never tried it much. Recently got into it and according to the list of bosses on this website https://retroachievements.org/game/7943, I appear to have beaten everything in the game in version 9. Boss rush, monstro town guy, all the pokemon trainers, xion. Just curious if anybody knows if theres something i missed. Heres a quick picture!

Hey annh, welcome to the forums!  :coolguy:

First off, check with Frogfucius and see if there's any bosses you missed.  He only talks about Pokemon and FF bosses though, so I'll list the rest here:

Jinx
Boss in the new area in Mushroom Kingdom's castle
Boss at location west of Bean Valley
Bosses near the east exit of Mushroom Kingdom
Boss rush at Star Hill
Boss at location south of Ice Caves
Boss at Mario's Pad (beat the Anti Guys first)
Boss in Monstro Town behind sealed door
Boss at the very end of Palace of Shadow (in Bowser's Keep)

It looks like you've already fought most of these, but if you've missed any, these should be the rest!

Also, if you're still itching for more, you can always give Normal a try.  Be warned, the enemies are far stronger in Normal, and some late game items and bosses have been re-balanced.  Still, I hope you give it a try and have fun!

Appreciate the response! Yeah i'm pretty sure i've gotten all of those. Frogfucius is directing me only towards the boss rush at this point it seems as well. And uh, I thought I was playing normal? When I first downloaded the ips it said (normal) inside of it. I'm not sure if this is what actually happened why you made that assumption but i'm gonna take a guess at this...

A little bit before I found some of the 'two turns per turn' items I was trying to do some research and thought maybe content mode was some kind of mode where you get everything or something (like a cheat mode, i'm noob) lol. I now have 2 entirely separate folders titled 'snes' and 'snes2'. The snes2 is where I downloaded the content mod version and tried it in the other folder. Despite the emulators being in entirely separate directories upon returning to my 'normal' savefile (the folder titled 'snes') the color changed of the menu files. I'm pretty sure that my menu's were originally blue. And now its green lol. I could be wrong though again i'm noob :P

Edited by annh