Darkkefka

Version 9 Public Release!!!!

121 posts in this topic

I can't apologize enough for the wait...nor the lack of my presence here. But rest assured that this project has been on my mind for the past 3 months or so.

The long awaited version 9 is ready.
I'm sure you know the basics by now.. but just in case you don't....
-This is NOT COMPATIBLE with any other version of this game. If you try to load a save file using any other version, it WILL glitch up like crazy, so DON'T do it.
-If Toad says anything funny at the beginning, it means you patched the game with a version that not compatble with this one. The chances of this happening is slim, but it does happen.
-The recommend program to play this is SNES 9x, but SNES Classic is also supported.  Do NOT use ZSNES.

Version 9 is a whole new ball game from version 8. I'd tell you the changes, but what fun will that be? This is a preliminary Normal mode. Hard mode will be released a little later after some reviews and such...and if anything needs to be fixed.

If you happen to find any problems in the game, post them in the bug thread. Post videos/pictures here if needed. It's always possible something was missed.

Thank you for your patience. Don't forget to thank Doom and Yakibomb while you're at it. Enjoy version 9 of Super Mario RPG Armegeddon!

You can now find both Content Mode and Normal Mode in the Downloads section.

rosalina_icon_by_ashley_andred-d7kvvis.png

Edited by Doomsday31415
Tags

Thank you so much. I know you said this is the final release but I hope you will give us a version 10 in 18 months. Take 6 months off and enjoy life. Enjoy the nfl season (if you enjoy american football). 

If you understood the hell we went through to make this, you'll also understand why this is the very last version. Unless some completly new feature is created, this is it. But trust me..there really isn't much more we can do here...

7 minutes ago, Darkkefka said:

If you understood the hell we went through to make this, you'll also understand why this is the very last version. Unless some completely new feature is created, this is it. But trust me..there really isn't much more we can do here...

Just quoting this for posterity...

Even if I have to wait 5 years for a version 10 I hope one will be made. I still hold to my offer if i ever win the powerball You are getting a portion. The rest I will spend trying to bribe lindsey pelas and tessa fowler lol. 

Funny thing was... I started checking on a daily basis as of like, within the last week as I just... had a feeling this was gonna be released soon.

Glad to see it's finally happened though and thank you Darkkefka, Doomsday and Yakibomb for all the hard work that was put into this! Been waiting since... well, since I remember seeing talk about the old beta that... is supposed to be completely different from now hahaha (like around March/April last year when I discovered this hack... again lol)

But been pretty patient with the release of this due to one reason or another myself (and... not sure if I should try loading this on my hacked 3DS like I did with version 8 or waiting until my GPD WIN 2 comes in on Wednesday to try it on that hahaha)

Anyways! This is pretty exciting news and again, a BIG thank you to everyone that was involved in making this happen! :>

Small but important thing, like important as in this should be mentioned in the OP and probably also included as part of a readme of some kind.
The patch is for an Unheadered Rom, if you try and patch it on a Headered Rom you're probably just going to get a black screen on start-up.

Easy way I check for this is just using a tool called TUSH (The Utility for SNES Headers) which lets you easily just select a Rom file and it will tell you if it's Headered or not and then lets you add or remove a Header as needed. (In this case you would be looking for Unheadered as I already mentioned, so if it says it has a Header just remove it and you should be good to go.)
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/608/

Congratulations!

Yaaaaay release party! It was so awesome to work with you two on this project. I hope the project will be influential and get the attention it deserves.

sadly i am having it lock up when I use snowy. I got my rom off the net I forgot the website. Been using in the past. What rom should I be using with this game? Anyone else having lock ups using snowy? I am using snes9x 1.53 

32 minutes ago, ilovesupermariorpg said:

sadly i am having it lock up when I use snowy. I got my rom off the net I forgot the website. Been using in the past. What rom should I be using with this game? Anyone else having lock ups using snowy? I am using snes9x 1.53 

Could you post a picture?

Thanks DarkKefka, Doomsday and everyone who contributed to the release of version 9. Really excited to see all of the new changes.

I just had a quick question, were the hidden chests removed? In mushroom way when you first enter and near the pipe with one of the Pokemon, the usual spots that have them I couldn't find them there. 

Edited by WolfthorneLives
Spelling

3 minutes ago, WolfthorneLives said:

Thanks DarkKefka, Doomsday and everyone who contributed to the release of version 9. Really excited to see all of the new changes.

I just had a quick question, were the hidden chests removed? In mushroom way when you first enter and near the pipe with one of the Pokemon, the usual spots that have them I couldn't find them there. 

No, there's actually one more chest than in v8.

6 minutes ago, WolfthorneLives said:

Hm I know I'm checking the right spot, were they moved or maybe it's an issue with the ROM patching? Everything else is working fine though.

Many hidden chests have been moved to keep things fresh for returning players.

1 minute ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Many hidden chests have been moved to keep things fresh for returning players.

Ok well that explains it, thanks for clearing that up! Ill just wait till I get the signal ring lol.

Ok, so I have no idea what the deal is with Snowy. I can assure you this wasn't the case for any of the testers. I wonder if this has anything to do with different patchings. Not everybody is having this problem.

Edited by Darkkefka

I don't know. The one I used was made a long time ago. Back in the version 8 days, I included that along to with IPS to avoid this problem. However it seems that's illegal to do. We cannot even give links to any of the vanilla game. But that might not even be the case. For whatever reason, for some people..it just doesn't patch correctly. On discord, they said something about headers shifting a single byte. I don't know what that means..but I do know that a single byte can mess up the whole game.

Edited by Darkkefka

Thank you for the answer and can you pm me the link to the discord in a pm so I can join? I have work all day today and will be gone over the next 14 hours but will check when I get home. Thanks for your effort dk and sorry I am having this issue but I just wanted to be honest with you. 

4 hours ago, ilovesupermariorpg said:

Thank you for the answer and can you pm me the link to the discord in a pm so I can join? I have work all day today and will be gone over the next 14 hours but will check when I get home. Thanks for your effort dk and sorry I am having this issue but I just wanted to be honest with you. 

Discord.png

I can't believe the public release is finally here, i've been waiting for these big changes for a long time and i am happy to finally play it. Thank you so much guys.

I'll try to post videos or report bugs if there's some of them

Edited by GWGGeordi