Darkkefka

Version 9 bug report (report all problems here)

299 posts in this topic

No game is without bugs and glitches. We did our very best to get them all out. Yet there's always a chance some were missed. Something that's bothering me however is the fact that some of these bugs only occur with certain people. In any case, address anything wierd happening to you here and i'll look at them before the sever upload. So far, known issues are:

General issues:

• The reward for doing exceptionally well in Midas River is reported incorrectly (content mode only, actual reward is correct)
  • The Sky Bridge minigame reward for Normal and Special reports coins erroneously (content mode only, actual reward is frog coins)
  • Taking the secret path to the Nimbus Land hot springs causes a temporary graphical glitch
  • One time, Mario was able to enter Luma's shop while trading frog coins for galaxy coins, resulting in them getting swapped
  • In Rose Way, it's possible for a platform to be in the wrong place (leave and re-enter to fix this)
  • Losing to a certain, unknown boss causes Rosalina to teleport you to Rose Way instead of the proper location

Text issues:

• Rosalina says "no longer effect" instead of "no longer affect" (content mode only)
  • May says "beleive" instead of "believe" (content mode only)

Issues that may occur if patching is done incorrectly:

• Snowy causes the game to freeze.

Issues that should be fixed:

• Once-a-battle items are not reset prior to the ultimate boss
  • The cheep cheep in kero sewers that jumps onto the land causes the galaxy coin counter to reset to 3
  • Encountering certain enemies (e.g. Sparky in the Moleville Mines) disables collision when running from all enemies (enter Rose Way from TP to fix this)
  • Poisoning or burning Doom Cake during the final phase results in an erroneous 32k heal every turn (this has no effect on the fight itself however)
  • Running into the hole to visit the Nimbus Land hot springs causes a temporary graphical glitch
  • The fan in the far west area of Nimbus Castle does not look correct
  • Dying to Long Gui sends the player to pre-Yaridovich Seaside Town instead of post-Yaridovich (leave or beat Yaridovich to fix this)
  • Once a battle items are not reset prior to fighting General Guy (initial encounter)
  • Beating Mysterious Girl does not award 30 Galaxy coins
  • The Shell of Light does not actually block instant KO like the others
  • Doing the FF Boss Rush after challenging May will result in a black screen after the first battle (lose FF boss rush or start trial mode to fix this)
  • During trial mode, Yaridovich can be targeted before the Flunkies, resulting in strange bugs
    • Also happens with Mack and Bowyer after first cycle
  • Paragon does not respawn upon refighting Smithy
  • Special encounter in Moleville Mines (talking vs animation)
  • Iron Duke (name)
  • Debilitate (description)
  • Hidden Chest Guy (There still # left.)
  • When Peach gets Aromatherapy
  • Shirt/Pants/Dress of Light (description)
  • Pixie Dust (description)
  • Super Hammer (description)
  • Ultra Shroom (description)
  • Capturing Mesprit text (You captured Mespirit!)
  • Gold bar storage (You now have # Gold Bars strored.)
  • Various other text issues
  • Bowyer hits too hard with Shocker for the point in the game
  • Bowyer's Flunkies have too much evasion
  • Punchinello has too much HP
  • The first save file gets wiped when using most ally spells (SNES Classic only)
  • The game freezes when an enemy uses Disable(SNES Classic only)
  • Spark shot is graphically corrupted(SNES Classic only)

Is the immortal Valentina glitch fixed for this release? I know it's just a simple value change from the "Lifes" mechanism, but some small things like that may have slip up. Just wanted to point it out just in case.

Arent u supposed to get 20 galaxy coins after beating Mack? Maybe i misread it but thats what i read. But i noticed that i only have 9 galaxy coins and im on Rose way... if im wrong about the 20 galaxy coin reward then oopsie, otherwise it seems like a bug,

3 hours ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

Is the immortal Valentina glitch fixed for this release? I know it's just a simple value change from the "Lifes" mechanism, but some small things like that may have slip up. Just wanted to point it out just in case.

Yeah it is

38 minutes ago, Foxito said:

Arent u supposed to get 20 galaxy coins after beating Mack? Maybe i misread it but thats what i read. But i noticed that i only have 9 galaxy coins and im on Rose way... if im wrong about the 20 galaxy coin reward then oopsie, otherwise it seems like a bug,

You must first save all of the toads in the kingdom being attacked by shysters. After mack, the game checks to see if you've done that.

38 minutes ago, Darkkefka said:

You must first save all of the toads in the kingdom being attacked by shysters. After mack, the game checks to see if you've done that.

hmm.. i thought i did that, it did say i received 20 galaxy coins or something i think, even tho i didnt get it.

6 hours ago, Foxito said:

hmm.. i thought i did that, it did say i received 20 galaxy coins or something i think, even tho i didnt get it.

If you can reproduce the issue to confirm and tell us exactly which shysters you defeated, I'll add it to the list and look into it :)

12 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

If you can reproduce the issue to confirm and tell us exactly which shysters you defeated, I'll add it to the list and look into it :)

I already beat mack so i cant go back to the shysters, and i dont feel like making a new file and getting there again tbh. But i think i defeated all the ones that dont respawned, i mightve missed someone tho, but if the 20 galaxy coin msg isnt supposed to show up if i didnt beat the shysters, then idk why i got the msg.

3 minutes ago, Foxito said:

I already beat mack so i cant go back to the shysters, and i dont feel like making a new file and getting there again tbh. But i think i defeated all the ones that dont respawned, i mightve missed someone tho, but if the 20 galaxy coin msg isnt supposed to show up if i didnt beat the shysters, then idk why i got the msg.

It's very hard for me to believe that you got the message but not the galaxy coins, hence why I'm asking for you (or someone else) to confirm it.

20 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

It's very hard for me to believe that you got the message but not the galaxy coins, hence why I'm asking for you (or someone else) to confirm it.

Well idk.. how would i know im supposed to get the 20 coins if i didnt get a message

2 minutes ago, Foxito said:

Well idk.. how would i know im supposed to get the 20 coins if i didnt get a message

(Ofc someone couldve told me, but im not lying about getting the message, lol)

Snowy might be an issue with either the smrpg rom used, the emulator being used or a combination of both because I haven't encountered any issues with using snowy and I used mallow primarily as my aoe mage for all of the base story.

14 hours ago, Foxito said:

I can confirm this too, I beat Mack and got the 20 Galaxy coins (I checked to make sure and had 28 Galaxy coins) but somewhere between beating Mack and completing Midas River 3 times I went back to having 7 Galaxy coins.

3 minutes ago, Garro said:

I can confirm this too, I beat Mack and got the 20 Galaxy coins (I checked to make sure and had 28 Galaxy coins) but somewhere between beating Mack and completing Midas River 3 times I went back to having 7 Galaxy coins.

Did you notice anything strange with your frog coins?

Also, could you describe what you did between Mack and Rose Way?

Edited by Doomsday31415

19 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Did you notice anything strange with your frog coins?

Also, could you describe what you did between Mack and Rose Way?

After Mack, went to get the cricket jam, went to check on Yoshi in Mario's Pad, then went to Kero Sewer, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, opened all visible chests, skipped Black Shy Guy, used a Boo to climb to the pipe above the Save block, picked the Galaxy Coin in the purple room, defeated Belome, all without any death, and did Midas River, I did it 3 times to pick all Frog/Galaxy coins and Flowers.

Also, yeah, when I checked I had 42 Frog Coins alongside the 7 Galaxy Coins, I did get 20 Frog coins doing Midas River but I don't remember where I got the other 22 (Aside from the few that you can get during the waterfall part of Midas River).

EDIT: If it helps, I'm playing using RetroArch 1.7.2 with Snes9x 1.56.2 Core

Edited by Garro

27 minutes ago, Garro said:

After Mack, went to get the cricket jam, went to check on Yoshi in Mario's Pad, then went to Kero Sewer, I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, opened all visible chests, skipped Black Shy Guy, used a Boo to climb to the pipe above the Save block, picked the Galaxy Coin in the purple room, defeated Belome, all without any death, and did Midas River, I did it 3 times to pick all Frog/Galaxy coins and Flowers.

Also, yeah, when I checked I had 42 Frog Coins alongside the 7 Galaxy Coins, I did get 20 Frog coins doing Midas River but I don't remember where I got the other 22 (Aside from the few that you can get during the waterfall part of Midas River).

EDIT: If it helps, I'm playing using RetroArch 1.7.2 with Snes9x 1.56.2 Core

All good information.  Thanks!

One last thing: when you got the cricket jam, did you buy anything in the shop?

10 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

All good information.  Thanks!

One last thing: when you got the cricket jam, did you buy anything in the shop?

Yeah I got 3 Camping Set if I recall correctly.

So I just tried multiple times with the exact same version of retroarch and the snes9x core, but I'm not reproducing this.

Is anyone able to record this happening, or have reproducible steps?

0dd057a435edf7207bc004f1c2f330b8.png Hey i started over and found this in roseway, its blue for some even tho its not geting used.
415539ada3a1b3319e89cf3ccffd998a.png I cant go any further than this, becos that yellow one just gets me back not forward.

Edited by Foxito

59 minutes ago, Foxito said:

0dd057a435edf7207bc004f1c2f330b8.png Hey i started over and found this in roseway, its blue for some even tho its not geting used.
415539ada3a1b3319e89cf3ccffd998a.png I cant go any further than this, becos that yellow one just gets me back not forward.

Could have SWORN we fixed that... O.o