Darkkefka

Version 9 bug report (report all problems here)

299 posts in this topic

We have yet to find out the mystery behind the disappearing Galaxy coins. But its something between when you get them and the end of Midas River.

11 minutes ago, Foxito said:

Nope, sorry

Well, even so, maybe you know the answer to these questions:

• You saw the blue platform after coming from the entrance right?  Not from where the shy guys are, for example.
  • When the blue platform was sitting there, had you entered Rose Way before?
  • If yes to the above, did you do anything in Rose Way besides go from the beginning to end, optionally collecting chests and coins along the way?

40 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Well, even so, maybe you know the answer to these questions:

• You saw the blue platform after coming from the entrance right?  Not from where the shy guys are, for example.
  • When the blue platform was sitting there, had you entered Rose Way before?
  • If yes to the above, did you do anything in Rose Way besides go from the beginning to end, optionally collecting chests and coins along the way?

Yeah from the entrance.
i think it was the first time i entered rose way.

No, i couldnt go very far because i needed the blue platform to be normal so i could use it. I probably collected some kind of coins tho, because i think theres some coins before the part where i cant go any further.

Curious... that means the flag was corrupted before you ever touched the platforms...

Well, I'm glad to hear the logic that was added to reset them worked!

18 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Curious... that means the flag was corrupted before you ever touched the platforms...

Well, I'm glad to hear the logic that was added to reset them worked!

Well i did touch platforms but not the one that was blue.

4 minutes ago, Foxito said:

Well i did touch platforms but not the one that was blue.

Do you have any reason to believe the blue platform moved between when you entered and when you left?

1 hour ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Do you have any reason to believe the blue platform moved between when you entered and when you left?

Like moving while i was in the level? I have no idea if it moved before i saw the block, but i dont remember seeing it move when i was looking at it.

Btw i have a weird thing to report, sometimes i do ridicoulous damage, like 100K
For example vs Axem red my mario shell attack did over 100K damage, (my mario was boosted i believe, and axem got whirled meaning his defense was lower, but over 100K seems like alot)
and my other time was when mallow did 100k to 3 enemies with snowy, i believe mallow was boosted by geno, but 100k seems like more than it should be.
i think theres been like one other time with 100k damage but im not sure, so yea.

I thought Water Skip from Kero Sewers was fixed, but it seems to be still there in the current version when you swim almost above the underwater pipe

13 minutes ago, Foxito said:

Btw i have a weird thing to report, sometimes i do ridicoulous damage, like 100K
For example vs Axem red my mario shell attack did over 100K damage, (my mario was boosted i believe, and axem got whirled meaning his defense was lower, but over 100K seems like alot)
and my other time was when mallow did 100k to 3 enemies with snowy, i believe mallow was boosted by geno, but 100k seems like more than it should be.
i think theres been like one other time with 100k damage but im not sure, so yea.

Look closer at the number.  There's a period there.

4 minutes ago, GWGGeordi said:

I thought Water Skip from Kero Sewers was fixed, but it seems to be still there in the current version when you swim almost above the underwater pipe

Nope, it was left in for anyone that knows the secret!

Fixing the water skip would require me to tamper with the levels Solidfy titles...which is something I'd rather not mess with since so many of them are linked...so I decided to leave it.

Not sure if this is a bug, but when i loaded my save in bean valley (where the piranhas get watered) and even when they got watered they wouldnt grow lol, it works now after i entered the lvl again (i died and then reentered but i doubt the dying part matters)

From watching the beta testing I learned that the Final Fantasy bosses/hidden encounters and everything not related to the Mario series do not appear until Smithy is beaten, but I just encoutered a horde of Cactuars in Land's end. Is this a bug or a feature?

12 minutes ago, Joelback03 said:

From watching the beta testing I learned that the Final Fantasy bosses/hidden encounters and everything not related to the Mario series do not appear until Smithy is beaten, but I just encoutered a horde of Cactuars in Land's end. Is this a bug or a feature?

I wondered the same thing, but it's a feature.

11 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

I wondered the same thing, but it's a feature.

I was wondering the same when i accidentally encountered a certain powerful flower enemy when i finished watching the cutscene at the end of Rose Way (which btw it has a really nice new sprite animation)

I almost forgot to send this small detail i don't think i have seen on past versions, unless it's my imagination:

Spoiler

Isn't this dialog supposed to be said by Axel Yellow?

It's kind of weird how Axel Black said this when Axel Yellow made an animation and Axel Black is standing stillv9 t.png

And then on the next dialog, it's said by Axel Black again, but now he made his next animation while Axel Yellow never said anything

v9 t2.png

Edited by GWGGeordi

1 hour ago, GWGGeordi said:

I was wondering the same when i accidentally encountered a certain powerful flower enemy when i finished watching the cutscene at the end of Rose Way (which btw it has a really nice new sprite animation)

I almost forgot to send this small detail i don't think i have seen on past versions, unless it's my imagination:

Reveal hidden contents

Isn't this dialog supposed to be said by Axel Yellow?

It's kind of weird how Axel Black said this when Axel Yellow made an animation and Axel Black is standing stillv9 t.png

And then on the next dialog, it's said by Axel Black again, but now he made his next animation while Axel Yellow never said anything

v9 t2.png

I can explain that....

Spoiler

They originally refered themselves as Black and Yellow..unfortunity, SWJs might see this as racist..so I changed the Dialoge..but I didn't bother to edit the animations.

f97d1dc7548d6b5d889cee9aa1be3786.png5961cff7bde962bb2fccc735fadf94bd.png

For some reason the guy that blows u back has this weird animation when it blows, it disappears and reappears and when its reappeared its on the side for some reason? its weird.. also in the pic where it shows him, theres smthin red next to him thats not there when hes not there. 

(also u cant battle him but im thinking thats intentional)

I just lost to a Long Gui, then on the way back to the hidden area behind the tree, I walked right into Yaridovich disguising himself as toads.

And not just as sprites, it reverted my story progression!

When he dies, that's it, no further story

It's like none of that even happened

In other words: All it is, is a way to farm free kerokola-3

16 minutes ago, Joelback03 said:

That was the weirdest bug I've ever experienced in this hack since the invisible npc bug in version 7.5

It's a surprisingly simple bug: losing to Long Gui sends you to the pre-Yaridovich Seaside Town. Entering the "boss zone" from there triggers the Yaridovich fight.

No flags are affected though, so you should be fine otherwise.