Darkkefka

Version 9 bug report (report all problems here)

299 posts in this topic

I can't say I was able to recreate this, but this is indeed worthy of a bug report.

Was in the process of swapping frog coins for galaxy coins at the Luma shop and somehow was able to open Luma's galaxy coin shop before the transaction had actually happened. Didn't get a recording of it, but I had a lot of frog coins before and 18 galaxy coins, the numbers were swapped to 18 frog coins and 900+ galaxy coins. I've not yet been able to replicate it happening, but considering the game code and all that, something could go horribly wrong other than it being a Super Coin Swap.

1 hour ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

I don't know if this was mentioned or not but, why can't I use Galaxy Star in the General Guy battle?

The initial fight, the one in boss rush, or the revisit?

35 minutes ago, Doomsday31415 said:

The initial fight, the one in boss rush, or the revisit?

The first one. Haven't done the boss rush, nor the revisit fight yet so I can't say for sure it doesn't happen in those as well.

16 minutes ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

The first one. Haven't done the boss rush, nor the revisit fight yet so I can't say for sure it doesn't happen in those as well.

I imagine it's not getting reset prior to the fight due to a bug.  If you enter a different fight and don't use it, you should be able to use it for General Guy.

Woah, I had something weird happen to me. So, I was fighting against Kaiser Dragon and had Geno equipped with the Lazy Shell and Bombs Away. How can sometimes deal like crappy 500 damage and sometimes like 16K damage? Isn't Lazy Shell suposed to make you suck at attacking but a really good defense? It does make your damage very inconsistent though so I don't know if this is suposed to be like that.

Edited by MuteCitizenMaster

55 minutes ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

Woah, I had something weird happen to me. So, I was fighting against Kaiser Dragon and had Geno equipped with the Lazy Shell and Bombs Away. How can sometimes deal like crappy 500 damage and sometimes like 16K damage? Isn't Lazy Shell suposed to make you suck at attacking but a really good defense? It does make your damage very inconsistent though so I don't know if this is suposed to be like that.

This is because of the way chip damage is calculated.

On 9/4/2018 at 10:31 PM, Darkkefka said:

So far, known issues are:

• During boss rush, Yaridovich can be targeted before the Flunkies, resulting in strange bugs
    • Also happens with Mack and Bowyer after first cycle

1 hour ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

Why does Celebi apply the Invincibility effect? What does that do?

Spoiler

That invincibility effect is used now for No Status effects and No Insta-KO. You can see that effect happens the same when you use a Dayzee syrup, the only difference is that Celebi will grant you Full Restore + Status protection + No insta-KO + Auto Life + Extra turn and Attack Up for the whole party, while Dayze Syrup only gives you Status Protection + No insta KO and Attack up to one party member

I noticed this new version has no Defense/Magic Defense up, btw. Defense command is a must and new strategy for some or, if not, all of the bosses

2 hours ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

I don't know if you will agree with me on this, but I feel that the "Hold 'Y' for power" moves are too weak for what they cost to obtain.

They are probably weak because you didn't Hold Y properly. I used to struggle with this back when Meteor needed to Hold Y for power.  Just Hold Y the moment you see the dialog telling you to do it, and then stop holding it a few frames after the third star shows up

2 hours ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

In the May fight, Latios doesn't Mega Evolve. It just faints.

Only the last one alive will mega evolve.

This was probably done so that players won't have to deal with 2 mega evolved pokémon at once.

10 hours ago, GWGGeordi said:
  Hide contents

That invincibility effect is used now for No Status effects and No Insta-KO. You can see that effect happens the same when you use a Dayzee syrup, the only difference is that Celebi will grant you Full Restore + Status protection + No insta-KO + Auto Life + Extra turn and Attack Up for the whole party, while Dayze Syrup only gives you Status Protection + No insta KO and Attack up to one party member

I noticed this new version has no Defense/Magic Defense up, btw. Defense command is a must and new strategy for some or, if not, all of the bosses

By status protection you mean poison, disable, sleep, etc., right? Because you can still be affected by attacks that lower your Attack or Defense like Ultima or Dark Matter.

4 hours ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

By status protection you mean poison, disable, sleep, etc., right? Because you can still be affected by attacks that lower your Attack or Defense like Ultima or Dark Matter.

There's a difference between status ailments and stat reducing. Status ailments affect the character portrait, stat reducing adds icons next to the portrait.

7 hours ago, Nitro said:

There's a difference between status ailments and stat reducing. Status ailments affect the character portrait, stat reducing adds icons next to the portrait.

I see. Attacks that reduces your stats are the ones that their damage display flashes red, right? But there are also some attacks that flashes blue like Diamond Saw, but that doesn't seem to reduce anything. Is there something I'm missing?

13 minutes ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

I see. Attacks that reduces your stats are the ones that their damage display flashes red, right? But there are also some attacks that flashes blue like Diamond Saw, but that doesn't seem to reduce anything. Is there something I'm missing?

Just look at the icons next to the character portraits.

Also, there's a bug-made-feature where if you resist the element of something, any negative effects it would cause are negated.

14 hours ago, Doomsday31415 said:

Just look at the icons next to the character portraits.

Also, there's a bug-made-feature where if you resist the element of something, any negative effects it would cause are negated.

Best bug-made-feature ever.

Has anyone managed to defeat **Yo'ster Isle Secret Boss** yet?

I was in at it for a while thinking it would never be over, but I FINALLY DEFEAT HER!!!

Oh boy, see ya guys in Hard Mode.

11 hours ago, MuteCitizenMaster said:

Has anyone managed to defeat **Yo'ster Isle Secret Boss** yet?

I was in at it for a while thinking it would never be over, but I FINALLY DEFEAT HER!!!

Oh boy, see ya guys in Hard Mode.

I did on stream yesterday.